• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Yeah... I've seen that one too. Gorgeous artwork by the King no less! I do believe that would make the owner the President Emeritus.

And yeah, makemeanofferandwin is definitely a sketchy seller. I talked to him during my hunt, and he gave me a bad vibe from the onset. :eek:

Yep, I actually bought something from makemeanofferandwin before coming to the boards. A low-grade Avengers 4. Had it advertised as a mid-grade resto-free copy. It ended up being 2.0 tops with obvious resto. Definitely avoid the seller!

IMHO, Amazing Fantasy #15 is the only time the Kirby got Spider-Man right. He just couldn't seem to draw him correctly.

IMHO, Amazing Fantasy #15 is the only time the Kirby got Spider-Man right. He just couldn't seem to draw him correctly.

It has had 7 offers, I wonder if any of them were near asking? It is a pretty killer piece and probably worth the investment in the long run. I love how it is framed with Jack's signature visible.

Yep, I actually bought something from makemeanofferandwin before coming to the boards. A low-grade Avengers 4. Had it advertised as a mid-grade resto-free copy. It ended up being 2.0 tops with obvious resto. Definitely avoid the seller!

Another eBay seller I've yet to figure out is grassrootscomicsandcollectibles. A comic from him is like a bad Philip K. D i c k simulacrum...and I'm being charitable.

Another eBay seller I've yet to figure out is grassrootscomicsandcollectibles. A comic from him is like a bad Philip K. D i c k simulacrum...and I'm being charitable.

Agree 1000%! How that guy clawed his way up to 99% positive feedback selling xerox covers with random coverless pages inside...is a true mystery.

I'm unfamiliar with a new system that wouldn't note a detached cover on the label. Could you elaborate?

I'm unfamiliar with a new system that wouldn't note a detached cover on the label. Could you elaborate?

I think CGC said they would now only list major defects on labels. Certaintly a detached cover in my book is a major defect but for a book in the 1.8-2.0 range I think they are opting to not disclosing it on the label anymore because it fits the standard discription of a book in that grade level. I could be wrong but I thought there were some recent examples of this.

Seems too cheap? I wonder if the cover is detached but this is under the new label regime where it might not be noted?
really? I just picked up a cgc 3.5 with ow/w pages for $3450...this one, with inferior pages and $700 more seems too expensive (shrug)

detached covers are still noted on the label, on any grade (I have a 1.5 that notes detached cover)

Seems too cheap? I wonder if the cover is detached but this is under the new label regime where it might not be noted?
really? I just picked up a cgc 3.5 with ow/w pages for $3450...this one, with inferior pages and $700 more seems too expensive (shrug)

Wow!!! 3450.00??!! .Great pickup!!

(thumbs u Good news then! As that's about what I'm looking to spend...

(thumbs u Good news then! As that's about what I'm looking to spend...

Indeed...I'd go $3800 for this kind of book..very well done :applause: