• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

I sent him this:

Dear spidey76,

Are you the same seller as Spideygeek? It seems that you are as you are selling the same AF15, and your description format/font is the same as that seller. I am guessing then that you KNOW that this is a restored 4.5 with extensive restoration including a color-copy front cover, b/c spideygeek sold this book in a purple label, then somehow got it back, cracked it out and tried selling it raw. Please let me know if I am incorrect. Either way, you should revise this posting immediately in order to present the truth about this book. Best, Rich

Here's my response from him...

OK i dont know where you getting this from, but if you want to check it i send every pictures front to back cover and every single page to prove it, you are very wrong, if you are not sure what are you taking about, please dont make this kind of comments

- spidey76

OK i dont know where you getting this from, but if you want to check it i send every pictures front to back cover and every single page to prove it, you are very wrong, if you are not sure what are you taking about, please dont make this kind of comments

- spidey76

How come ebay scammers always have such terrible grammar? Coincidence? hm

- spidey76

I'm surprised he even responded.

You should ask him to send you the original pics/scans via email. It would be nice to have those since this is somewhat of a historically significant book (meaning it's one of the few books with a color copy cover to receive a grade higher than 0.5 before CGC changed it's grading rule). And since it's now been de-slabbed, it would be nice to keep track of it.

That's obviously the same book,good detective work. :applause:

+1

It definitely looks like it is the same book.

It's definitely the same book and the same seller.

I just posted this in CG, but I'll post it here as well.

============================

I just noticed this...

spideygeek12 eBay Member User ID History

spidey76 eBay Member User ID History

:facepalm:

This guy isn't too bright.

Anyone know a Mike Ramallal from near Bell or Downey California?

I live in Downey CA. I asked him if I could see the book in person he said yes. I didn't bother too. But I know the place frank & sons is legit and there are sellers there who do sell AF15s but not recently. I asked some of them over the weekend and they didn't recognize this book... so I passed on the bids

I live in Downey CA. I asked him if I could see the book in person he said yes. I didn't bother too. But I know the place frank & sons is legit and there are sellers there who do sell AF15s but not recently. I asked some of them over the weekend and they didn't recognize this book... so I passed on the bids

I guess he's banking on the restoration not being able to be detected. With all the sideline money from the financial markets finding a home in key comic books, he may get lucky. Whoever bought this book is basically getting a coverless, restored AF15 for $7,700.

I guess he's banking on the restoration not being able to be detected. With all the sideline money from the financial markets finding a home in key comic books, he may get lucky. Whoever bought this book is basically getting a coverless, restored AF15 for $7,700.

....and that will get you into this Club :boo:

Ouch... I feel really sorry for the poor guy who ended up with this lemon. BUT... I'm glad to see that this book has finally been cracked out of a CGC case. There's at least one old thread from someone who ended up buying this hot potato in the past and a few others when its surfaced for sale still slabbed (say that 5 times fast).

That being said, how long before we've got a new board member complaining about getting screwed on a raw AF15 that he bought on eBay only to find out it has a reproduction cover? :insane:

Ouch... I feel really sorry for the poor guy who ended up with this lemon. BUT... I'm glad to see that this book has finally been cracked out of a CGC case. There's at least one old thread from someone who ended up buying this hot potato in the past and a few others when its surfaced for sale still slabbed (say that 5 times fast).

That being said, how long before we've got a new board member complaining about getting screwed on a raw AF15 that he bought on eBay only to find out it has a reproduction cover? :insane:

I'm sure we'll see it again.