• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy #15 Club

7,730 posts in this topic

Curse the man who invented the 3-hole punch!!! :makepoint:

The Edenwald 9.4 GLOD has surfaced on CLink...

Edenwald AF15

That may be the closest I ever come to crying when I look at a comic. What an absolute shame.

:cry:

:sorry:

That sucks. I can't help but wince! Why?! Oh Why!?

Somehow if it was a 6.0 or a 4.0 I wouldn't mind it, but a 9.4! Ouch!

1.0 to 2.0 for less than 3grand is ok. Will prices skyrocket for these grades after recession

I'm not so sure they ever will... last Comiclink auction (mid March 2009) showed a decline in lowgrade prices which "sunk" to 2007 levels.

CGC 3.5 VG- final price : $4,001

The other grading company 3.5 VG- final price : $3,225

CGC 3.0 GVG final price : $4,200

CGC 2.0 GD final price : $3,050

CGC 1.0 FR final price : $1,222

Prices have skyrocketed from late 2007 through to late 2008... prices will continue to grow for the higher grade books, but I think the prices on the lower grades have peaked.

1.0 to 2.0 for less than 3grand is ok. Will prices skyrocket for these grades after recession

I'm not so sure they ever will... last Comiclink auction (mid March 2009) showed a decline in lowgrade prices which "sunk" to 2007 levels.

Prices have skyrocketed from late 2007 through to late 2008... prices will continue to grow for the higher grade books, but I think the prices on the lower grades have peaked.

not too sure...the clink 8.0 ended at $66K last night...very weak and a HUGE decline compared to $80-85K reported sales in the last few months...

the 7.0 (one sold for $42K? recently) went for $32K...

seems even the "mid/high" grade are coming back down to reality (to some degree)

not too sure...the clink 8.0 ended at $66K last night...very weak and a HUGE decline compared to $80-85K reported sales in the last few months...

the 7.0 (one sold for $42K? recently) went for $32K...

seems even the "mid/high" grade are coming back down to reality (to some degree)

(thumbs u I never watch anything higher than a 6.0 so I'm sure I missed that lol

I also have 4 1st print turtles 1 7.5 white 7 white 7 c-offwhie 6 offwhite where do you guys rank this book in regards to other silver keys

I prefer turtles 1 to other silver keys b/c scarcity/popularity but I put my af15 a few notches above turtles

Yeah, but I think he was just looking to compare the worth of the biggest CA book of all (which it is :makepoint: ) to SA Marvel keys in general.

I guess I was thrown off by the "other keys", which implies that TMNT is one of them. Were it only written once, I'd have ignored it, but it was said twice, so I thought I'd bring it up. Removing the "other" from both statements makes more sense.

In any case, I don't think we'll see another skyrocket in prices in the next few years in low grade AF15. Like others have said, prices soared in 2008; especially for low-grade copies. Recently, prices have begun to drop as all those who wanted to get one now have one. Since then prices have fallen and will likely continue to do so at least for a few months before leveling out. After that, it'll continue to increase in value, but this time along it's normal pattern of appreciation, which is much slower. Even if they announced details for another Spider-man movie sometime this year, I don't think we'd see another huge jump in prices anytime soon like we did in 2008.