• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Shawn, first: You'll want to pay for insurance. That's a fair and simple request to make of ANY eBay seller. FORTUNATELY, you're buying a slabbed book so that works in your favor as he otherwise sells restored books as unrestored. Second, once you receive the book, you may wish to open it at the USPS with a witness--just tell the postal worker you've been lead to believe this person is known for scams and would like to have a witness in the event you need to file a claim. Considering the legal issues this dirt bag is facing, he can't afford to have postal fraud over state lines added to the pile--though I'm sure Mark Zaid would LOVE to add that to the list.

IF he will not agree to insurance, kindly point out to him that you've heard some feedback from close friends that has caused some unease and you'd feel much better with that on the book as you have every intention of following through with the sale. If anything smells funny, it'd just be better to take the neg from ebay and walk away.

Real shame though as this money will probably go toward paying his legal fees. But you know, you didn't know. I don't take the time to research every potential seller on eBay either if their feedback is clean and clear. Lesson learned though I'm sure.

Once again, another spot on, level headed approach by Mac Man. (thumbs u

Well said. He's sure getting good prices on most of his books. hm

Haven't look at his other sales or analysed prices.

I feel so dirty now...

Just a mistake. Don't beat yourself up over it. Make a note and move on. Danny is a seller best not dealt with at all. :foryou:

Well said. He's sure getting good prices on most of his books. hm

Haven't look at his other sales or analysed prices.

I feel so dirty now...

Just a mistake. Don't beat yourself up over it. Make a note and move on. Danny is a seller best not dealt with at all. :foryou:

At least it was a blue label graded book,just dont give him any more money to fund his criminal activities.

Very nice!!!

Still don't have my sons AF15 yet from the clink auction. Yesterday, I got a "deadbeat" email from them saying I hadn't paid for a book. Turns out, they hadn't marked a $100 dollar book I paid for and they already shipped to me last month as paid. Because of that, the AF15 and like 15 other books have just been sitting there for 2 weeks! :mad:

@ SpiderTurtle

Nice! Presents well. No MC! Where did you pick this one from? I thought it was from the Clink auction but they are different books.

@ Sufunk

Well, better late than never! It certainly is a real nice book you got too! I should have put a bid in on that 5.0 pence copy. It went for a song! Great 5.0...

@ SpiderTurtle

Nice! Presents well. No MC! Where did you pick this one from? I thought it was from the Clink auction but they are different books.

2122.jpg

@ Sufunk

Well, better late than never! It certainly is a real nice book you got too! I should have put a bid in on that 5.0 pence copy. It went for a song! Great 5.0...

Got it from Greg Reece off these boards (thumbs u

Oops, i just realized i never posted a pic of my sons AF15 that finally got here. I posted them in his thread but wanted to put them in here also :cloud9:

darren1.jpg

darren2.jpg

Better not let him bring that in to show-and-tell :o

That is Swwwwwwwwweet!

Thanks!

Dont worry, thats the last he'll see it for a LONG time (tsk)

He knows that AF15 is a famous and very expensive book so when i took the picture, i told him that my LCS let me borrow it just to take a picture of it with him. Somehow, he believed that and hasnt brought it up since. Hopefully, i can keep it a surprise from him until he's at least 16 or so.

Thanks!

He knows that AF15 is a famous and very expensive book so when i took the picture, i told him that my LCS let me borrow it just to take a picture of it with him. Somehow, he believed that and hasnt brought it up since. Hopefully, i can keep it a surprise from him until he's at least 16 or so.

Amazing what kids will believe! Ha! Great pic! he's a lucky little guy!

Thanks!

That way you can keep it if he turns out to be a pain in the butt. :devil: