• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

Was very happy to finally get a copy of this one for a very fair price. You can't be too pickey condition wise with Baker stuff these days.If they are complete with no pieces missing and priced fair, I'm all over them.

comteenageromances38_zpsaeodynux.jpg

One of his best.

Btw, happy two-year anniversary on the boards!

Why thank you Tony. I hadn't noticed. What a long strange trip it has been!

Here's a pair of UK editions of 50s crime books with Baker covers. On the scarce side, I'm guessing...?

2zrksud.jpg

warfw0.jpg

I love these! I have a few UK (or Australian) reprints of St. John romance books with Baker c/a. I love oddball books like those. They've gotta be super scarce.

Here's a pair of UK editions of 50s crime books with Baker covers. On the scarce side, I'm guessing...?

2zrksud.jpg

warfw0.jpg

Very cool. Never seen any of those. That APC #8 is awsome. One of my top 5 favorite Baker covers.

Here is a Baker foreign edition you rarely see. Mexican edition:

comrecordpolicespanish_zpsab98e6d7.jpg

US edition:

comrecordpolicecase_zpsa5513ca6.jpg

Look at those prices...one cost 8 D's and the other was 1 nail + a tilted square...weird... :o

I'm not sure, but I think that means the #6 is from the UK, and the #29 is Australian.

Oh.... hm:jokealert:

You know Australia: It's a big desert like Arizona, but with fewer snakes. :D

Look at those prices...one cost 8 D's and the other was 1 nail + a tilted square...weird... :o

I'm not sure, but I think that means the #6 is from the UK, and the #29 is Australian.

Really? Fewer? Well, forget about that place...no wonder they can't put correct prices on their books...I mean, how much is a nail and a tilted square, anyway?

Au contraire. Australia has many, many more snakes than does AZ. Just ask Steve Irwin.

Au contraire. Australia has many, many more snakes than does AZ. Just ask Steve Irwin.

And...uh...do you know a good Medium I could speak with to do that? hm