• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,320 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Happy to have a copy - any copy - of this tall Baker:

809FDF65-1ED4-454E-8C6E-EAE2C78F31B9.jpeg

The missing corner probably brought the grade down, but it was only after I looked carefully at the book that I even noticed it.  Blends in well with the sand. That copy presents very well.

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

The Art of Glamour checklists credits Baker with the story, "Whom Shall I Marry?"

Thank you.  A closer look shows Baker's hand clearly, but there's quite a bit that doesn't look that much like his work as well.  Very happy to have it at all.

3 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

DS 16 is one of Baker’s best covers, IMHO (I recently upgraded to a 6.5).

I agree.  It's such a happy scene.  Looks like maybe a briefcase and a spiral notebook in the foreground.  Maybe they're on a lunch break from the office or, better yet!, playing hooky.  

They do some to be a trifle close to the edge of that cliff, though. :whatthe:

7 hours ago, comicnoir said:

I just saw a copy of this book sell here and I realized I'd never scanned my copy. One of the first Baker romances I ever picked up. Price? $10.00.

diary secrets 16.jpeg

This really is a great looking copy of a spectacular book, but I think you overpaid for it :baiting:

1 minute ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

THAT is what I am looking for. I know where one is but money will not seem to buy it. 

The copy you just sold looks pretty darn good (color-wise).  Red as deep as mine, but much darker blue.

The guy's coat is pretty blue on my copy, but the reds are orange. Don't know whether the reds were just more susceptible to fading or if it was a printing problem. 

image_zpse0aca963.JPG