• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got royally screwed by Silver Acre Comics!

226 posts in this topic

Hey Stuart, this was all many months ago, and did have a happy ending. I got a bargain on an extensively restored copy in an auction. The resto wasn't all that great, although CGC did designate it as professional, so I sent it off to Susan to work her magic. I'm looking forward to getting it back!

So... I just got screwed by Silver Acre as well, and more specifically by a fellow by the name of Darryl.

I ordered 100 Mylar bags (in 2 50x packages) from Silver Acre, and soon enough it was delivered to me. I was shocked when I opened the package, as one of them was UNSEALED. What's worse is, they weren't even Mylars, he sent some cheap stinking plastic bags and expected me to not notice the difference between that and mylars.

I contacted him and he requested for me to send the bags back for a refund. After waiting for 2 FREAKING MONTHS, there was no replies from him, so after chasing him, he replied that he did not receive the item (although the tracking number clearly stated that it arrived). So instead of receiving my refund, I wasted even more money packing and sending the item back to him.

If you are reading this, do yourself a favor and AVOID buying from Silver Acre at all costs.

Sorry this happened to you. But why on earth did you wait 2 months after the return?

Daryl has a long history of terrible behaviour and customer service, as evidenced by a number of threads on here.

We exchanged messages throughout that period, and now I realized that he was just trying to buy himself time, or probably hoping that I would forget about the issue.

Also, the lack of urgency and genuine concern for the customer is shocking for an online comic retail shop, I wonder if he even knows anything about customer service. Such a horrible experience.

Sorry this happened to you. But why on earth did you wait 2 months after the return?

Daryl has a long history of terrible behaviour and customer service, as evidenced by a number of threads on here.

We exchanged messages throughout that period, and now I realized that he was just trying to buy himself time, or probably hoping that I would forget about the issue.

Also, the lack of urgency and genuine concern for the customer is shocking for an online comic retail shop, I wonder if he even knows anything about customer service. Such a horrible experience.

There are some reputable dealers in the UK who sell the bags. i can send you some links if you want to PM me.

:sumo: SILVER ACRE MUST BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. :sumo:

Not sure if this helps threads come to the top of google but :wishluck:

Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre Silver Acre

I personally have no ax to grind here either way, but I can report some dealings with him.

I was sure I would not buy from this guy because of what I read here however....

He had a book I wanted and had been after for some years, a silver age Action. The book was sold as FINE and it was also described as having been previously owned by Brian Bolland with a COA so...I took a chance and bought it.

When it arrived it looked very promising until I opened it. The staples were badly rusted and had bled thru to nearly all the pages, and there was a coupon cut out. Naturally I was very disappointed. I got in touch straight away and explained this to Mr.Jones. He offered his apologies and took the book back. He refunded in full plus the return postage.

Although I was disappointed I did not lose out financially.

About a month later I saw three more books in the same era so I pulled the trigger. The books arrived and they were spot on in grading with no problems.

I would buy from the guy again cautiously. I am not disputing his dodgy history or siding with him in any way, I mention my experience in the interests of balance.

I am not disputing his dodgy history or siding with him in any way,
Except that you were fully aware of his history of ripping off people and couldn't resist that book he had.

I would buy from the guy again cautiously. I am not disputing his dodgy history or siding with him in any way, I mention my experience in the interests of balance.

Truly don't get it when I hear this stuff. ???

Why deal with a guy like this when there are any number of reputable dealers out there that don't come with this baggage? Why deal with anyone "cautiously" when you can deal with others, 99% worry free?

No offence, but I think you're missing the point. This isn't a question of balance. The issue isn't "If you buy from Silver Acre you will get scammed or have a problem every single time". Obviously, he is capable of completing a problem-free transaction, otherwise he wouldn't have been in business all these years.

The point is that he has a history of DELIBERATELY screwing people over and treating customers badly. Pulling out of accepted deals because there's a better one on the table, raising the prices of emails after people have tried to buy them because he's only just realised they are hot, becoming embroiled in fiascos involving stolen books, abusive behaviour in the face of customer issues... I'm forgetting some things, but there's plenty.

So: the point is that boardies should be encouraged not to send business his way. Not because they will have a bad time (although they might) but because the fewer dealers like him there are in the hobby, the better.

I am not disputing his dodgy history or siding with him in any way,
Except that you were fully aware of his history of ripping off people and couldn't resist that book he had.

I have to say you are correct. I was hoping maybe he had improved his ways due to the flak he has received here. I must say, this was not a high dollar transaction, less than a hundred bucks.

No offence, but I think you're missing the point. This isn't a question of balance. The issue isn't "If you buy from Silver Acre you will get scammed or have a problem every single time". Obviously, he is capable of completing a problem-free transaction, otherwise he wouldn't have been in business all these years.

The point is that he has a history of DELIBERATELY screwing people over and treating customers badly. Pulling out of accepted deals because there's a better one on the table, raising the prices of emails after people have tried to buy them because he's only just realised they are hot, becoming embroiled in fiascos involving stolen books, abusive behaviour in the face of customer issues... I'm forgetting some things, but there's plenty.

You're right of course. I took a chance and got lucky.

Well you could come to the London Comicon, buy real mylars from Hotflips who will be at the show and comics from me. Then you will be writing threads on how happy you were that you got real mylar and great comics.

:applause:

Well you could come to the London Comicon, buy real mylars from Hotflips who will be at the show and comics from me. Then you will be writing threads on how happy you were that you got real mylar and great comics.

I'm going to try my best to get there.

I'm going to try my best to get there.

You would be wise to buy from Bob. He's one of the good guys. (thumbs u