• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DARK KNIGHT smashes its way into the top 50 (inflation adjusted)

105 posts in this topic

After its 4th weekend at #1, it's now in the Top 50 domestic box offices of all time, after adjusting for inflation.

Next target is Spiderman at #33, if it beats that mark, it will be the most financially successful superhero movie of all time.

It shall swell to beyond the size of the universe --- becoming like unto a god --- & it shall wield a mighty, cosmic dominion over the multiverse herself.

As a result, Christian Bale shall walk on all charges associated with beating-up his female family members.

It shall swell to beyond the size of the universe --- becoming like unto a god --- & it shall wield a mighty, cosmic dominion over the multiverse herself.

I heard that Tom Cruise has just switched to DarkKnightology.

It shall swell to beyond the size of the universe --- becoming like unto a god --- & it shall wield a mighty, cosmic dominion over the multiverse herself. As a result, Christian Bale shall walk on all charges associated with beating-up his female family members.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Except for some geeks "Who Cares"

Hmm, maybe you should check to see what site you are on again. No this is not a Laker fan site. This is a comic book site. So those some geeks happen to be most of the people here. Again remember where you are when you make asinine comments like this

I agree the Dark Knight is the number 2 movie of all time period, as of this writing.

While I agree that TDK is officially the second highest grossing movie of all time, it's popularity cannot be correctly measured by Gross box-office dollars.

Simply put (and i'm eyeballing these figures here for the purpose of making a simple example), Star Wars at about half the ticket price 30 years ago, put TWICE as many ticket purchasers in their seats as TDK.

Gone with the Wind probably required about 4 times as many folks to post it's $200m number.

That's why the inflation adjusted numbers are the REAL means of tracking a movies popularity, IMHO.... :foryou:

and, of course, these guesstimates only take domestic popularity into account... :grin:

Unless you hold a financial stake in the movie, why would you care how much money it made?

Caring whether it's a good movie with quality talent behind it, sure, but just BO take? :screwy:

1. It drives the development and release of more comic movies

2. It breathes much needed life into the Batman franchise

3. I can stop hearing Parker talk about the Spiderman movies and how much they grossed

Unless you hold a financial stake in the movie, why would you care how much money it made?

Caring whether it's a good movie with quality talent behind it, sure, but just BO take? :screwy:

1. It drives the development and release of more comic movies

2. It breathes much needed life into the Batman franchise

3. I can stop hearing Parker talk about the Spiderman movies and how much they grossed

:golfclap: