• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,400 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

What are the top 5-10 sales of romance comics that you romance experts can think of?

There is no simple answer to this question, unless somebody out there has been keeping track of actual record setting sales of romance books, and knows for sure.  (Anyone...?)  Otherwise, the answer may require some research into auction archives.

1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:

Yeah, it looks like the upper flight of stairs is closer to the eye than the lower flight, which is logically closer. Everything else about the background, the perspective is spot on.  (Maybe forced, just a bit- for effect.  But we don't mind that!)

I had an artist friend of mine say the perspective was all off, the door to the left, the pictures on the wall. It may well be, but it all works. 

19 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Another "Baker babe", of sorts, has a birthday coming up tomorrow.  Who is it?   MM002_zpsba2b670c.jpg

Tell those of us who don't know!  What a hottie!

Just now, 29dukedog said:

Norma Jean Baker, aka Marilyn Monroe.  Born June 1st, 1926, died August 4th, 1962.

Oh! It's THAT hottie.  Didn't even recognize her in that photo.

Just now, Sqeggs said:

866c824f-0cac-4634-9789-ce6640b07150_zps

No way.  Is it her?!!! (...just added to the top of my list... however impossible it is to find)

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:
4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

866c824f-0cac-4634-9789-ce6640b07150_zps

No way.  Is it her?!!! (...just added to the top of my list... however impossible it is to find)

Yep.  Norma Jean herself.  It is a pretty tough book to find.

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

But of course it's her.  (But, sshhhhh!  It's a well kept secret.  CGC doesn't even know.)  :gossip:

Just now, 29dukedog said:

But of course it's her.  (But, sshhhhh!  It's a well kept secret.  CGC doesn't even know.)  :gossip:

Was just about to write that... CGC...  The last time I saw this issue for auction, even the seller didn't note that.  Probably would have seen a lot more bidding if they had.

I've flipped a couple of these, just like that; buying low because the sellers didn't know, and auctioning to the crowd that did.  I don't even have a copy myself, at the moment.  They're too lucrative to hang on to!

18 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

This has a Baker cover, so naturally it's going to get swept along in the furor... but it's not considered a key... not coveted like TLP 11, for example... and typically doesn't set any price records.  But, it gets the love it deserves from me, at least.  rm24_zps811999ee.jpg

Looks like the house from psycho...