• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just got royally screwed by Silver Acre Comics!

226 posts in this topic

Sounds like I should have titled this thread "Anyone been royally screwed by Silver Acre Comics?" and posted it before I made him an offer. doh!

With his rapidly declining customer base he may be more willing to make a deal (and maybe even stick to it. :o )

Just reading my own post and thinking that I never make negative comments about anyone on these boards. I hate any kind of ganging up, whether deserved or not. I suppose what it boils down to is this. If any of us are wronged and the situation is not resolved, when we hear of a similar happening we get the urge to disclose our own similar experiences and grievances that have perhaps been bottled up for years, as a way of gettting them out of our system. Almost like a bit of group therapy!

Pizz off!

:baiting:

The old-school response would be to thank you for the slap in the face, in respect of my wishy-washy, mostly off-topic comments!

No excuses for what Silver Acre have done. But with all the Bat #1s around I believe Jeff will find a better copy before too long.

Just reading my own post and thinking that I never make negative comments about anyone on these boards. I hate any kind of ganging up, whether deserved or not. I suppose what it boils down to is this. If any of us are wronged and the situation is not resolved, when we hear of a similar happening we get the urge to disclose our own similar experiences and grievances that have perhaps been bottled up for years, as a way of gettting them out of our system. Almost like a bit of group therapy!

Pizz off!

The old-school response would be to thank you for the slap in the face, in respect of my wishy-washy, mostly off-topic comments!

No excuses for what Silver Acre have done. But with all the Bat #1s around I believe Jeff will find a better copy before too long.

Hey I hate ganging up too. Just funning with ya!

Pizz off!

Don't thank Roy for slapping people in the face, he might start slapping every body. He seems in a bit of a boisterous mood. :gossip:

It's entirely possible that the reason they wanted me to hold off on sending payment was because they were using my offer as leverage when negotiating with the "regular customer" that ended up buying the book.

I'd say it's more than possible, it's likely. If true you can add outright lying to their sins.

I'd say that's exactly what happened. I'll take my funnybook $$ elsewhere :sumo:

*Nail on Head* :mad:

any word from Silveracre? interesting as to what his reply might be? (shrug)

He was stood there, looking a bit hot and bothered, swigging from a large plastic water bottle and he shrugged and moved on to someone else who was waving books in his face.

lollollol

"What is forgiveness?

There's no one definition of forgiveness. But in general, forgiveness is a decision to let go of resentments and thoughts of revenge. Forgiveness is the act of untying yourself from thoughts and feelings that bind you to the offense committed against you. This can reduce the power these feelings otherwise have over you, so that you can live a freer and happier life in the present. Forgiveness can even lead to feelings of understanding, empathy and compassion for the one who hurt you."

:grin::baiting:

I would be none to pleased if this scenario happened to me. Hopefully Silveracre will get wind of this thread and apologize and hopefully see the light. The best dealers have honor and stand by there word, without this basic moral principle I don't think a long prosperous business career will be in the cards.

When I first started standing at shows - back when the B'ham mart was at Central Hall and that hotel before it - I remember some of the 'bigger' dealers going through all my boxes and picking large piles of stuff which they would ask me to 'put aside' for them until they had time to come back back and pay for them. Sometimes they'd 'forget' to come back and pick up the stuff.

When I started selling at a local show in Manhattan, a well known dealer looked at my inventory before a show (8:30) and asked that I put some books away for him. By 1:00 he hadn't come back and I didn't understand that I had to wait until the end of the show for him to come up with $300. Anyway, I sold a book or two that I was holding for him. When he finally retuned he was annoyed that I had sold one of his books. I didn't understand the protocol and maybe I should have? Maybe I should have tracked him down before I sold the books he had me put away? All I know is that I always came with money to a show in case something caught my eye. I never depended on someone to hold books for me. If they did that was great. If not, I always understood.

Jay

Jeff,

I've always believed that everything works out for the best. Perhaps you weren't destined to acquire this copy but you might be better off in the long run? (shrug)

Other copies will eventually hit the market as there appear to be plenty around. Maybe not now but soon. :wishluck:

The truly great thing about collecting is that an unexpected offering might hit the maket tomorrow and you're certainly in a cash position to take advantage of it. :acclaim:

AS for Darryl.. :devil:......He sold his soul to the Devil and I suspect he will be rewaded.

Jay

I'm quite pleased at this point that I didn't give Darryl a red cent. (thumbs u

I've been looking through several copies of Batman #1 in the Heritage archive, and keep coming back to the 7.5 MP copy that they sold just this last May. Wish I knew who won it, and whether they'd be willing to part with it. hm

I'm quite pleased at this point that I didn't give Darryl a red cent. (thumbs u

I've been looking through several copies of Batman #1 in the Heritage archive, and keep coming back to the 7.5 MP copy that they sold just this last May. Wish I knew who won it, and whether they'd be willing to part with it. hm

My only advice is to persue a copy but.........

Don't torture yourself too badly. Your opportunity will come in time.

Pizz off!

(tsk)

I'm thinking of something nasty to say to you in British!

:frustrated:

Depending on where the person is from, "I hear you're a United supporter" should do the trick.

Pizz off!

(tsk)

Depending on where the person is from, "I hear you're a United supporter" should do the trick.

Football insults don't work on me. :banana:

Pizz off!

(tsk)

Football insults don't work on me. :banana:

Your Avengers collection is daft, wanker.