• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Hello Nicole,

can you please add the following books to these Registry Sets:

Bone# 13 1/2 Gold Edition (Cert#1133735015) to the Registry titled - Wizard 1/2 Issues

X-Men #25 Gold Edition (Cert#0970951001) to the Registry titled - X-Men: Fatal Attractions

Millennium Edition: Batman the Dark Knight Returns #1 (Cert#1126713002 - A trade paperback) to the Registry titled: Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1-#4

The Death of Superman Platinum Edition (Cert#0615981004 - also a Trade Paperback) to the registry titled - Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Thank you for your support.

Waylon

With all respect, I am very much opposed to adding trade paperbacks to sets as comics. I vote "no" to the addition of the Superman trade compilation to the Doomsday set, or to any trade compilations added to the sets.

All the comics collected in a given trade compilation are already in their respective sets (such as the Death of Superman trade), so it's also redundant.

In my opinion, placing the trade compilations in the comic registry sets should be avoided -- unless you create a set called "Batman Trade compilations" or "Superman Trade compilations" or something along those lines.

My opinion.

Can someone tell me why :

COMIC DETAILS

Comic Description: The Tick #nn Universal

Grade: 9.8

Page Quality: WHITE

Certification #: 0179488016 (Edit Comic)

Owner: MetalPSI

SET DETAILS

Sets Competing: Not competing in any sets

Date Added: 1/2/2014

Research: See CGC's Census Report for this Comic

Owner's Description

CGC 9.8 6/11

This was in the Tick set and was removed? Thanks

It was request here 2 pages back...

Hi there!

There is a new Tick comic add to "The Tick" set that is :

I would like to see this comic deleted from the set please because it got nothing to do with the Tick first series regular set.

The other FCBD name "The Tick's Free Comic Book Day Special Edition 1" was a reprint of "The Tick Special Edition 1" so this one is ok to be there.

"The Tick nn Free Comic Book Day" is ALL new story that got nothing to do with the first Tick serie.

Thank you \:\)

K well that complaint doesn't make much sense. It's a tick comic. Where would it belong then? Is there a Tick Vol. 2 set?

The following comics are missing from "Avengers Volume 3". Can you please add them?

Avengers v3 #1 Sunburst Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #2 Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #12 Dynamic Forces Edition

Avengers v3 #12 Variant Cover

Avengers v3 #16 Variant Cover

And this one:

Title Avengers

Issue No. 0

Issue Date 1999

Year 1999

Publisher Marvel-Wizard Pub.

The only one I see missing here is number 0 . . .

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=372

They should have separate entries, like for issue 77 in this set, or like the variants in this sets:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=755

Can we please have the variants have their own separate slots in this set?

:bump: on this request

The Registry is about the Death of Superman,,,the Trade is about the Death of Superman...what's the issue? (no pun intended)

Wouldn't be the first time a trade has been added as part of a "spin-off" Registry (e.g. Dark Horse Presents: Aliens has both the regular and platinum trade in it)

I'm not sure if you're a fan of TPBs or not, but when they (DC, Marvel, Etc..) start making them in variations (e.g. Platinum Editions) you should probably treat them as any other book.

....and to counter your point about them being redundant - well Spin-off Registry sets are already redundant because the main Registry sets already exist. Let me explain - why have a Batman Spin-off for #426-429 (A Death in the family) when a Batman Registry covering all issues already exists? If you don't have a problem with that then you should be embracing TPBs with open arms.

My opinion

and I vote "Yes We Can" xD

Fair points, but I still object for this primary reason (which some I admit may consider hair-splitting): trade compilations are not comics. Would you also be open to adding Roger Stern's novelization The Death and Life of Superman? It too is about the same subject matter. I would say neither novelizations nor trade paperback compilations belong in a registry of comics. I am an avid reader [esp. Walking Dead and Superman] of graphic novels and compilations and have nothing against them -- I own multiple bookshelves worth. My only real complaint is that a trade collection of individual comics is in itself not a comic, and therefore -- since it's not a comic book per se -- should not be in a comic book registry. So the "spin-off" sets argument really isn't relevant, since the spin-offs consist of specific individual comic books grouped in different logical ways, and doesn't really address the trade issue.

In the end, this isn't a world-breaking issue for me -- I just think we should limit a comic book registry to comic books and not include trade paperbacks OF comic books. Maybe I'm just a purist?

Plus, if it's added to the set, I'll have to get one!!

( :signofftopic: : Another thing, BTW, is that the Death of Superman set is already IMO a bloated monstrosity with (it seems) dozens and dozens of reprints cluttering things up. If anything, I'd like to see the set streamlined, not increased.) My last word, thanks!

