• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-6-0-1ST-APPEARANCE-SPIDER-MAN-/250630301425?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5abae6f1

AF 15 CGC 6.0

No movement at $13,700

Writing on cover, cream to off-white, background of cover is no longer "fresh" gray. A soft 6.0?

(shrug)

I feel the same. The writing ,PQ (ow minimum on AF15 in 6.0+), and the cover is not rich in colors ("fresh" gray). You have mention, "buy the book, not the grade".

I would love to own a TEC 27 (never going to happen), but let's be honest here, AF15 was always the book I dreamed of owning! 2c

Top three must have books...but AF15 will be realistic for everyone. (thumbs u

Until prices for even beat up copies become way out of reach of the average collector that is. Now is the time to get one in any grade before prices get too crazy.

Love to just own a great 2.0 with no resto and chips to hold, feel, smell and touch. :cool:

Those chips make the book at least a grade or two worst looking. :cry:

Too much chips are not good for us. :grin:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AMAZING-FANTASY-15-CGC-6-0-1ST-APPEARANCE-SPIDER-MAN-/250630301425?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5abae6f1

AF 15 CGC 6.0

No movement at $13,700

Writing on cover, cream to off-white, background of cover is no longer "fresh" gray. A soft 6.0?

(shrug)

I feel the same. The writing ,PQ (ow minimum on AF15 in 6.0+), and the cover is not rich in colors ("fresh" gray). You have mention, "buy the book, not the grade".

possible pq upgrade with new label, the mention of writing on cover should be dropped on new label, possible overall downgrade with new label

Metro has a gorgeous CGC 9.0 copy right now if anyone is shopping for one. One of the best looking 9.0's I've seen if not THE best.

Metro90.jpg

Gorgeous copy. :cloud9: I don't know how many will fork out that type of money. I bet they want $125K-150K .

good god that is nice...yowza...quite frankly i am surprised the grade isn't higher because the corners are very nice as well as the spine, the back must have some bigger flaws because that front looks more like a 9.2/9.4 to me.

Where would the best place be to ask how a restored 9.0 is made, for AF15 and ASM1? I have two of each and the real deal is way over my head.

At this point I'd rather have copies that look like a 9.0 rather than a 5.0 or so. How does a restoration business decide what a book will turn out as, and what kind of a copy works best to begin with? Should I be calling the Restoration Lab, or all of them and ask directly? I'm not ready yet but I should know what the options are. Regards,

Metro has a gorgeous CGC 9.0 copy right now if anyone is shopping for one. One of the best looking 9.0's I've seen if not THE best.

What's their asking price? I don't see that book publicly listed on either the Metropolis or ComicConnect sites.

Where would the best place be to ask how a restored 9.0 is made, for AF15 and ASM1? I have two of each and the real deal is way over my head.

At this point I'd rather have copies that look like a 9.0 rather than a 5.0 or so. How does a restoration business decide what a book will turn out as, and what kind of a copy works best to begin with? Should I be calling the Restoration Lab, or all of them and ask directly? I'm not ready yet but I should know what the options are. Regards,

I don't think the restoration lab will know for certain if certain book will get a 9.0 PLOD or not..they will try to restore a book the best they can given certain budget given...you have to remember that there is a balance between spending and what a book may grade so it might be easier for them to have a low grade book in hand and then quote you the cost of restoration. I would post this question over at the restoration thread because the "pros" will give you a better answer.

Metro90.jpg

Gorgeous copy. :cloud9: I don't know how many will fork out that type of money. I bet they want $125K-150K .

Takes my breath away! Maybe we should all pool our money!

bummer...they took it off. It was there before. I wondered why? there was no price on the listing when I look at it because I looked at the scans of both front and back and zoom in for a closer look.

Metro90.jpg

Takes my breath away! Maybe we should all pool our money!

WOW !! :sumo:

Metro90.jpg

Thats a very impressive book.

I like the heritage or comiclink auction scans better. Metro scans tend to be too dark. If heritage had this book, the scan would be better (thumbs u

AF 15 CGC 6.0

No movement at $13,700

(shrug)

End price: $14k

Pretty healthy price considering it is a "weaker" 6.0

AF 15 CGC 6.0

No movement at $13,700

(shrug)

End price: $14k

Pretty healthy price considering it is a "weaker" 6.0

funny that when he offered last week at 13999, he go no bids, but this week, he did...

just goes to show that starting auctions at "realistic" or no reserve prices, almost always results in better results (thumbs u

of course, I was working a deal "off ebay" to buy at 13K if it didn't sell this time, so I am bummed lol

I'd also suggest it reinforces the simple (and oft forgotten) principle that good books can be offered for good prices, but can go unsold if the right buyer doesn't "magically" line up with that book. Timing is often the key here. After all, how many sellers do we hear complain about books not selling when they're legitimately offering good stuff for good prices?

In any event, I looked at my AF 15 again last night and thought to myself, "Self, this book is awesome. When I become food for worms, my kid's gonna get one heckuva shout out in the will!"

lol

Ok, a little morbid perhaps, but I will offer in my defense that I had just graded about 8 college writing portfolios and then cranked out final averages for all of my college students. :insane: