• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Ladies:

Regarding the Superman One-Shots:

Please add JSA Kingdom Come Special: Superman 1

Please delete Superman: Peace on Earth 1 -- turns out to be a Treasury-sized comic and therefore unslabbable (is that a word?).

Thank You both!

This appears to have been skipped, as set adjustment requests made previous to this one have already been done. Thanks.

I will get this changed, when items are requested to be removed I typically wait a week or so in case there is any discussions to take place.

Thanks,

Nicole

Ladies:

Regarding the Superman One-Shots:

Please add JSA Kingdom Come Special: Superman 1

Please delete Superman: Peace on Earth 1 -- turns out to be a Treasury-sized comic and therefore unslabbable (is that a word?).

Thank You both!

This appears to have been skipped, as set adjustment requests made previous to this one have already been done. Thanks.

I will get this changed, when items are requested to be removed I typically wait a week or so in case there is any discussions to take place.

Thanks,

Nicole

I didn't know that! Thank you.

RE: JSA Kingdom Come Special: Superman 1 in the Superman One-Shots set

"Your submission of comic with Certification #1168550003 to the Comic Registry was rejected by an administrator.

Below is the reason they provided for rejecting your comic:

The copy you are attempting to put in this slot is the variant cover. Your request on the chat boards was for the original cover, would this still make it a one-shot? Please post the request for the variant cover on the boards to make sure no one is opposed to having it in there."

Regarding the above, I didn't actually request any particular cover, but rather assumed you guys would create a slot which would include both the main and variant covers -- there are many entries in the registry where first eds, collector's eds., etc. all appear under one heading (the Superman 1987 set is a good example). That's what I want here. They score exactly the same.

If this can't be done, then OK to adding a slot for variant cover.

And, the fact that there is an alternate cover doesn't change the fact that it is a one-shot.

Thanks!

"Your submission of comic with Certification #1168550003 to the Comic Registry was rejected by an administrator.

The copy you are attempting to put in this slot is the variant cover. Your request on the chat boards was for the original cover, would this still make it a one-shot? Please post the request for the variant cover on the boards to make sure no one is opposed to having it in there."

Regarding the above, I didn't actually request any particular cover, but rather assumed you guys would create a slot which would include both the main and variant covers -- there are many entries in the registry where first eds, collector's eds., etc. all appear under one heading (the Superman 1987 set is a good example). That's what I want here. They score exactly the same.

And, the fact that there is an alternate cover doesn't change the fact that it is a one-shot.

Thanks!

A lot of times lists are given to me and I follow those lists. Sometimes incorrect information/books will appear on those lists either because of a mis-type, something I may not know, or something the collector may not know, and sometimes books that don't belong are on there and some that do belong are on there. Yes, research is done before creating the lists but I rely heavily on the collectors (you guys!) to give me the information, so I can spend my time creating sets, inputting data, scoring books, instead of researching the set/list ect (THANK YOU!). There are sometimes websites that are useful and creates lists, but nothing in my database that gives me or creates a list of just "Super-Man One-Shots" or J. Scott Campbell Covers... therefore I have the collectors provide me with this information, as most of you already have the books and lists. I definitely go off of facts and I saw that your original request on the chat boards above was for Superman: JSA Kingdom Come Special: Superman 1. I looked in the Set and there are no other books with variants (if there are any to those other books) are listed in there. So, by simply posting the information on the boards allows others inputs and more information.

You are correct, that this book still will be a one –shot.. but a lot of time I rely heavily on collectors for the information, as there are so many books out there!!!!!

I do not want or even try to argue if some books belong, but rely on this community and chat board to work together so we can create a collecting atmosphere that we are all working in the right direction. Any and all cooperation is very helpful on my end to help me get through everyone's request via e-mail, chat board, PM, failed ads, ect.

In the end I am not trying to make it difficult for you, but just make sure that things are done correctly.

Thanks Everyone!

Hi Nicole!

I have a few changes for the SIenkiewicz set.

New Mutants Forever #2 and #3 need to be added since there are Sienk covers of those issues.

New Mutants Forever #5 needs to be REMOVED from the set. Not a Sienk cover at all. My mistake. Sorry. :(

Halloween #1 needs to be added. It has multiple covers, but one is a Sienk cover. Below is a pic of the one CGC copy I've seen of the Sienk cover.

Sorry for the mistakes and additions. I know this set has become a bear to deal with, with so many issues that he did covers for, some of which are just very obscure.

image_zps48161342.jpg

Thanks!

A lot of times lists are given to me and I follow those lists. Sometimes incorrect information/books will appear on those lists either because of a mis-type, something I may not know, or something the collector may not know, and sometimes books that don't belong are on there and some that do belong are on there. Yes, research is done before creating the lists but I rely heavily on the collectors (you guys!) to give me the information, so I can spend my time creating sets, inputting data, scoring books, instead of researching the set/list ect (THANK YOU!). There are sometimes websites that are useful and creates lists, but nothing in my database that gives me or creates a list of just "Super-Man One-Shots" or J. Scott Campbell Covers... therefore I have the collectors provide me with this information, as most of you already have the books and lists. I definitely go off of facts and I saw that your original request on the chat boards above was for Superman: JSA Kingdom Come Special: Superman 1. I looked in the Set and there are no other books with variants (if there are any to those other books) are listed in there. So, by simply posting the information on the boards allows others inputs and more information.

You are correct, that this book still will be a one –shot.. but a lot of time I rely heavily on collectors for the information, as there are so many books out there!!!!!

