• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I am not opposed to slavery,I work for comics. :)

I think that is technically more like indentured servitude. :baiting:

I do the same thing. lol

Back on topic, that 8.0 is ridiculous. When I dream of selling my entire collection and buying one big book I dream of picking up a book like that. Congrats!

Are you ready to crack the 8.0 upon arrival?

:idea::o

(tsk) as much as I know Peewee wants too, I highly recommend against cracking an 80K+ book...that is just me though

(tsk) as much as I know Peewee wants too, I highly recommend against cracking an 80K+ book...that is just me though

Yeah, i'm not one to crack books but i undrstand why people like doing that. Cracking an 83k book though that literally ONE cb ding could mean 20grand does NOT sound like a good idea to me! :eek:

No way. Thanks for your input on the auction.. (thumbs u

My boy and me may go visit the book on Monday in Dallas. I cannot pick it up as it would cost me 7 grand additional (sales taxes).

So I have to let them ship it. Go figure who writes the Texas tax codes. (shrug)

My boy and me may go visit the book on Monday in Dallas. I cannot pick it up as it would cost me 7 grand additional (sales taxes).

So I have to let them ship it. Go figure who writes the Texas tax codes. (shrug)

That's the way interstate taxes work, aside from exceptions. We have our state government arguing over charging in state taxes on Amazon sales here. They are opening a new facility or two soon, and the original deal was to not collect any taxes on TN residents.

I hope you will pay for it by "cash" instead of a CC, skip that 3% extra fee. Regards,

That's the way interstate taxes work, aside from exceptions. We have our state government arguing over charging in state taxes on Amazon sales here. They are opening a new facility or two soon, and the original deal was to not collect any taxes on TN residents.

I hope you will pay for it by "cash" instead of a CC, skip that 3% extra fee. Regards,

I once tried to pay for a heritage auction win with my CC, but they don't take CC over 10K....they don't charge 3% either , but don't ask them to charge a 80K order, they won't

I once tried to pay for a heritage auction win with my CC, but they don't take CC over 10K....they don't charge 3% either , but don't ask them to charge a 80K order, they won't

GAtor is correct. The 1st 10k can be CC'd, but it's cash after that. No 3% fee.

Every book (i think) that i have paid for on Heritage i was given a 1% discount if i paid by eCheck. I know its not much, but its better than no discount at all.

I am not sure though if they would let you do this on an $83K book. (shrug)

That would be awesome if they did. I'd use my American Airlines and charge that baby up, that way on top of getting the AF15 I'd get a free trip to anywhere in the world in first class.

Every book (i think) that i have paid for on Heritage i was given a 1% discount if i paid by eCheck. I know its not much, but its better than no discount at all.

I am not sure though if they would let you do this on an $83K book. (shrug)

I will check on that. 1% of 83k is serious dough.

perhaps the winner 2 months back never paid....GPA didn't list the result from the last time so I think it is not reslabbed/resub flip here in my opinion but a relist.

it is the same cert# from the last time the book was listed.

I agree. With the same certification number, that would indicate to me that the book is indeed back on the block because it was not paid for by the winning bidder, rather than a CGC resubmission after a press.

That crease on the top cover would preclude it from getting pressed, wouldn't it? Not a good candidate. Still, a book that I'd love to own if I could afford it.

Maybe Heritage offered it to the underbidder, but the funds available then were already committed elsewhere, who knows?

perhaps the winner 2 months back never paid....GPA didn't list the result from the last time so I think it is not reslabbed/resub flip here in my opinion but a relist.

( 6.0 ) Twin Cities - - (1) $17,925 - $17,925 May-2011

( 6.0 ) Twin Cities - - (1) $17,925 - $17,925 May-2011

thanks for the correction...I missed that.

Hey guys, here are some scans of the HA trip my son and I made to Dallas this weekend. HA is located in northern Dallas on Maple avenue just off the Tollway. Can't miss it...first TOWER on the left. Beautiful building (19.5 bp's buys lots of mortar and brick). We arrived at 10am Monday morn, went up to the 17th floor, and proceeded to a well-secured viewing room. The AF15 is absolutely breathtaking!! :banana: Keep in mind that I left the book at HA (they had to pry it from my hands with a number 12 Sears wedge) due to state taxes.

And be sure and eat at Sal's on Wycliff (right off the Tollway before Maple). It has the best pizza and pasta in Dallas. No kidding.

Enjoy!

114837.jpg.f5f688072967b2563c39778d2583ec3c.jpg

114838.jpg.a73f5174ad42c926041798777af038b5.jpg

114839.jpg.c9807d3fa02c4cc03b1e49799dc14e28.jpg

114840.jpg.1374ea74fa7908e270e02eea558ee473.jpg

114841.jpg.23162e0f246b305938038e26ed338f43.jpg