• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,098 posts in this topic

On 10/24/2021 at 6:55 AM, rdz30606 said:

I am desperately trying to urge him to try his hand at selling his work.

What do you think?

I think his cover looks great.  I think he could sell those. 

I'm looking for those but I need them on metal sign material, I need some specific covers, and I need them in a remote location. 

I'm going to have a local sign painter take a shot at it but if your brother were in my town he'd be the man for this job. That painting is cool.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:55 AM, rdz30606 said:

hello all,

check out this piece my bro has done:

image.png.2c12fdea14179c875575c0524798411a.png

Basically as you can see he is re-creating comic covers -  I've included a copy of Iron Fist #8 for size comparison purposes - on canvas; drawing them freehand on to the canvas before colouring with a variety of different paints / painting styles.  My favourite part of the re-creation is the first and the "pseudo-Kirby crackle" around it :) 

I am desperately trying to urge him to try his hand at selling his work.

What do you think?

Thanks,

Raj

It might lead to frustration.  People just dont buy art from unknowns no matter how good it is.  My city is full of galleries with second saturday art walk-no one ever buys they just drink the free wine.