• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Want Fries With That?

1,987 posts in this topic

Originally Posted By: nik
I'm 47, and I think I will keep my shirt on eek.gif

\(thumbs u At that age, Spider-man body paint is the only way to go!

lolI'll skip on the paint

We have:

DC collectors vs. Marvel Collectors

SA collectors vs GA collectors

HG collectors vs Any Grade collectors

Slab collectors vs Raw collectors

People selling/trading for the pure enjoyment vs Sellers squeezing whatever they can

Overgraders vs Undergraders

Honest people vs Dishonest people

Pro-pressing vs Anti-pressing

and so on......

Point is stick to whatever and however you collect and don't

dwell about the other side of the fence. Enjoy what and how you collect and don't worry about Joe Schmoe from the other side, this is not a matter of life and death.

Funny how some people act like it's stupid for people to pay multiples of guide just because a book is high grade, but have no problem asking for (and taking) that stupid money when they are selling.

Collectors person_without_enough_empathy about things that don't conform to what they think *their* hobby should be, until it benefits them. Then they change their minds to suit their current situation. This happens in all hobbys, so it's just natural.

Originally Posted By: buttock
But how can you be certain that this occurred due to a "professional" pressing versus just being stuck in a mylar and stuffed tightly in a long-box for 3 years in someone's collection?

doh\!doh\!doh\!

You really need to take a few comics with serious NCB issues, stuff some in a box Mylar'd for 3 years and then send the others to Matt.

The differences will be obvious right away.

You can't "professionally press" a comic by stuffing it in a box or by stacking them in a pile. Whoever told you that is a maroon. lol

I forgot we have our resident expert in all things. Tell us, JC, how exactly did you acquire such knowledge? Was it through your vast experience with pressing and slabbing? Does it surprise you that pressure exerted by different means results in the same outcome? I'd be happy to design an experiment whereby rocks can be propelled at you through different methods and you can tell us whether or not the outcome is the same. I've seen multiple books that were stored in stacks for years with these same "tell-tale" findings (a HOM 179 and OAAW 239 come to mind, along with a bunch of Aquaman & GI Combat's I bought from an OO collection). I suppose I now have to reprimand the person who stacked them for profiteering?

I forgot we have our resident expert in all things. Tell us, JC, how exactly did you acquire such knowledge?

It's an interesting little thing called PHYSICS - I highly recommend it to everyone. (thumbs u

There is absolutely no way that any natural stacking/packing could ever equal a pro-pressed book, with heat, moisture and localized pressure. It's physically impossible, and most people understand that.

Otherwise, Matt could easily be replaced with a big stack of books.

It's an interesting little thing called PHYSICS - I highly recommend it to everyone.

Translation: "I don't have a clue." :roflmao:

I'd be happy to design an experiment whereby rocks can be propelled at you through different methods and you can tell us whether or not the outcome is the same.

What kind of rock? Granite, sandstone, limestone, basalt, chalk, slate, Heavy Metal rock, Soft Rock, Kid Rock, Chris Rock?

Originally Posted By: joe_collector
It's an interesting little thing called PHYSICS - I highly recommend it to everyone.

Translation: "I don't have a clue." roflmao.gif

I would say something witty here, but you're too easy a target.

Really, you have many more important things to do, like working on your quoting skills. poke2.gif

You realize it's the UBB board doing that, and I'm gonna continue quoting like this to highlight that it still hasn't been fixed.

You realize it's the UBB board doing that, and I'm gonna continue quoting like this to highlight that it still hasn't been fixed.

Do you have graemlins turned off/blocked on your preferences?

Nope, and it's not just me - there is an entire thread about it, and apparently they're looking for a UBB fix. :kidaround::angel::sorry::o

Try quoting this [font:Fixedsys]entire [/font]post to [font:Arial Black]see [/font]if it affects you.

And without switching the UBB to UBB+HTML

With the average IQ on here, I never assume a question is a joke. Been burned too many times.

I'm saw-we your wittle feelings have been hurt before, but now you must not be reading the posts thoroughly- I didn't post a question.