• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,326 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
21 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

I was a bit surprised this didn't go higher, considering how rarely it comes up for sale.   hm  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-age-Diary-Secrets-9-Aug-1950-/143054849019?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

I tried!

If I knew it'd end in this range, I might've given more serious thought to trying for it.  I was sure it wouldn't go for less than $1200. 

6 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

If I knew it'd end in this range, I might've given more serious thought to trying for it.  I was sure it wouldn't go for less than $1200. 

There wasn't much info to go on from the seller.  At least there were photos of the front and back and inside front/back...  If it is anything like the other books he had posted, I'd guess the paper quality is poor.

12 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

I was a bit surprised this didn't go higher, considering how rarely it comes up for sale.   hm  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-age-Diary-Secrets-9-Aug-1950-/143054849019?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Ouch!  I missed it or it would definitely have gone higher.  Whatever problems it might have, it would have been a big upgrade over my copy.

Strange that the seller neglected to include Baker's name in the listing title.  Cost himself some dough. 

2017-10-16-0001_zpskapff2bg.jpg

11 hours ago, 29dukedog said:
11 hours ago, PeterPark said:
12 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

I tried!

Given there are only three copies on the census (one being my wreck of a copy), it had the potential to go well above $1,200 if the seller had had the brains to put "Baker" in the listing. 

40 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Is there a quick list of post-St John covers Baker did?

I guess there is, if you happen to have a copy of "The Art of Glamour".  Online, I don't think so.  

It would be a pretty short list, in any event.  

Edited by 29dukedog
Added material