• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Batman movie

214 posts in this topic

I don't think anyone can reprise his role as the Joker.

I was thinking about that on the way home from the theater, and the only name that came to mind was Johnny Depp. I wonder what he'd do with the role.

Did anyone else think the begining was great and sucked you in.

For Christopher Nolan's 3rd Batman franchise film, I guess they will introduce another female lead: Catwoman or Talia (daughter of the Demon Ra's Al Ghul). :wishluck:

Wrong, they will introduce Batman's greatest enemy...Robin.

:roflmao:

I was thinking about that on the way home from the theater, and the only name that came to mind was Johnny Depp. I wonder what he'd do with the role.

My guess is that Johnny Depp would overact it. By the third Pirates movie I was getting tired of his Sparrow routine. The first film was it was great, the second it was losing its lustre, and in the third one it was too much. I can only tolerate him in small doses now. lol

The funny thing is, after seeing Christian Bale in American Psycho I actually think he could pull off a great joker as well. However, who would fill his signature role as Batman? Right now he is by far the best Dark Knight yet. Hopefully by the time they bring the Joker back in a future sequel we have a new talent that can match what Heath did in this one.

My guess is that Johnny Depp would overact it. By the third Pirates movie I was getting tired of his Sparrow routine. The first film was it was great, the second it was losing its lustre, and in the third one it was too much. I can only tolerate him in small doses now. lol

The funny thing is, after seeing Christian Bale in American Psycho I actually think he could pull off a great joker as well. However, who would fill his signature role as Batman? Right now he is by far the best Dark Knight yet. Hopefully by the time they bring the Joker back in a future sequel we have a new talent that can match what Heath did in this one.

I'm sorry but Johnny is the bomb...he is pretty much untouchable.

The fact that you got tired of sparrow had nothing to do with Depp's acting...it was just human nature on your part. The guy is a master.

Period.

R.

Saw it tonight not a Batman fan but man was it great flick. I couldnt bring myself to go to the bathroom .. the suffering was worth it also...

The fact that you got tired of sparrow had nothing to do with Depp's acting...it was just human nature on your part. The guy is a master.

Period.

R.

/agreed

Yeah, no one is irreplaceable in the business.

Saw the movie yesterday night, enjoyed it a lot.

My only problem with this Batman and all the other Batman movies is the Batman mask...I-just-hate-it! It annoys me everything his face is on screen...

I can understand the armor-like suit, but for the mask they should have stick to something more traditionnal...with long pointy ears.

Alex Ross life size "wax" bust of Batman (see the "Mythology" book) is the ultimate Batman head IMHO.

Did anyone else think the begining was great and sucked you in.

For Christopher Nolan's 3rd Batman franchise film, I guess they will introduce another female lead: Catwoman or Talia (daughter of the Demon Ra's Al Ghul). :wishluck:

Wrong, they will introduce Batman's greatest enemy...Robin.

:roflmao:

I think Commissioner Gordon and Barbara Gordon's son will grow up to be the next Robin in the Dark Knight movie #4.

the theater i was in actually erupted into applause when that pencil scene happened

same for me...odd!

Our theater responce was the same here! (thumbs u

I think it was the 1st real dialogue scene where we got to really "see" this version of the Joker. Granted, the bank scene was earlier, but the pencil scene was more "intimate" IMO... besides, it was funny, unexpected, brutal and spot-on for the character! A truly BRAVURA performance! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I also liked how he was constantly licking his chops like a rabid dog, or perhaps like he had a need to constantly feel his mouth scars from the inside... :eek::sick:

Saw it tonight not a Batman fan but man was it great flick. I couldnt bring myself to go to the bathroom .. the suffering was worth it also...

Period.

R.

/agreed

To each their own, I guess. Depp's acting is hit and miss just like anyone else in whatever they do.