How about adding price variants to the Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos set? (thumbs u

These are currently in there, but not separate. I will leave this post up here for a week to see if others agree if they should be separate. Please remind me if you don't see any changes/discussions.

:bump: ing this up! This set isn't uber popular so, discussion was,well, non-existent. I would like to see the price variants included in the set as seperate entries and assigned considerably more points that their regularly priced counterparts. :applause: They are hard to come by! (thumbs u

CGC doesn't grade Novels, but it does grade TPBs - So The Walkind Dead Compendium 1 TPB would be a "Yes" (if they were thin enough to encapsulate) and the Hardcover would be a "No". - I'm not arguing against your stance on what a TPB really is or what realm in falls in...it's kinda of a in-between thing or a purgatory...or better yet A "Daywalker".... Half comic half Novel. My point is this - CGC does not differentiate between comics and TPBs. They only differentiate between comics and magazines which is why there's a whole other route for grading mags. As far as CGC is concerned, they're just another book. I'm not a rabble rouser and I'm not trying to shake the hornets nest on anyone's registry sets...I'm just another CGC lemming trying to build a set with what's available. Don't fret about your already overpopulated set expanding...just buy my TPB :)

Can we get the following added please...

Green Hornet Now Comics 1998

? Where do you want this added?

Competive Sets maybe?

I am under the control panel and my Green Hornet comic doesn't fit under the following current sets you can choose:

Green Hornet Comics

Green Hornet (1967)

Green Hornet (2010)

When you add a new set there is a statment saying if you don't see your favorite set then request it. Click the link and it brings me here... I am a n00b so am I doing this wrong?

This is the Set Expansion thread, so it is books that need to be added to existing sets. For new sets, you will go to the chat board listed "Full Set Requests New Sets"

Thanks,

Nicole

Quick few questions. The books I requested were added to the Thanos Master Set. Thanks!

1) Do they eventually get placed on the list under chronological date of publication as with the rest of the set? The Life of Captain Marvel books started with #1 published 8/1985. Spidey Super Stories #39 was published Mar 1979 There are two books at the top of the list of the set that are already listed later on but couldn't enter the correct book. When I tried to enter those books on the set under their normal place, I got a weird admin message and then those two same issues appeared at the top of the list...something weird happened to the registry set. Also tried to enter the Tails of the Pet Avengers Variant #1 it wouldn't let me, but lets me enter it under the normal printing .

2) How long before the books are assigned point value for the sets?

Thanks for your time!

The list was posted based upon the list given to me.

They can not have points until they have been graded, if they are graded then they will go into my "failed adds" list and I will assign them points. So, until someone adds them to the registry those books will receive points.

Hopes this helps and answers your questions.

Nicole

How about adding price variants to the Sgt. Fury and His Howling Commandos set? (thumbs u

These are currently in there, but not separate. I will leave this post up here for a week to see if others agree if they should be separate. Please remind me if you don't see any changes/discussions.

:bump: ing this up! This set isn't uber popular so, discussion was,well, non-existent. I would like to see the price variants included in the set as seperate entries and assigned considerably more points that their regularly priced counterparts. :applause: They are hard to come by! (thumbs u

I will add this to the Next Set to be created. I am can not promise point changes, but will look into it when the set is being created.

The following comics are missing from "Avengers Volume 3". Can you please add them?

And this one:

Title Avengers

Issue No. 0

Issue Date 1999

Year 1999

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=372

They should have separate entries, like for issue 77 in this set, or like the variants in this sets:

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/SetScoreDetail.aspx?SetTypeID=755

This is going to be added to the Next Set List. It is going to take time to re-create this set.

Hello,

Hope you are all having a great start to your spring and enjoying the warmer weather (finally).

Could you please add to the...

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (IDW) Set

the following variant:

Issue # 3 ~ Dynamic Forces Edition

Thanks very much!

sig.jpg

I will add this to the Next Set to be created. I am can not promise point changes, but will look into it when the set is being created.

So, will it remain within the Sgt. Fury and HHC set or be a stand alone set? I would rather see it within the SF&HHC set. For example, you would see #134 and then below it would be a spot for #134 $.30 Price Variant. As far as the points go, a #134 will go for about $100 CGC 9.6 while I've seen the variants priced at $350 CGC 9.4. Considering this, I believe the points should be higher! :grin:

And this one:

Title Avengers

Issue No. 0

Issue Date 1999

Year 1999

This is going to be added to the Next Set List. It is going to take time to re-create this set.

(worship) Thank you!