• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

That is correct, the book is going nuts!!

sell now during upcoming holiday season and buy back cheaper during credit card bill season of jan/feb (thumbs u

Do you really think I should wait until January? I've never seen this book go down in price.

I'm going to pass on the Comiclink one. I'm trying for the blue 1.0 or 2.0 books, even though they're a bit more money.

That is correct, the book is going nuts!!

sell now during upcoming holiday season and buy back cheaper during credit card bill season of jan/feb (thumbs u

yep. i think the bubble is gonna burst. it can't sustain at this pace for much longer.

So I shouldn't get the 2.0 for $3800 (seller's counteroffer) and should just wait a few months for it to go down?

I wouldnt think they would go down but spiderturtle is the expert, Id listen to him

this is a repeat of 08/09; if you look back on this club thread back during that time you'll see the huge spike then a pullback. That being said 2.0 for $3200 would be a good deal but if you pay more and will keep it for years to come than the $3800 price has reached it's peak. Also ppl tend to pay premiums for 2.0s to 3.0s based on eye appeal. I've seen it fluatate crazy- buy the book not label thinking at that price range

The long term trend of Amazing Fantasy 15 has been up. Any pullback will be a buying opportunity...especially the 2008/2009 as Spiderturtle stated. It's a good long term book in my books.

of course. it's a blue chip.

The long term trend of Amazing Fantasy 15 has been up. Any pullback will be a buying opportunity...especially the 2008/2009 as Spiderturtle stated. It's a good long term book in my books.

of course. it's a blue chip.

Lots of volume lately across all grades for this blue chip...let's see if how this plays out.

I suggest waiting until at least a copy that you really like for the grade. Don't get one just to try to beat the price or trend. Be sure that you like it as it is, so you aren't tempted to buy another one to replace it with.

+1

Make sure you LOVE the copy and it doesn't have some defect that'll bug you. If you're shelling out this kind of coin you want to be 100% satisfied.

I suggest waiting until at least a copy that you really like for the grade. Don't get one just to try to beat the price or trend. Be sure that you like it as it is, so you aren't tempted to buy another one to replace it with.

With any 15, you wait long you wait wrong.. :makepoint:

+1

Make sure you LOVE the copy and it doesn't have some defect that'll bug you. If you're shelling out this kind of coin you want to be 100% satisfied.

+10000000000 Trust me i did this a few times and didnt "buy the one i wanted" biggest mistake. Just wait you will know. You still have time the book isnt going to go up day by day just think about it a little more

In this economy, I'd wait for just the right looking copy as others have stated. There will always be copies for sale, especially in December (to buy Christmas presents) and January (to pay down on credit cards).

Good luck in your quest. (thumbs u

:popcorn: All I can say with respect to the recent price trends is wow! I sold off a good chunk of my ASMs to buy my low grade copy (CGC 3.5 OW pages) about 3 years ago and have had no regrets.

This book just seems to go up and up over the long haul.

I do however think it's sad that this book is becoming out of reach for most collectors...

I do however think it's sad that this book is becoming out of reach for most collectors...

I agree, but look at most of the SA keys and you'll see the same thing. Imagine if AF #15 was even semi-tough to find, think of what prices would do then!