He also would not look like the Joker to me physically. Ledger was the perfect height (same as Bale) and body type (lean and muscular) to play the Joker. Basically, he looked like the Joker in the comic. Depp is smaller and built a bit stockier so he would be a bit off as far as I am concerned. If I were going to cast him as a Batman villain, I would put him as the Riddler based on his appearance in Hush. A little smaller, eccentric, but intelligent. Sounds a lot like his take on Sparrow, doesn't it?

the theater i was in actually erupted into applause when that pencil scene happened

same for me...odd!

Our theater responce was the same here! (thumbs u

I think it was the 1st real dialogue scene where we got to really "see" this version of the Joker. Granted, the bank scene was earlier, but the pencil scene was more "intimate" IMO... besides, it was funny, unexpected, brutal and spot-on for the character! A truly BRAVURA performance! :applause: :applause: :applause:

I also liked how he was constantly licking his chops like a rabid dog, or perhaps like he had a need to constantly feel his mouth scars from the inside... :eek::sick:

Even my wife laughed at that! It was sadistically funny.

SPOILER ALERT!

I found the movie to be poorly executed during several scenes which seemed to be incomplete. The easiest example is the scene in which the Joker is pursuing Harvey Dent. For the big "action scene" that it was suppose to be it was rather dull and even at one point seemed to have been just dumped into the editing room and the soundtrack and foley artists completely forgotten.

Ironman was about the same length and was much easier to endure than this movie. This movie was far too long and could have easily had 30-45 minutes cut from it specifically scenes involving Rachel and the "fund raiser" scene for Harvey Dent.

Heath was fine as the Joker as I like that the Joker was truly a sociopath rather than some joke cracking doofus like Nicholson or Romero.

I still have the same complaint about Christian Bale. I think he is fine for Batman, looks wise, but he has a horrible lisp that is really difficult to get past especially when he uses the dumb voice while in costume. I really wish they wouldn't have him use a different voice while in costume.

The "Bat Bike" is a waste of a prop as they seemed to have a hard time really portraying any true speed with the thing and it just looks clunky and awkward.

Overall the movie was fine and admittingly it was slightly difficult to get it out of my head everytime I saw Heath that he's now dead.

on a five point scale I'm looking at a 3 for this one but I'm sure fanboys everywhere are going to wet their pants over it just like they did the first one. (I'd give the first one a 3 and a half)

Picky - picky ! ....Always the critique , Buffy ................... :baiting:

I don't think I'm being picky. The movie wasn't horrible. I just don't think that it's "masterful" like the geeky fanboys will believe it is. It has a lot going for it but much of the movie outside of Heath's performance is easily forgettable. The nerd-boys will cry into the night that this is the Godfather 2 of superhero movies though.

I know you. Your still picky......... :P

I saw it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it's better than "Batman Begins" which is rare for a sequel. There have been so many spot on comments so I won't get into them again.

I'm thankful that we've had some great superhero movies this summer. My friend asked me if I liked "Dark Knight" better than "Iron Man" and I said like them about even. They are two different styles but I liked how both were approached. In Ron Man, I was focused on Robert Downey/Iron Man, this one I was focused more on the Joker and the story.

The 3rd Batman movie will be the tough one. We were talking last night and wondering what villain(s) will be in it. Tough call on how to fit in Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin or Poison Ivy. (Those were the 4 we came up with.) I will say that the franchise will probably run into the downward cycle if they get someone else to play the Joker. There will be too many comparisons to Ledger.

I saw it friday afternoon, and it sucked!!! i mean, who wants to watch some middle aged guy dress up in a bat costume and go out at night (and sometimes during the day) with very expensive gadgets and beat the out of someone who looks like a clown and likes to kill a lot of people. I mean, BORING, right? Geez i dont know what these people who wrote and directed this thing were thinking, and to have a guy with a face with one side being normal and the other all burnt to a horrible crisp.

And if you cant tell im joking, your dumb.

It f-ing rocked!