• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I don't suppose anyone has the GPA data on 0.5 Qualified, do they?
I have seen coverless copies 700 - 800. I think more so than what GPA may say, is what the nook looks like at this level. It's all eye appeal.

I don't suppose anyone has the GPA data on 0.5 Qualified, do they?

Is that a grade they would even assign? At that point, I think they'd just give it a no-grade wouldn't they?

Well, I'll be damned....there are 2 sales on GPA for a 0.5 Qualified (incomplete).

Last sale was April 2010 - $1K

There was a sale in May 2008 for a graded copy - $710

Comiclink 3/6/12 auction highlights

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 7.0 ow/w $43555

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0 ow $11602

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 4.0 w $7611

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 2.0 ow $4322

My 4.0 did a little lower than I expected.

The 7.0 demanded a high price which shows AF15s in the higher grades are still strong contenders! :applause:

I'm pretty sure that 7.0 went for $43,000 because it's an upgrade candidate. It was a spectacular copy for the grade but it went for almost 7.5 price. I was bidding on it until it went nuts.

I'm pretty sure that 7.0 went for $43,000 because it's an upgrade candidate. It was a spectacular copy for the grade but it went for almost 7.5 price. I was bidding on it until it went nuts.

Did you notice the stain on the cover?

Comiclink 3/6/12 auction highlights

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 7.0 ow/w $43555

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0 ow $11602

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 4.0 w $7611

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 2.0 ow $4322

My 4.0 did a little lower than I expected.

The 7.0 demanded a high price which shows AF15s in the higher grades are still strong contenders! :applause:

If your 4.0 didnlt have chips, it would done better. The PQ on the 7.0 give it a boost...did'nt expect that much boost; nevertheless, bolds well for AF15 HG as said.

Decent appeal, but your former 7.0 looks better. Even at that price for a jump if materialized...would be a weak 7.5. I agree nuts.

Did you notice the stain on the cover?

Yup. I know the book well.

I was offered that same book about a year ago. I thought it had a shot at upgrade at the time but the seller disappeared. Looks like someone else took the shot and it came back in the same grade as it was regraded a few months ago.

Still, it's a gorgeous 7.0 and I'd have bought it if the price didn't go bonkers.

I miss owning my old copy. I agree that it really was pretty.

I was interested in upgrading to the 5.0 from C-Link but notes talked me out of it. Front cover almost detached at top staple and 3/4" bottom spine split. Visually from the scan it looked better than 5.0.

Blown away at the 7.0 price. It just kept going and going!

I was interested in upgrading to the 5.0 from C-Link but notes talked me out of it. Front cover almost detached at top staple and 3/4" bottom spine split. Visually from the scan it looked better than 5.0.

Those are my favourite defects because it means the book looks really nice.

I was watching that one too as it was real pretty but I did notice the stain and figured someone else knew how to get rid of it and upgrade... hence the strong price.

Not sure if you guys are talking about the grey smudge on the front cover but that's not a stain...it's just grey ink smudging where there was no gloss. Very common on 1961 and up Marvels till around some time in 1963/4.