• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,400 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2024 at 7:46 AM, manetteska said:

Always liked this one. Glad I got in early.

However, anything I don't yet have is very quickly escaping my funds' reach.

I wonder if we are seeing ‘investors’ jumping in , switching from silver . Hopefully not , but these prices are stunning, at heritage at least 

Edited by Changer

On 2/8/2024 at 5:14 PM, Point Five said:

Your 1.0 copy, was that the recent one with the coupon cut or whatever in the front? That's awesome that you got one. Definitely a book I love and (against the odds) hope to own someday.

Yeah.  Not a coupon, but that big chunk of the lower front cover.  I can live with that.

On 2/9/2024 at 11:39 AM, Changer said:

I wonder if we are seeing ‘investors’ jumping in , switching from silver . Hopefully not , but these prices are stunning, at heritage at least 

Honestly, I'd pay good money to watch a reality series where some day-trader type tries to give himself a crash course in the various titles and debates and lore of Baker. "Just dropped $20K and won the highest graded copy of Saint #4... wait, guys, why is there a question mark next to Baker's name in the description???"

On 2/9/2024 at 4:59 PM, manetteska said:

$1120?!

Yeah, don't think I'm buying any decent Bakers again.

It’s even worse for Canadians with our crappy exchange rate 🤷🏻‍♂️. Got into this hobby (for me) last summer - first purchase was a Baker TAR 33 -  I’m addicted. I too have noticed prices steadily increasing - eBay and HA and others. Sometimes you get lucky and scoop low - but it’s becoming increasingly more difficult - even lower grades. 

Edited by Mavrick76

On 2/9/2024 at 5:03 PM, Mavrick76 said:

Sometimes you get lucky and scoop low - but it’s becoming increasingly more difficult. 

Definitely have to pick your spots and be vigilant. I still haven't gotten anything high grade, but some are so scarce it's moot point.

On 2/9/2024 at 5:13 PM, LadyDeath said:

Definitely have to pick your spots and be vigilant. I still haven't gotten anything high grade, but some are so scarce it's moot point.

“Patience is a virtue.” 

On 2/10/2024 at 9:15 AM, szav said:

Nice looking copy.  Do you really think its that common?  Maybe relative to St John romance, but I don't feel like you see this one up for sale that often.

Underrated in my book still anyway as I think we may have come to a general agreement in casual discussion here that its Baker's first published cover.  Also sorta cool that part of it was used for the cover of Art of Glamour.

your correct, I should  say more common in high grade than other Matt Bakers for some reason? but I love the colors on this one 

image.thumb.png.55c4a8f83263cade238e0935d841b89b.png

Edited by Changer