• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Is that the copy from the most recent CLINK auction? Steller book !

Nope. That book is owned by another board member and posted previously in this thread. This book was bought raw by the previous owner and slabbed by him. It's a previously unknown copy.

Gorgeous copy Roy !! (worship)

Everything I've sent to CGC has been OW/W, and one white paged Annual 1.

How does this look compared to the raw scan from two months ago?

It does really suck that the piece came off the FC. I would assume that you did your due diligence with packing and that it might have come off during handling by CGC (or maybe shipping. Dunno).

But if it affected the grade...ouch. A 0.5 drop is big.

Nice PQ too!

It does really suck that the piece came off the FC. I would assume that you did your due diligence with packing and that it might have come off during handling by CGC (or maybe shipping. Dunno).

Nice PQ too!

Is this the 7.0 that Roy has that you are referring to that "shoulda" been a 7.5 ?

Nice PQ too!

Thanks, I had to ship a couple of the eleven I had graded, inside of the Mylars I stored them in. The typical Silver Age poly bags are not really wide enough for books prior to about the time when the 12 cent books began. Before that they were just a hair wider, and are too tight in the SA bags I have.

I shipped that 5.5 AF 15 and three of my ASM annuals in Mylars, and stuck each of those inside older magazine bags I had. I was really careful about sandwiching everything with cardboard between each, plus not having any open ends or tape possible to touch the comics. I'm sure my books reached the destination safely. Months ago my ASM 1 also lost a tiny Marvel chip from the right edge, I had noted it being loose to Matt Nelson on the shipping invoice.

I'd also say it was an unfortunate accident from handling. Many people handle comics along the way, no one is perfect.

You know what though... now that I think about it, I had a few SA Marvel keys where this sort of thing happened with a small rectangular chip coming loose. And based on the earlier scan, it looks like there was some pretty heavy preexisting creasing. Honestly... with the simple movement of being shipped, it could have finished the split on the chip. Nonetheless, helluva thing to see. :(

Nice work. Looks like the same book. Did you use to own the 5.0 before it got upgraded?

I've owned 4 5.0s but not this particular one. This 5.0 use to belong to a fellow board

Just purchased a 5.5 over the weekend

Nice. I saw that one. You have dupe galore with AF15. (thumbs u

Nice work. Looks like the same book. Did you use to own the 5.0 before it got upgraded?

Anyone know what accounts for the grade bump? Hard to tell without graders' notes for both books,

A press? Good day/bad day at CGC?

Yeah...I can't tell without the graders note either. Congrats on the second copy. :applause: You can't go wrong with these puppies.

Yeah...I can't tell without the graders note either. Congrats on the second copy. :applause: You can't go wrong with these puppies.

@ Don and Showcase. Thanks.

Still after another one with OW/W PQ and maybe no Marvel Chipping!

Hey Showcase, wanna trade for one of the Showcase #22?