• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SET EXPANSION REQUESTS (existing sets only)

2,533 posts in this topic

Hi Gemma,

Appreciate if you could:

1. Add the 15-cent variants for issues no. 8, 11 and 12 to the Turok Son of Stone Dell/Gold Key set, and;

2. Add issues 86-88 to the Turok Son of Stone Whitman set (I already have a graded copy of issue #86 - CGC no. 186032004)

Thanks!

Hi Gemma! Can you please add the following, that are missing, to the X-Men One-Shots Set?

Second Coming: Prepare 1

X-Men: Second Coming 1

X-Men: Second Coming 1 Sketch Cover

X-Men: Second Coming 1 Variant Edition

X-Men: Second Coming 1 Second Printing

X-Men: Second Coming 1 Third Printing

X-Men: Second Coming 2

X-Men: Second Coming 2 Variant Edition

X-Men: The Return of Magik

Thanks so much!!

Hello,

I had noticed the other day that Flash 217, 218, and 219 had been removed from the "Green Lantern (1960) #76-#89". I was directed to this thread. Just my 2 cents, but I liked these comics being part of the set. Of course, one could argue that the title of the set could be more descriptive with their inclusion. These Flash books kept with the theme of Green Lantern/Green Arrow/Neal Adams. I didn't have any of these Flash books in my set, yet. I vote (if there is such a thing here) that they be re-added. Again, just my opinion.

Thanks,

Mike

The titles of sets are not random.

When they say something specific then that's what they mean. People need to think if they are describing a character or the title of a published comic book series.

It's hard to get more specific than green lantern (issues) 76-89; thats what this set is called and the title indicates which books belong in it.

These sets are artificial constructs thus a large amount of flexibility exists, but people keep trying to alter the contents of sets with books that it should be pretty obvious have no place there.

By all means request a set called green lantern 76-89 and flash crossovers if you like, no problem with that.

There are three other sets for the Green Lantern 1960 series. There is one for issues # 1 - 89, another for #90 - 200 and another of the complete set.

It is easy to see that this set was intended to be the short series by Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams. When the title got cancelled by DC the series continued in Flash 217, 218 & 219. For those collectors who are collecting just the Adams/O'Neil series this set needs to be updated to include the entire series.

And for those who only wants the Green Lantern title then the GL # 1 - 89 would stll work.

Oceanbert, I couldn't agree with you more. I think that's the whole reason the set was created in the first place; to highlight Adams/O'Neil.

Mike

Hi Gemma,

I was wondering if you could have a look at the Ultimate Spider-man set and either upgrade to include all published books or create a new 'All variants' set - I would prefer the former but I'll leave the decision to someone more qualified.

My reasons being that the second half of the set is fine, but the early part of the set would be much more collectable with all the reprints and variants included i.e the different covers to #2, the payless shoesource reprint and the nigara falls variant/ reprint etc. Also the #1 German issue has always perplexed me, why is it included when the french, Italian and Mexican versions aren't? I personally would prefer that to be removed but if that's not popular then all the versions should be included or we might be seen to be pro-German and anti-the others!

thanks for your consideration, Phil :shy:

Gemma,

Would you please add the following Saga issues to the Registry?

1 RRP limited edition

Thanks!

Seth

Gemma, do you think you will have the Saga set up before the deadline?

Thanks!

Seth

Set: Young Avengers/Avengers: The Children's Crusade

This set appears to be missing a few issues / Variants

Young Avengers #1 Variant - Directors Cut

Young Avengers #1 Variant - Sketch Edition Wizard World LA Exclusive

Young Avengers #1 Variant - Marvel Legends Edition

Young Avengers #11

Young Avengers #12

Can you please add these...? Thanks,

• Administrator
Gemma,

Would you please add the following Saga issues to the Registry?

1 RRP limited edition

Thanks!

Seth

Gemma, do you think you will have the Saga set up before the deadline?

Thanks!

Seth

Not really, I currently have 11 pages of requests and this is towards the end, sorry...