• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

So many red-flags there. 0 feedback as a seller, 17 as a buyer in the last year and he shows up with a high grade AF 15 PLOD? Even if it's PGX, with his disconnected description and generic photos, I'd stay the heck away.

If someone actually did get it, they got a good buy, but odds are pretty high that this is not going to end well for the buyer.

I dont know if there is a "standard" for restored value since i dont buy restored books but from what i've seen, a restored book is worth maybe 10-20% of unrestored value at most.

My rough guide for unreversible resto in SA books.

For keys (differentials to unrestored MV at high grade always wider than low grade):

High grade (8.0+): SP 15-20% , MP 10-15%, EP 5-10%

Mid-grade: (5.5 - 7.5): SP 20-25%, MP 15-20%, EP 10-15%

Low Grade ( to 5.0): SP 25-30%, MP 20-25%, EP 15-20%

But with resto its even more buy the book not the grade (amount and type of work can be very different in each grade). Trimming for example decreases prices further as less demand.

For SA non-keys the price acheived by a book is very much a function of demand at any given point in time rather than the level of work done. Unrestored books are sufficiently abundant in all grades that prices are not significantly high enough for most buyers to need to look at restored options.

So many red-flags there. 0 feedback as a seller, 17 as a buyer in the last year and he shows up with a high grade AF 15 PLOD? Even if it's PGX, with his disconnected description and generic photos, I'd stay the heck away.

If someone actually did get it, they got a good buy, but odds are pretty high that this is not going to end well for the buyer.

I hope the buyer likes trimmed books. Note the top downward slope left to right.

Look at the bidding history on this book:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180606854925#ht_811wt_1140

Good eye appeal and PQ. But anyone reckon if there's shilling going on?

On bidder with 0 feedback keeps bidding on it.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=180606854925

This zero feedback bidder has had 10 bids on three items, 70% of bids on the same seller's items.

Hmmm.... hm

If it was a shill, good price on the book! A 4.0 that ended at $6052!

I haven't seen it since the auction but from memory, I thought the 4.0 in the Clink November auction presented a little better. IIRC, that one went for about $5400. Regardless, it's a sweet AF15 for someone! I wonder if a boardie got it?

I do find it amazing how much more often these AF15's come up for sale as opposed to a Hulk1 or FF1.

I haven't seen it since the auction but from memory, I thought the 4.0 in the Clink November auction presented a little better. IIRC, that one went for about $5400. Regardless, it's a sweet AF15 for someone! I wonder if a boardie got it?

I do find it amazing how much more often these AF15's come up for sale as opposed to a Hulk1 or FF1.

Actually, to go back to the original post, anyone think there was shlling action going on?

AF15 has always been the most popular and in-demand of SA Marvels. Hence, I'm not surprised to see more.

AF15 has always been the most popular and in-demand of SA Marvels. Hence, I'm not surprised to see more.

AF #15 might just be as important a book as Action #1 and Detective #27 are. Spidey is certainly one of the most popular comic book characters on the planet.

AF #15 might just be as important a book as Action #1 and Detective #27 are. Spidey is certainly one of the most popular comic book characters on the planet.

(shrug)

Definitely more than Hulk 1, but this and FF 1 seem equally available in comparable grade.

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

AF15 king of the SA. (shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

(shrug)

It's not only kind of the SA, it's king of most comics over all. It's almost up there in price with most of the largest GA keys and it's by far the most sought after SA key. Don't get me wrong, I'm an FF #1 fan first, but there is no denying how strong of a pull Spidey has among fans.

(shrug)

(shrug)

It's not only kind of the SA, it's king of most comics over all. It's almost up there in price with most of the largest GA keys and it's by far the most sought after SA key. Don't get me wrong, I'm an FF #1 fan first, but there is no denying how strong of a pull Spidey has among fans.

Time to add one more. hm