• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Strange Adventures
2 2

511 posts in this topic

150, Bethlehem Pedigree.

SA150header.jpg

SA150.jpg

I guarantee this issue sold out back in the day. What kid could refuse to fork over twelve cents after looking at that cover?

Atomic Knights are fantastic (just ordered the reprint book) but I also love this cover. Classic Murphy Anderson DC Sci-Fi! :applause:

Great books guys. Love seeing these Silver SA's.

Atomic Knights anyone?

SA156.jpg

They are indeed. Definitely should have had their own series. If done correctly they could still make an enjoyable movie..

strangeadventures117001.jpg

DR.X

I wonder with all these high prices paid for a lot of Silver Age 9.4 and above key issues what price the Strange Adventures #117 9.2 would fetch(and no i dont have it). Granted its not a 9.4,9.6 or 9.8 but would that really matter seeing as its a key issue and easily the highest graded.

Has Strange Adventures now joined the ranks of titles that have fallen into disfavour? If so, I'll take that as my cue to parade out scans of some of mine.

StrangeAdventures144.jpg

22-05-201131500PM.jpg

22-05-201131504PM.jpg

;)

Edited by Hepcat

I was watching that auction. Beautiful book! :luhv:

Back in 1996 Murphy did large sized color recreations of 15 or so his covers and the SA 150 was, in my opinion, the best. I think he knew it was something special when he drew it and he channeled that same energy when recreating it.

What big kid could refuse to fork over a few books twelve cents after looking at that cover?
Fixed that for you. :)

Real beauties, for sure! (thumbs u Here's a few that I picked up on the cheap, before the Savannah and Twin Cities copies brought the high rollers into the arena.

SA121-90-MC.jpg

SA124-90.jpg

SA125-90-MC.jpg

Back in 1996 Murphy did large sized color recreations of 15 or so his covers and the SA 150 was, in my opinion, the best. I think he knew it was something special when he drew it and he channeled that same energy when recreating it.

What big kid could refuse to fork over a few books twelve cents after looking at that cover?

I also realized after looking at the date stamp on the Bethlehem that Strange Adventures 150 hit the stands one week after I was born. Had to have it!

I also realized after looking at the date stamp on the Bethlehem that Strange Adventures 150 hit the stands one week after I was born. Had to have it!

You didnt happen to buy the #117 as well did you? That only came out a few weeks before you were born :)

You didnt happen to buy the #117 as well did you? That only came out a few weeks before you were born :)

Sometimes it seems like Obidiah Oldbuck came out a few weeks before I was born :P

Technically speaking that's a GA book :baiting:

It's one of my favorite early Strange Adventures with that outstanding cover and an interior to match! :applause:

Is that a pedigree?