• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

/\ You've been getting busy on that knightfall set, it's comin' together nicely.

Jerome

:gossip: I still have about 5 more on the way. This one took priority over the Superman run for some reason.

Hi, Gemma!

Could you please add Eclipse Graphic Album Series #15 th_EclipseGraphicAlbumSeries151987-11CGC96w.jpg

and Quack #1 th_Quack011976-10CGC98w2ndprint.jpg

to the Dave Stevens Set?

Thank you very much for all you do!

Cimm, love the Quack #1...if we add this one to the Dave Stevens Covers set we need to cut the "Covers" from the title. There are already a few books in the set that do not have DS covers so there is obviously some work that needs to be done with the set...remove the non-cover books or remove "Covers" from the name.

Oh, I totally agree, man... there are more than a couple that have no Stevens cover... that's ok with me, but it should have the "covers" removed from the set name.

Cover sets should be just that, if Dave Stevens didn't do it it should not be in the set.

And speaking of cover sets, could you add Superman/Batman #4 German Varient to the Micheal Turner Cover Set. And adjust the points for this one. There were only 500 made and I have never seen a high grade copy go for less than $300

Thanks Gemma you are outstanding !

Two questions for Gemma & fellow Boardies:

1) Am I missing why there is no slot for the Underdog #1 (Gold Key 3/75) in the "Gold Key One Shots 1962-1979" Set?

2) Could Jules Verne's Mysterious Isle (Dell 11/63-1/64) go into the "Movie Classics Dell" Set? Even though it is not technically labeled by CGC as a "Movie Classic?" If not where else could it find a home?

Best,

Eric

PS Edit: After looking at the census, I quite possibly see why Underdog #1 is not in the "Gold Key One Shots." There was a 23 issues for an Underdog series. MY BAD - FAULTY RESEARCH ON MY PART.

Still would like to know about the Mysterious Isle book though.

Hi Gemma,

Can you add this Batman 619 variant cover to the Batman Hush set:

Batman 619 Heroes Gatefold Variant:

487a6e1420d69_71565n.jpg

Thanks so much!

cheer_you.gif

Jerome

Please ignore the above request. It looks like I posted the wrong pic Gemma, my apologies.

There are two batman 619 variants. The one currently in the registry looks like this:

$(KGrHqUOKnQE1ReQM)fYBNWwzLJNvQ~~_35.GIF

The one I want to add looks like this:

9298_35.JPG

If you can add it, that would complete the set! Thank you! (worship)

Jerome

Cover sets should be just that, if Dave Stevens didn't do it it should not be in the set.

And speaking of cover sets, could you add Superman/Batman #4 German Varient to the Micheal Turner Cover Set. And adjust the points for this one. There were only 500 made and I have never seen a high grade copy go for less than $300

Agreed with ds cover set

Hello,

I had noticed the other day that Flash 217, 218, and 219 had been removed from the "Green Lantern (1960) #76-#89". I was directed to this thread. Just my 2 cents, but I liked these comics being part of the set. Of course, one could argue that the title of the set could be more descriptive with their inclusion. These Flash books kept with the theme of Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Neal Adams. I didn't have any of these Flash books in my set, yet. I vote (if there is such a thing here) that they be re-added. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks,

Mike

The titles of sets are not random.

When they say something specific then that's what they mean. People need to think if they are describing a character or the title of a published comic book series.

It's hard to get more specific than green lantern (issues) 76-89; thats what this set is called and the title indicates which books belong in it.

These sets are artificial constructs thus a large amount of flexibility exists, but people keep trying to alter the contents of sets with books that it should be pretty obvious have no place there.

By all means request a set called green lantern 76-89 and flash crossovers if you like, no problem with that.

• Administrator
Hi Gemma,

487a6e1420d69_71565n.jpg

Thanks so much!

cheer_you.gif

Jerome

Please ignore the above request. It looks like I posted the wrong pic Gemma, my apologies.

There are two batman 619 variants. The one currently in the registry looks like this:

9298_35.JPG

Jerome

It is not listed as a separate variant because the CGC label just notes 2 variants exist, so I can't create a separate slot.

• Administrator

Agreed with ds cover set

Can I have a list of the books that should not be included, please?

Hi Gemma,

487a6e1420d69_71565n.jpg

Thanks so much!

cheer_you.gif

Jerome

9298_35.JPG

Jerome

It is not listed as a separate variant because the CGC label just notes 2 variants exist, so I can't create a separate slot.

Oooh, okay no prob. Thank you for the info and your time Gemma!

Jerome

• Administrator
Could you add Nickel Comics to the Bulletman set?

Since they each have their own separate sets is it necessary to combine them? Should it be made into a new set for those who only collect one or the other?

2) Could Jules Verne's Mysterious Isle (Dell 11/63-1/64) go into the "Movie Classics Dell" Set? Even though it is not technically labeled by CGC as a "Movie Classic?" If not where else could it find a home?

Thank-you Gemma:) :foryou:

Hello,

I had noticed the other day that Flash 217, 218, and 219 had been removed from the "Green Lantern (1960) #76-#89". I was directed to this thread. Just my 2 cents, but I liked these comics being part of the set. Of course, one could argue that the title of the set could be more descriptive with their inclusion. These Flash books kept with the theme of Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Neal Adams. I didn't have any of these Flash books in my set, yet. I vote (if there is such a thing here) that they be re-added. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks,

Mike

The titles of sets are not random.

When they say something specific then that's what they mean. People need to think if they are describing a character or the title of a published comic book series.

It's hard to get more specific than green lantern (issues) 76-89; thats what this set is called and the title indicates which books belong in it.

These sets are artificial constructs thus a large amount of flexibility exists, but people keep trying to alter the contents of sets with books that it should be pretty obvious have no place there.

By all means request a set called green lantern 76-89 and flash crossovers if you like, no problem with that.

There are three other sets for the Green Lantern 1960 series. There is one for issues # 1 - 89, another for #90 - 200 and another of the complete set.

It is easy to see that this set was intended to be the short series by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. When the title got cancelled by DC the series continued in Flash 217, 218 & 219. For those collectors who are collecting just the Adams/O'Neil series this set needs to be updated to include the entire series.

And for those who only wants the Green Lantern title then the GL # 1 - 89 would stll work.

Gemma please expand the following sets:

Avengers: X-Sanction through issue 4, all variants and second prints (completes set)

Ultimate X-Men (2011) through issue 9

Thanks!

There are three other sets for the Green Lantern 1960 series. There is one for issues # 1 - 89, another for #90 - 200 and another of the complete set.

It is easy to see that this set was intended to be the short series by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. When the title got cancelled by DC the series continued in Flash 217, 218 & 219. For those collectors who are collecting just the Adams/O'Neil series this set needs to be updated to include the entire series.

And for those who only wants the Green Lantern title then the GL # 1 - 89 would stll work.

If an Adams/O'Neal registry set is made including the Flash issues, wouldn't 88 need to be eliminated since it's all reprints?