• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

You MAY win it with a lowball bid...no kidding. You break it you buy it... :wishluck:

I agree...comic prices are down this year across the board. Last year I was predicting that AF15 and FF1 prices would stay flat for a few years due to the huge increases in 2007-2008, but apparently I underestimated a bit--they've actually gone down slightly. We'll see if that continues...

high grade have not only gone down slightly (talking 7.0 to 8.5, not "really" high grade lol ) , they have dropped like a rock (well maybe not a rock, but I consider 20-45% declines across the board, something more than "slight")...

on the flipside, lower and mid grade have been level in the 4.0 to 6.5 range, and low grade (1.0-3.5) have actually been slightly up (now, I am not talking about folks asking $6900 for a 3.0, i am talking about folks selling 3.0's at auction, where they end up at 3726, etc... sales vs asking prices)

just my observation

Super high grade is absolutely, positively down, at least the two most popular Silver titles are anyway, Spidey and FF.

My Mythology instructor (many moons ago...took it as an easy elective) said everything goes in cycles....Big Bell jeans, yellow cars, tattoos,..even comic prices. :preach:

absolutely comic prices are not immune to the cyclical nature of both our collecting hobby and to the economy...

however, specific to our microcosm, what goes up , then down, does not always go back up again... now, ASM and AF 15, I suspect will again rise to glory! but that doesn't mean all comics will or do...

The 8.0 ends tonight, I doubt I go for it though other than a lowball bid. Colors are too faded, plus ComicLink was lazy this month and wouldn't send me a high-res scan after I asked twice. :eyeroll:

Heh they just sent me a high-res scan of the front and back of the 8.0 two weeks after I asked again...wonder if they're reading! (thumbs u

The 8.0 ends tonight, I doubt I go for it though other than a lowball bid. Colors are too faded, plus ComicLink was lazy this month and wouldn't send me a high-res scan after I asked twice. :eyeroll:

Heh they just sent me a high-res scan of the front and back of the 8.0 two weeks after I asked again...wonder if they're reading! (thumbs u

how does it look

absolutely comic prices are not immune to the cyclical nature of both our collecting hobby and to the economy...

however, specific to our microcosm, what goes up , then down, does not always go back up again... now, ASM and AF 15, I suspect will again rise to glory! but that doesn't mean all comics will or do...

But for the most part, what types of comics are we talking about here? SA Marvels? Take a book like AF #15 which skyrocketed in 2008 but then lost substantial steam in some grades, is that current point now lower than it was in 2007?

I'm sure there are some for sure, but how many books have "lost" value over the past 5-10 years?

You would know better than I would.

But for the most part, what types of comics are we talking about here? SA Marvels? Take a book like AF #15 which skyrocketed in 2008 but then lost substantial steam in some grades, is that current point now lower than it was in 2007?

I'm sure there are some for sure, but how many books have "lost" value over the past 5-10 years?

You would know better than I would.

6.5 af 15's were selling for 10K in 2006/7...they got as high as 28K... now seem to be back down to around $20-22K.... however, a few years from now, might very well be 25k+ again, as long as demand increases relative to supply (thumbs u

You could take $100k and strictly buy JUST AF15s....all sizes and shapes...diversify it...Two or Three 3.0s, Two 6.0s, One 6.5, and maybe One 7.5 or 8.0 with the change.

Put 'em in a lockbox, come back in 2-3 years. Guaranteed cha ching!!

Any takers? :insane:

You could take $100k and strictly buy JUST AF15s....all sizes and shapes...diversify it...Two or Three 3.0s, Two 6.0s, One 6.5, and maybe One 8.0 with the change.

I agree...If anyone have bought the book FMV before 2008 run-up, is doing just fine. If someone bought it at the peak, just put them in a time capsule...and see you in 5-10 years. (thumbs u You can not say this to the people who have paid multiple for most Mile High Pedigrees in the 90's.

how does it look

Maybe it's look brighter now. hm

You could take $100k and strictly buy JUST AF15s....all sizes and shapes...diversify it...Two or Three 3.0s, Two 6.0s, One 6.5, and maybe One 7.5 or 8.0 with the change.

that's what I have been doing for the past year (thumbs u

I'm curious,who here owns the highest graded copy of AF #15? hm
board member demented (Eric Roberts, not 100% sure of the board spelling, might be wrong) owns the 9.6 (thumbs u

how does it look

Kinda worse than at normal size. Back cover is slightly yellowed and very minorly soiled at the spine, back bottom spine is torn off for about 1/4", a few chips missing on the back cover top edge, looks to be a 1/2" rip on the front-middle top cover (you can see it in the ComicLink scan above the "Z" in "AMAZING," but in the full scan it appears to extend all the way down to the top of the "Z"), about 12 deep spine breaks that extend deeply on both front and back, color loss in URC, and the washed-out colors peewee pointed out a few weeks ago. That book never goes above 8.0, and as 8.0s go, it's meh. Can't say it looks overgraded though. (shrug)

I'll invest in 51% of what you paid for your purchases...right now !! :screwy:

how does it look

Kinda worse than at normal size. Back cover is slightly yellowed and very minorly soiled at the spine, back bottom spine is torn off for about 1/4", a few chips missing on the back cover top edge, looks to be a 1/2" rip on the front-middle top cover (you can see it in the ComicLink scan above the "Z" in "AMAZING," but in the full scan it appears to extend all the way down to the top of the "Z"), about 12 deep spine breaks that extend deeply on both front and back, color loss in URC, and the washed-out colors peewee pointed out a few weeks ago. That book never goes above 8.0, and as 8.0s go, it's meh. Can't say it looks overgraded though. (shrug)

this was the 7.5 from a few auctions ago pressed up, right? (just trying to keep my notes straight)

I'll invest in 51% of what you paid for your purchases...right now !! :screwy:

majority owner :o

how does it look

this was the 7.5 from a few auctions ago pressed up, right? (just trying to keep my notes straight)

It sounds like the BC is < 6.0 and the front is a weak 8.0.