• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,343 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, fett said:

around the 10 minute mark they start talking about this book and how special it is because it has 2 pages of Frazetta art in it?

could not find them in my copy. :) 

BootsAndHerBuddies006.jpg

A great cover but other than the Frazetta mention, I couldn’t see why it was such a “hot book”???

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

A great cover but other than the Frazetta mention, I couldn’t see why it was such a “hot book”???

At one point, I thought those Boots books were pretty scarce, but lately I've seen a number of them for sale.

21 minutes ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Here's another one that came back from CGC earlier this year.  I bought it from a national dealer (many years ago) who graded it as VF+.  On receipt, I figured it was closer to F/VF, because of the back cover.  Just prior to slabbing, I really looked for defects and I felt CGC would give it a 6.5.

Giant Comics Editions 15 front.jpg

Great looking book and one of Baker’s best covers in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I bought this one a while back.  It was one of those times where I was so excited to buy it that I overlooked some obvious defects.  So prior to slabbing, my heart sank when I looked at the back cover.  I figured it would get a 5.0, but CGC really hammered it.  Oh well, the nicest 4.5 I have ever seen.

All Picture All Love 1 front.jpg

That highway is in Jersey and i think that book is loved in any condition.(thumbsu

19 hours ago, Inaflash said:
19 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Here's another one that came back from CGC earlier this year.  I bought it from a national dealer (many years ago) who graded it as VF+.  On receipt, I figured it was closer to F/VF, because of the back cover.  Just prior to slabbing, I really looked for defects and I felt CGC would give it a 6.5.

Giant Comics Editions 15 front.jpg

Great looking book and one of Baker’s best covers in my opinion.

One my favorites, as well.  Love how you've got a complete little story in the background. 

19 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I bought this one a while back.  It was one of those times where I was so excited to buy it that I overlooked some obvious defects.  So prior to slabbing, my heart sank when I looked at the back cover.  I figured it would get a 5.0, but CGC really hammered it.  Oh well, the nicest 4.5 I have ever seen.

:x

On 11/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, Bumble Kitty said:

Roland, you’re on fire! :applause: