• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

Well, comicwhiz it looks like the Torontonians have taken over the thread. I do all my drawing while waiting in traffic.

For Boba-- Most people don't know that I draw. I actually lettered for DC, Image and Eclipse during the 1980s (or maybe it was the 1990s. It was a long time ago). I have seen print in comics more than 85 times. Nobody wants to publish me anymore. Times have changed.

I hear ya Ron. I too am a relic.

This page was done in 1981 for Warren's Eerie a year before Dark Crystal's striders.

Eerie121pg22_zps990a97fc.jpg

Nice work.

Thought these were giant extracted teeth at first glance! :eek: Agreed, nice work!

What's everyone's view of this.

SSS6Art_zps4e35a8cc.jpg

Very cool! What media is that? Paint? Marker? Pencil? Really unique!

Acrylics and Inks on heavy duty art paper. Just about to get it mounted and framed.

If Wood inked it, it would look just like Wood. As is, it's a nice copy.

Well, comicwhiz it looks like the Torontonians have taken over the thread. I do all my drawing while waiting in traffic.

For Boba-- Most people don't know that I draw. I actually lettered for DC, Image and Eclipse during the 1980s (or maybe it was the 1990s. It was a long time ago). I have seen print in comics more than 85 times. Nobody wants to publish me anymore. Times have changed.

I hear ya Ron. I too am a relic.

This page was done in 1981 for Warren's Eerie a year before Dark Crystal's striders.

Eerie121pg22_zps990a97fc.jpg

Nice work.

Thought these were giant extracted teeth at first glance! :eek: Agreed, nice work!

Those are striking images. Did you do work for Warren. I visited the offices and met Bill Dubay, delivering a friend's work about that time. I remember going to a panel which was kind of dull and one of the panel members said, "Let's forget the topic and tell Jim Warren stories". T.Casey Brennan told me that he was the greatest comic publisher of them all. I never met the man.

I am reading the Vampirella compilations now; I am on the third and all the Spanish and Filipino artists have come in. If I discount all the stories about his eccentricities I think it would have been nice to work for him. He allowed experimentation and while the story was introduced by a stock character it was often about any horror topic that interested the writer.

Do you continue to draw? The work you posted is exquisite.

Those are striking images. Did you do work for Warren. I visited the offices and met Bill Dubay, delivering a friend's work about that time. I remember going to a panel which was kind of dull and one of the panel members said, "Let's forget the topic and tell Jim Warren stories". T.Casey Brennan told me that he was the greatest comic publisher of them all. I never met the man.

I am reading the Vampirella compilations now; I am on the third and all the Spanish and Filipino artists have come in. If I discount all the stories about his eccentricities I think it would have been nice to work for him. He allowed experimentation and while the story was introduced by a stock character it was often about any horror topic that interested the writer.

Do you continue to draw? The work you posted is exquisite.

When I was there, I recall there being some turmoil - I think Dubay had left, don't recall why. I was doing stuff for Heavy Metal and I had sold a story idea to Archie Goodwin at Marvel for Epic (unfortunately I never completed it, as I moved to LA to work on a movie) and a guy by the name of Chris Adams was running the place for Jim at the time. I will attest to the fact that we had a lot of freedom, basically I "created" the story based on an outline Chris and I drafted in his office, I went home drew like mad and returned with finished pages that were then lettered with a story Chris wrote. It was very weird. I think had I continued to work for them, it would have eventually evolved into something a little more conventional, but who knows.

I wasn't really built for doing comic pages, and I ended up rushing the final installments of the story and wasn't very happy with the work I did later on. The best pages were the ones I did for the first issue my work appeared (Eerie #121) but many of them were lost years ago, but I have a lot of the ones I didn't finish and I am actually re-working (finishing) them when time permits. I have no plans to return to comics right now, since I make too decent a salary in advertising. Maybe someday though. Thanks for the compliment on the work. :foryou:

It's great to see every ones work. :applause:

I have been sidetracked by home improvement repairs for a few months and haven't even sat at my drawing table :(

Some stuff I just did for school recently. A zBrush digital character sculpt. I have struggled with this program for a while now, but this is a good start on moving forward. I need to go back and fix a few anatomical issues in the upper legs/forearms, and a final detail pass on the body to tie it together a bit better. The hands and eyes also need finishing. Then on to baking maps to a low poly game version, painting, and posing him for final renders.

I have obviously deviated slightly from original design. Partly on time constraints, and just not wanting to overscope myself again in this program.

Concept turnaround:

LWMPFJzh.jpg

GFCrMsbh.png

DtAyv67h.png

oHK4ytrh.png

8bHI0xzh.png

8anKU8Zh.png

I had forgotten about this thread. There is some really great artwork from board members here. Looking through this thread again has inspired me to do a little drawing over the holiday weekend.

I'd re-quote every artwork that I found jaw dropping but that would pretty much be the whole thread. Some really cool stuff with varied styles. Truly inspiring.

We should have an art contest on this forum! Get a one page -script and lets see how individuals would draw it.

My teenage daughter made me a new avatar. She draws cartoons, and one is about a useless robot who only wants to read comic books all day. It's called "The Kang Machine". She says It's based on me. I like it.

eb41691f-b1ec-41f1-a135-725b7867b152_zps189662ed.png

That's neat, I'm always amazed at how many kids were influenced by the Anime/Manga explosion from a decade or so ago.

Yeah, me too. Thanks Hado,

Edited by Scturo