I do not want or even try to argue if some books belong, but rely on this community and chat board to work together so we can create a collecting atmosphere that we are all working in the right direction. Any and all cooperation is very helpful on my end to help me get through everyone's request via e-mail, chat board, PM, failed ads, ect.

In the end I am not trying to make it difficult for you, but just make sure that things are done correctly.

Thanks Everyone!

I'll try to be clearer in the future about my requests. Thanks for the help.

Hi, Nicole!

I know I sure appreciate all of your hard work for us! I know you rely on us to do the legwork on lists and to be as accurate as possible so you can focus on your end. While I strive to be correct on everything I request from you, I am human, and a mistake here or there is bound to be made.

One thing I know I'm not mistaken about though, is that you ROCK!!!! :)

And now that the sucking up part is done... lol

Heeeeeeres more Sienkiewicz additions! Just get to them when you can. No rush. I hate requesting over and over, but I've added some resources to my investigative researching and the result is more unusual and obscure covers. I have verified these covers and know for sure that they are his.

Ten Grand - #1 Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

Ten Grand - #2 Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #1

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #2

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #3

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #4 (flip cover. His is on one side)

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #5

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #6

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #7

Blackest Night: Batman #1 Variant Cover

Blackest Night: Batman #2 Variant Cover

Blackest Night: Batman #3 Variant Cover

DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel #1

DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel #2

DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel #3

Johnny Quest #11 (from Comico comics)

Judge Dredd: City of the Damned GN

The Power of Iron Man GN. (Reprint of the 80s alcoholic issues)

Spectacular Spider-Man #226

Spectacular Spider-Man #227

Spectacular Spider-Man #228

X-Force Vol 3 #10 variant cover

Thanks again Nicole for everything!

Hi, Nicole!

I know I sure appreciate all of your hard work for us! I know you rely on us to do the legwork on lists and to be as accurate as possible so you can focus on your end. While I strive to be correct on everything I request from you, I am human, and a mistake here or there is bound to be made.

One thing I know I'm not mistaken about though, is that you ROCK!!!! :)

And now that the sucking up part is done... lol

Heeeeeeres more Sienkiewicz additions! Just get to them when you can. No rush. I hate requesting over and over, but I've added some resources to my investigative researching and the result is more unusual and obscure covers. I have verified these covers and know for sure that they are his.

Ten Grand - #1 Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

Ten Grand - #2 Sienkiewicz Variant Cover

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #1

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #2

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #3

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #4 (flip cover. His is on one side)

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #5

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #6

Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe #7

Blackest Night: Batman #1 Variant Cover

Blackest Night: Batman #2 Variant Cover

Blackest Night: Batman #3 Variant Cover

DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel #1

DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel #2

DC Science Fiction Graphic Novel #3

Johnny Quest #11 (from Comico comics)

Judge Dredd: City of the Damned GN

The Power of Iron Man GN. (Reprint of the 80s alcoholic issues)

Spectacular Spider-Man #226

Spectacular Spider-Man #227

Spectacular Spider-Man #228

X-Force Vol 3 #10 variant cover

Thanks again Nicole for everything!

As long as you all know that I ROCK : )

I just noticed that two magazines have been added to the DC Bronze Age First Issues set... In the Days of The Mob #1 and Spirit World #1.

If magazines are now being permitted into this set, please add Amazing World of DC Comics #1. Otherwise, I see no point in having some DC #1 magazines and not all.

Also, I see Atari Force #1, dated January 1984, was added to this set. Am I correct in remembering that bronze age runs from 1971 to 1983? If so, shouldn't that comic be removed from the set?

Thank you.

Hi there!

There is a new Tick comic add to "The Tick" set that is :

TickFreeComicBookDay2013.jpg

I would like to see this comic deleted from the set please because it got nothing to do with the Tick first series regular set.

The other FCBD name "The Tick's Free Comic Book Day Special Edition 1" was a reprint of "The Tick Special Edition 1" so this one is ok to be there.

"The Tick nn Free Comic Book Day" is ALL new story that got nothing to do with the first Tick serie.

Thank you :)

Thanks for getting the Mind MGMT set added! Could you please add issues #17 and #18 to the list, as there are already graded copies for these issues. Also, I think it would be appropriate to add the following two books as well:

3 Story: Secret Files of the Giant Man (no #) - This is considered the 1st Mind MGMT story.

Mind MGMT: One for One - This is considered 2nd Print

I think there are some typos in the existing entries as well:

Mind MGMT 1 116598 - this is the variant, not sure what the 6 digit # stands for.

Mind MGMT 13 14 - this is issue 14, so 13 just needs to be removed.

Thanks!

The following comics are missing from "Avengers Volume 3". Can you please add them?

Avengers v3 #1 Sunburst Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #2 Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #12 Dynamic Forces Edition

Avengers v3 #12 Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #16 Variant Cover

And this one:

Title Avengers

Issue No. 0

Issue Date 1999

Year 1999

Publisher Marvel-Wizard Pub.

Hello Nicole,

can you please add the following to the Registry Set titled Purgatori (1996-2002) :

Purgatori #1 German Edition/Variant Cover (Cert# 1000590007)

Purgatori #2 German Edition/Variant Cover (Cert# 1000590004)

Purgatori #3 German Edition/Variant Cover (Cert# 1000590005)

Purgatori #4 German Edition/Variant Cover (Cert# 1000590006)

Can you also add the following to the Registry Set titled Lady Death (1994-2002) :

Vampirella/Lady Death #1 Limited Edition (Cert# 1094080007)

Thank you for your support.

Waylon