• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: the VH1 Rock Honors - The Who

47 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan, but they simply CRUSHED it on the two Quadrophenia tunes...energetic, passionate, inspired, and clearly loud as mess! And Eddie Vedder proved again that he's got one of the greatest voices in Rock...when he's not using it to brood or preach, that is. Loved it!

The Who themselves, by contrast, seemed lethargic and bored. Perhaps the latest feud between Townshend and Daltrey had something to do with it...dunno. And Daltrey's voice is pretty much shot these days. Still, anytime you see stuff like that on mainstream music TV, it gives me hope that Real Rock and Roll ain't quite dead yet, and that lots of us out there (of all ages) still care...

The Who themselves, by contrast, seemed lethargic and bored. Perhaps the latest feud between Townshend and Daltrey had something to do with it...dunno. And Daltrey's voice is pretty much shot these days.

You should hope you die before you get old.

:angel:

The Who themselves, by contrast, seemed lethargic and bored. Perhaps the latest feud between Townshend and Daltrey had something to do with it...dunno. And Daltrey's voice is pretty much shot these days.

You should hope you die before you get old.

:angel:

Too late...

Rogers voice is bad, I will give you that. And this spat has me concerned. They have announced only a handful of dates. They have been so close since John died. I am concerned. This may be it for them.

Now, the rock honors, the Poo Biters were great as much as it pains me to say it. Eddie and the boys nailed it, they are the reason that there is hope in rock.

I finally had a chance to watch this after recording it on Thursday night. What a great show. Pearl Jam's performance of Love Reign O'er Me was one of the greatest single live performances I have ever seen. I can't believe how Eddie Vedder can still wail at 43 years of age, after so many years of doing it. He is simply a rock god. The rest of the show was amazing as well. Loved it! :cloud9:

Yeah, I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan, but they simply CRUSHED it on the two Quadrophenia tunes...energetic, passionate, inspired, and clearly loud as mess! And Eddie Vedder proved again that he's got one of the greatest voices in Rock...when he's not using it to brood or preach, that is. Loved it!

The Who themselves, by contrast, seemed lethargic and bored. Perhaps the latest feud between Townshend and Daltrey had something to do with it...dunno. And Daltrey's voice is pretty much shot these days. Still, anytime you see stuff like that on mainstream music TV, it gives me hope that Real Rock and Roll ain't quite dead yet, and that lots of us out there (of all ages) still care...

I absolutely loved this show. Talked to my mom on the phone and she did as well. We both agreed, as has been stated here, that Roger's voice was not not good. We also both agreed that Pearl Jam killed it (and she hates Pearl Jam.)

The Flaming Lips weren't horrible either, although I'm still not a huge fan of theirs. (I did like that one song years ago that got kinda big but the name eludes me.)

Hopefully rock will come back in a big way sometime.

I was REALLY hoping Noel would take the stage with them again. I saw a couple shows where he played with them and it was cool. Oasis and Noel as a solo artists have had a lot of influence on me over the years. Love them too.

The program made me think of the Cincinatti show where the kids died. I was at that show. Didn't even know about it til I got home to some very worried people.

Loved the Who then, love em now.