• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Not a chance! You should just slip this one in a mylar and pull her out once in a while to read it. :cloud9:

I am happy though that I now have one... now on to finding a better one. :headbang:

Well, congratulations and welcome to the club! :applause: I too am finally a member again and mine will arrive tomorrow! :whee:

Not a chance! You should just slip this one in a mylar and pull her out once in a while to read it. :cloud9:

I am happy though that I now have one... now on to finding a better one. :headbang:

Well, congratulations and welcome to the club! :applause: I too am finally a member again and mine will arrive tomorrow! :whee:

Can't wait to see the scan.. thanks again. Needed to get one before the movie. The trailers look great so far. ^^

Anyone bidding on this?

Looks unpressed.

Buyer (spidey76) is new and without much feedback, so a little scary. Maybe it's someone here?

He mentions that the pages are a bit yellowed and that he bought it at Frank & Sons a few months ago.

Amazing Fantasy # 15 (1962) first spider Man

$(KGrHqZHJE4E88eUTI5LBPRfK63!4!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJDgE8for8cT9BPRfKmLCZQ~~60_57.JPG

That's an unusual miswrap for an AF #15.

Not really, I've seen a few.

What is unusual is how sharp that back edge is and the waviness. I could be wrong but it might be a poorly done resto job.

That back cover doesn't look natural to me.

That's an unusual miswrap for an AF #15.

Not really, I've seen a few.

What is unusual is how sharp that back edge is and the waviness. I could be wrong but it might be a poorly done resto job.

That back cover doesn't look natural to me.

Ha...now you got me thinking about bad leaf casting. But it could just be from moisture as well.

Yeah, I've seen a couple miswraps like that as well - I thought I saw one in this thread somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Anyone bidding on this?

Looks unpressed.

Buyer (spidey76) is new and without much feedback, so a little scary. Maybe it's someone here?

He mentions that the pages are a bit yellowed and that he bought it at Frank & Sons a few months ago.

Amazing Fantasy # 15 (1962) first spider Man

$(KGrHqZHJE4E88eUTI5LBPRfK63!4!~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJDgE8for8cT9BPRfKmLCZQ~~60_57.JPG

Check this out.

Same book!

Amazing Fantasy # 15 4.5 cgc first Spider Man

$(KGrHqZHJC4E7y+jFVozBO+R2oNDHw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqRHJBYE7)z8-ukgBO+R2+J-ow~~60_57.JPG

The seller sold it twice as a PLOD and then cracked it out and tried to sell it raw with no mention of restoration.

spideygeek12 completed listings

How much you wanna bet spideygeek12 is also spidey76?

That is awful, and eBay has been known to not stop that kind of auction, because they don't(or didn't) recognize the difference between a restored book and an original(blue label). I hope they have changed their policies by now, that auction should be pulled if someone reports it to them.

just sent this message to spidey76:

Are you the seller as Spideygeek? It seems that you are as you are selling the same AF15, and your description format/font is the same as that seller. I am guessing then that you KNOW that this is a restored 4.5 with extensive restoration including a color-copy front cover, b/c spideygeek sold this book in a purple label, then somehow got it back, cracked it out and tried selling it raw. Please let me know if I am incorrect. Either way, you should revise this posting immediately in order to present the truth about this book. Best, Rich

ugh - these people make me furious...