• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
13 13

5,100 posts in this topic

Why Thank you. :cloud9:

Comic Characters for me are very hard,I am into portraits really.Here's one of my favorites.

46171_1582815489347_1204518994_1656373_6614274_n.jpg

I sepia toned it to look old.

All of Oakman's are exceptional but this is your best as far as I'm concerned. Virtually looks like a photograph. The balance is just right and your pencils stayed fluid throughout. Magnificent!

Practice,practice,practice. :pullhair:

The truth. It's actually much harder for kids today. There are so many distractions. I don't want to sound like an old man, but back in the 70's I drew all the time. Of course there were no video games, PC's, Facebook, movies on demand, Cartoon Networks, etc.

All of Oakman's are exceptional but this is your best as far as I'm concerned. Virtually looks like a photograph. The balance is just right and your pencils stayed fluid throughout. Magnificent!

Thank you,coming from you that means alot.Your stuff is so great. (worship)

OK, I should put my 2 recent in here. (They're in their own threads right now.) We do have some great talent here on the Boards!

DSC00311.jpg

I'm lovin' your stuff brother. (worship)

This piece reminds me of Bernie Wrightson,and that's not a terrible artist to be compared to.

Comic Characters for me are very hard,I am into portraits really.Here's one of my favorites.

I really like that one too. It even looks like he has movie makeup on

art8.jpg[/img]

I like the layout. Intriguing. No idea who the character is though. lol

It looks like Orko.

I think your right..What cartoon was he on?

He-Man, wasn't it?

Great color BTW. Something I never quite got the hang of, except in my oil paintings.

Edited by Sulphur Server

I've been working on this Capt. America on my breaks. I thought it might be a good idea to take a pic with my cell phone before I either screw it up or grow tired of it. I think I might need to fix the shield. Too many stripes, I think. I might change his facial expression too. If I finish it, I'll scan it and clean up some of the pencil marks [on photoshop] that wouldn't completely erase. Hope you guys like. I've been feeling pretty inspired lately, thanks in large part to you all :applause:

BreaktimeCap.jpg

I've been working on this Capt. America on my breaks. I thought it might be a good idea to take a pic with my cell phone before I either screw it up or grow tired of it. I think I might need to fix the shield. Too many stripes, I think. I might change his facial expression too. If I finish it, I'll scan it and clean up some of the pencil marks [on photoshop] that wouldn't completely erase. Hope you guys like. I've been feeling pretty inspired lately, thanks in large part to you all :applause:

BreaktimeCap.jpg

Awesome! :applause:

There's some talent in this board. Nice stuff.

I will say that I absolutely do not consider myself an artist by any means. While digging through some old boxes this week, I found some stuff that hasn't seen the light of day in decades. At one point in my highschool days, I had some minor asperations of being an sketch artist of some type. My dad thought it was a waste of time and never supported me on it (like a lot of things the a-hole never supported me on). Anyway, I think the Reggie sketch was the absolute last drawing I ever did. Graduated HS one year later and left home for the USMC shortly after.

baddate_sm.jpg

landscape_sm.jpg

lucy_sm.jpg

prowl_sm.jpg

shotdown_sm.jpg

reggie_sm.jpg

vampi_sm.jpg

The below is some unfinished stuff. I have no idea what I was originally intending to draw.

unfinished_sm.jpg

sleep_sm.jpg

Edited by Brian48

:bump:

This is basically the culmination of a few years spent painting bugs. I sold most of them, but this one was a wedding present for my brother and his wife.

Oil on panel 14"x14"

5259412708_e30b87d9ba_b.jpg

Your shading is incredible,beautiful! (worship)

:bump:

This is basically the culmination of a few years spent painting bugs. I sold most of them, but this one was a wedding present for my brother and his wife.

Oil on panel 14"x14"

5259412708_e30b87d9ba_b.jpg

Wow! I'm very impressed with the detail!

Dave...as I'm sure you are aware...I am a sporadic cruiser here on the boards so I've just stumbled upon this...but I gotta tell you man...that is some BEAUTIFUL work! Dude...I might even trade you a keeper book for that one...

Seriously Bra...very impressive...you inspire me...since I don't draw/paint much anymore gotta go write something... :headbang:

Edited by trmoore54