• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

yeah ive been looking at gpa for the last few days and prices for restored in the 2.5-3.0 are everywhere....when i get there ill be looking around when i have time and arent at the booth ...of couse ill get some advice from mrbedrock...( who has a copy just WAY out of my league lol)

is bedrock going to be there :wishluck:

I should have 3 of 4 copies, but no cheap ones :sorry:

I think most restored copies will cost you 2K more, just because of the restoration cost added onto the low grade comic cost...

you might be able to find a decent low grade in the sub 2K range... especially at heroes hm

That is a very good point. My two reader copies are likely in that price range, but restoration costs would make them more expensive in higher grades. I guess the best deal on a restored copy is for one that approaches 9.0 but began much lower.

I wish you well in finding one c-mack. This points out that I have to decide whether spending more to restore one will help at all to sell it. Night,

yeah ive been looking at gpa for the last few days and prices for restored in the 2.5-3.0 are everywhere....when i get there ill be looking around when i have time and arent at the booth ...of couse ill get some advice from mrbedrock...( who has a copy just WAY out of my league lol)

yes sir...he will ...ill still like to see your booth my friend...

I think most restored copies will cost you 2K more, just because of the restoration cost added onto the low grade comic cost...

you might be able to find a decent low grade in the sub 2K range... especially at heroes hm

That is a very good point. My two reader copies are likely in that price range, but restoration costs would make them more expensive in higher grades. I guess the best deal on a restored copy is for one that approaches 9.0 but began much lower.

I wish you well in finding one c-mack. This points out that I have to decide whether spending more to restore one will help at all to sell it. Night,

thank you sir for the advice and info...

yes sir...he will ...ill still like to see your booth my friend...

stop by for a coke zero (thumbs u

ill be sure to bring you Texas finest..an ice cold Drpepper!
cmack, you are welcome, but your pepper ain't lol

lol just thought you'd like to treat yourself to 23 favors ....but ill say hi (thumbs u

lol just thought you'd like to treat yourself to 23 favors ....but ill say hi (thumbs u

Maybe Rick would prefer GAtorade...Get it? lol

I like me some gatorade, but coke zero is da bomb!

My brother loves drinking Dr.Pepper :grin:

My brother loves drinking Dr.Pepper :grin:
I definitely ain't no pepper ... yuck

from the heritage auction

Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC Apparent VF/NM 9.0 Moderate (P) Off-white to white pages...$6572

Showcase22gr1959 (Rich) prepared this FMV estimate for AF15 on 3/18/10. :golfclap:

-------------------------------------------------------

Here's my price list for unrestored Amazing Fantasy 15 with nice eye appeal and very minimal chipping and are at least cream to off-white pages. Of course, page quality will add a premium 5%-10%.

9.2 $180000-225000

9.0 $120000-140000

8.5 $80000-90000

8.0 $52000-60000

7.5 $45000-50000

7.0 $29000-32000

6.5 $20000-25000

6.0 $15000-18000

5.5 $12000-13000

5.0 $ 8500-10000

4.5 $6800-7500

4.0 $5200-6200

3.5 $4300-4800

3.0 $3700-4100

2.5 $3200-3500

2.0 $2800-3000

1.8 $2500-2700

1.5 $2100-2400

1.0 $1700-2000

Amazing Fantasy #15 (Marvel, 1962) CGC Apparent VF/NM 9.0 Moderate (P) Off-white to white pages...$6572

By chance were you listening to that? They didn't receive any new bids when they asked, and after a pause they declared it closed at $3500 I believe. Well I had a bid in, one and two increments higher than that. So my page changed to show me as the winner at my $3750 bid and they closed bidding for it. Then after a pause someone stopped the auctioneer from going to the next one and opened the bidding again. Oh well, those last few higher bidders almost got caught sleeping. I almost got it for about $4500. What were they doing there?

By chance were you listening to that? They didn't receive any new bids when they asked, and after a pause they declared it closed at $3500 I believe. Well I had a bid one and two increments higher than that. So my page changed to show me as the winner at the $3750 initial bid. Then after a pause someone stopped the auctioneer from going to the next one and opened the bidding again. Oh well, those last few higher bidders almost got caught sleeping. I almost got it for about $4500. What were they doing there?

I watched it...seems like they got in late bids 2x after it had closed (shrug)

Check out this HA.com page while it is new. The item page for the AF15 9.0 shows today's sale, and the initial sale of the same book at a different price. In the current auction similar items, of the three AF15's, two sold today and this one has two different selling prices. Very odd system, HA is about the best, but...

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7021&Lot_No=91321