• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I do however think it's sad that this book is becoming out of reach for most collectors...

I agree, but look at most of the SA keys and you'll see the same thing. Imagine if AF #15 was even semi-tough to find, think of what prices would do then!

The vast majority of SA keys are still much, much cheaper than AF15. Heck, are there any that are higher?

Even 0.5 copies are busting beyond the $2000 barrier.

I do however think it's sad that this book is becoming out of reach for most collectors...

I agree, but look at most of the SA keys and you'll see the same thing. Imagine if AF #15 was even semi-tough to find, think of what prices would do then!

Buy up most of all the available lowgrades and BURN them. Then go figure what that will do to the FMV of mid and HG copies :devil:

The awfull thing is that money probably could be made on such a move :(

Buy up most of all the available lowgrades and BURN them. Then go figure what that will do to the FMV of mid and HG copies :devil:

The awfull thing is that money probably could be made on such a move :(

I highly doubt that.

The vast majority of SA keys are still much, much cheaper than AF15. Heck, are there any that are higher?

This is due to the demand. It is the #1 desired SA book bar none. Lots of competition drives up even the entry level copies. If the book was rarer it would be even worse.

This is due to the demand. It is the #1 desired SA book bar none. Lots of competition drives up even the entry level copies. If the book was rarer it would be even worse.

The book is rarer in the higher grades... :makepoint:

The book is rarer in the higher grades... :makepoint:

You're absolutely right, it isn't easy above 6.0, but I was responding to the comment that even 0.5 copies have been leaping in price lately. Any copies at all that have been surfacing in auctions lately seem to break records for a particular grade level month after month.

I don't think you would argue the fact that AF #15 is fairly common overall. Every auction has copies (plural) to choose from. They may be lower grade or restored, but that book is out there and finding someone who is selling is not difficult.

The book will be out of reach in 10 years, now is the time to buy one

Depending on what your reach is, and what you are willing to accept grade and defect-wise, it may already be too late barring a pull-back.

True, but that's not exactly a revelation. All collectible comics would increase in value if the supply shrank or if demand increased.

The book will be out of reach in 10 years, now is the time to buy one

Depending on what your reach is, and what you are willing to accept grade and defect-wise, it may already be too late barring a pull-back.

That's why I grabbed one now. I believe ten+ years from now even low grade copies will be untouchable by common folks.

As far as this recent spike goes, many are claiming "we've seen this before and it will pull back." Well, no It might pull back but nobody knows that with certainty.

True, but that's not exactly a revelation. All collectible comics would increase in value if the supply shrank or if demand increased.

I completely agree. I was just replying to your initial statement, which was:

The demand for AF #15 is simply higher than other SA keys, hence the price difference. I remember when AF #15 played second fiddle to FF #1, but that is no longer the case.

It may or may not pull back, we will see.

Nothing goes in one direction forever, not even AF #15. We will see a pull back eventually, but when and how much is the question.

The world's economic picture is more clearer today than back in 08/09. People then were perhaps forced to sell to buyers that couldn't afford to overpay. Fast forward 2011 turning 2012 and key comics are right up there with gold and silver as safe havens vs the $1.00. I strongly doubt that the AF15 takes a hit in any grade. The reasons 4.0 and unders are showing record sales is simply that there are more buyers with a few grand opposed to buyers with $20k+. The book has always carried a stigma, If you don't have one, you want one and this will go on til the end of time.

My guess is outside of metro I have bought and sold more af15 s in the past few years than anyone on the boards ... Over 50 diff copies. I can tell you that 3 months ago I had 11 copies for sale, today I have 2. Right now I am in a sell mode... And will look for a slight dip to buy more. But truthfully might not see that dip for some time to come hm

My guess is outside of metro I have bought and sold more af15 s in the past few years than anyone on the boards ... Over 50 diff copies. I can tell you that 3 months ago I had 11 copies for sale, today I have 2. Right now I am in a sell mode... And will look for a slight dip to buy more. But truthfully might not see that dip for some time to come hm

Wow, I'm impressed! :golfclap:

Wow, I'm impressed! :golfclap:

+1 and the price is well supported. :applause: