• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,347 posts in this topic

Here's mine again. Lower grade but I am just stoked to have one at all. One of my most favorite books in my collection. Could this book be pressed?

comgiantcom12_zps98684840.jpg

I believe pressing would improve the look of it. Some of the surface dirt might also be safely removed.

Once my mom caught me with one of my uncle's ECs. She tore it up and warned me about bring stuff like that into the house. So I obeyed her and kept the rest in a box in the tree house. I was a sneaky kid and managed to get stuff in the house and hid it well. Key was not to get caught reading it when she was around or awake.

As far as this book goes, I doubt very many boys bought romance comics or paid a quarter for them. This book was probably aimed at an older female audience.

Don't spank me because they aren't romance, but I have to say Matt did some just wonderful crime work. These have been overlooked for quite a while but not any more.

comauthpolicecases7_zpsqqfo1mdr.jpg

I agree. I collect his St John crime covers (and his St John Western covers) as well as his St John romance covers.

Not to drift too far off topic..... but is it just me, or does St John have just the coolest logo ever ?...... I like getting their books even when they aren't the Baker ones. It always seemed to me that they made a serious effort to avoid being just another hack shop....and while their claim to fame is mostly Baker and Kubert, most of their output was pretty decent. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not to drift too far off topic..... but is it just me, or does St John have just the coolest logo ever ?...... I like getting their books even when they aren't the Baker ones. It always seemed to me that they made a serious effort to avoid being just another hack shop....and while their claim to fame is mostly Baker and Kubert, most of their output was pretty decent. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

St. John was an innovator in many ways, experimenting with 3D, taller-than-usual comics, digest size comics, a couple of the first graphic novels and combination comic book/magazines.