• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

What did you use David?

It looks very different on the crest compared to the rest of the drawing. Very neat (thumbs u

Sketched with gel ink pen (no pencil), then scanned & a little Photobucket blending and editing on the critter's crest for effect. That's it.

Here are a several more ink drawings.

The first is an untitled dragon illustration (sketched back in April on the Morganville Vampire set)...

acdf877d-d99f-4881-8a4b-77d833d818e8_zpsa995673f.jpg

Next is Voila!

62b32d0a-817a-4302-affa-7e1c46dad650_zpsd7ccbf0b.jpg

Followed by a dark humored piece I did awhile back titled Humanitarian ...!

32d5beaa-92bc-47f1-bb2b-c18619c0ca9f_zps97b902d9.jpg

Finally, the oil painting You're Next! (program cover for the first FenCon, Dallas, 2004)...

FenconProgram1-A1.jpg

I can't recall whether I posted this before. hm If I did, it's been awhile. :sorry:

My apologies for any redundancy; hopefully these will all be new to some folks here. :wishluck:

Well, comicwhiz it looks like the Torontonians have taken over the thread. I do all my drawing while waiting in traffic.

For Boba-- Most people don't know that I draw. I actually lettered for DC, Image and Eclipse during the 1980s (or maybe it was the 1990s. It was a long time ago). I have seen print in comics more than 85 times. Nobody wants to publish me anymore. Times have changed.

:applause: I remember the drawing of a convention floor you did here awhile back. It was superb and I thought, I would like to color that, but then you did and I lost interest (:

Still gotta get this issue... love this cover ...

0985c04c-a8fa-42eb-b34d-3961d3ced099.jpg

:applause:

you even drew (if you are the artist) the bar code :grin:

Here's a Frankenstein replication I drew with pencil crayons years ago in high school. (The assignment was to recreate someone else's art or a photo with pencil crayons and I choose this piece - which I cut out of a Wizard magazine) I really wish I could remember who the original artist was but it was 17 years ago so please forgive me!

1936268_226192630061_6409139_n.jpg

Thanks guys. I wish I had kept at it. At one point I was aspiring to be a comic artist but my interests eventually changed...what can you do though - that's life! =) Here's another one, just a random sketch. I was really into The Crow back then so def inspired by that.

230584_10150582034570062_5396315_n.jpg

Well, comicwhiz it looks like the Torontonians have taken over the thread. I do all my drawing while waiting in traffic.

For Boba-- Most people don't know that I draw. I actually lettered for DC, Image and Eclipse during the 1980s (or maybe it was the 1990s. It was a long time ago). I have seen print in comics more than 85 times. Nobody wants to publish me anymore. Times have changed.

I hear ya Ron. I too am a relic.

This page was done in 1981 for Warren's Eerie a year before Dark Crystal's striders.

8e18b67d-e762-4b92-bdde-1eec535a850c_zps184d4ae2.jpg

I hear ya Ron. I too am a relic.

This page was done in 1981 for Warren's Eerie a year before Dark Crystal's striders.

Eerie121pg22_zps990a97fc.jpg

Nice work.