• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,511 posts in this topic

How about another one that usually flies under the radar... TR 44 has a real funky, '50's "mod" look about it.  Or, is it just me?  I've never seen a nice copy of this one, either. Four copies in the census with the highest being a 4.5. tar44_zps5frxwaep.jpg

5 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

How about another one that usually flies under the radar... TR 44 has a real funky, '50's "mod" look about it.  Or, is it just me?  I've never seen a nice copy of this one, either. Four copies in the census with the highest being a 4.5. tar44_zps5frxwaep.jpg

Here's mine.  Kind of interesting that it's the blonde who is looking on wistfully. hm

2015-04-22-0001_zpsvgq0qfqk.jpg

11 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

I had a chance at one of these a little over a year ago. I did not know how uncommon some of these were at the time and I passed.

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of interesting that it's the blonde who is looking on wistfully.

Challenging the long held belief that "blondes have more fun".  That wasn't always the case in a Baker world.

2 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:
11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Kind of interesting that it's the blonde who is looking on wistfully.

Challenging the long held belief that "blondes have more fun".  That wasn't always the case in a Baker world.

The blonde might possibly pass for an older teenager, but the other two look a lot more like teachers than students.  Not too unusual for Baker's "teenagers" to look a decade or two older, though. 

Just now, 29dukedog said:

This blonde is the sensible, responsible one in the group... tar31_zps8df44964.jpg

Iirc, this cover actually relates to the interior story (if not, then there's a story in another issue that it would relate to).  An excellent Dana Dutch effort that was quite mature and adult -- in the good sense.

7 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Iirc, this cover actually relates to the interior story (if not, then there's a story in another issue that it would relate to).  An excellent Dana Dutch effort that was quite mature and adult -- in the good sense.

"Romance Without Tears" cannot be recommended highly enough, even if only for John Benson's discussion of the above average intelligence and maturity of the Dana Dutch written stories.  (thumbsu

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:
12 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

"Romance Without Tears" cannot be recommended highly enough, even if only for John Benson's discussion of the above average intelligence and maturity of the Dana Dutch written stories.  (thumbsu

I second that emotion! 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had a chance at one of these a little over a year ago. I did not know how uncommon some of these were at the time and I passed.

That's why, if you find a high grade copy, you've got a practically one-of-a-kind item, in the case of many of these books.

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Here's mine.  Kind of interesting that it's the blonde who is looking on wistfully. hm

2015-04-22-0001_zpsvgq0qfqk.jpg

I like it. I like it a lot. Here's hoping you upgrade one day. :wishluck:

8 minutes ago, n2wdw said:

I picked up a few Bakers from Harley at WW Philly this week.  More in my journal, if interested. (you have to scroll down the page).  https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/312873-n2wdws-comic-book-room/?page=43

5932d338b29b2_PhotoScan(49).jpg.f3ca015524f418fb2b1b8e820a63b8d6.jpg

Don't be so sure Pops. I'm sure Richard is thinking of his angle to get that prom dress off after the dance...