• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the most money you can imagine yourself spending on a single comic?

133 posts in this topic

I paid about $600 each for about 1/2 dozen books. As I get into the lower #'s in my Action run, I can see me spending about 3K on a book. I have every intention of finding #1 through #20 neatly stacked at a garage sale for 25 cents each. :grin:

The most I have spent is $600. X-Men 94.

I have no desire to spend over that at this time.

And of course I had a lower grade copy to sell of the same book to help offset the cost.

1000 would be as high as I could ever justify, unless it was an immediate flip for profit.

500 is the most I've ever spent up till now.

I have not broken the $500 barrier yet but did make a reasonable 7K offer on a book once.

I go out of my way to collect the not so expensive books but books that still appeal to me. I have spent $55 just this week on a comic and I believe thats the most I have ever spent on a single book.

Given available funds I would spend more but comics...though I do love them....are pretty much at the bottom of the financial priority list for me. However, this board has exposed me to some beautiful books and I expect my expenditures to increase over the next 5 to 10 years.

Neal Adams covers are starting to get under mys skin. Berni Wrightson is another that is beginning to tempt me.

Oh God, someone help me!!!

If I had the money, I'd offer Tom Murnane about 1200 for his 9.2 MGA 80. Whether he'd take it or not is another story. Can't see spending much more than that until I hit the lottery

Most I've ever paid was $600.

I doubt I'll ever be in the position to pay that much for one again. :cry:

I just recently broke my old record of $1505 by paying $3,800 for one comic book.

I'm not proud of it, but with certain books, if you want them, you sometimes have to pay.

I can remember when I thought $1000 for one book was outrageous !! :o

The most I've paid for a book is $910 for ASM 50 CGC 9.0...nice one!

Up until about a year ago the most I had paid for a book was $385.

With my present budgetary limitations, I'd say I'd pay $5K or so for the right book, but that would only be a couple of books to consider...for example if (I believe it was cgccollector) he called me and offered me that restored AF15 CGC 9.0 from the recent Heritage auction for $5K I'd buy it in a heartbeat...would have to get that cleared with the old lady but I'd make that happen whatever it took...

So I modulate grade and stay within my limits...so I want all ASM 1-100 in CGC 9.0 or better, so that is why I would buy a restored issue in the Issues 1-20 as I am not in any position or interest in paying $3-10K per book...

The most I can imagine ever paying for a comic book is $2,000 to $3,000....and that would be for an Amazing Fantasy #15 (the only older Spidey comic I don't have). The most I have ever spent on one comic is about $830 for an Amazing Spider-Man #1 about 3-4 years ago.

Let's see here... hm

Most I have ever paid for a comic was $650 which was for my ASM #1.

Most I can ever imagine myself paying for a comic...about $1200. And since I don't have an AF 15, you do the math on what book I'd be willing to spend that amount on ;)

I paid extra for 3 personal grails I wanted. $1,100 for my Amazing Fantasy #15, $400 for a Daredevil #1, and $230 for a GS X-Men #1.

Other than those 3 books, I'm generally 20 bucks or less on books.

I paid $1300 for my ASM 1. I assume that I'll have to pay at least $3500 for a decent looking AF15, so that's my limit.