• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do You Want Fries With That?

1,987 posts in this topic

For some, that "part of it" is a portion of the "fun"... it's like foreplay. Improving your collection with desired books as a result of that work...the climax (that is hopefully) repeated many times.

I am selling my collection and leaving the hobby forever...........right after I take a shower.

Dibs on Fast Willie Jackson.

:takeit:

For some, that "part of it" is a portion of the "fun"... it's like foreplay. Improving your collection with desired books as a result of that work...the climax (that is hopefully) repeated many times.

I am selling my collection and leaving the hobby forever...........right after I take a shower.

:takeit:

Slow-Posting Napper

:censored:

:(

I'm going to start a network of non-flippers (NONF).

Good luck with that, as I doubt you'll find much of an audience within these money-hungry walls. :insane:

What's astrounding is that some here fail to understand -- or intentionally mischaracterize -- the crystal clear point I made about the unsavory nature of buying books to flip from the marketplace.

While, one may or may not agree that that is an appropriate forum to hunt for flip bait, it is a fair point to debate.

But no... some buttocks would rather completely mischaracterize what I plainly stated and paint me as some lunatic would doesn't think anyone should ever buy low and sell for a profit.

Is this how you debate a "fair point"?

Gordon Gekko wannabes like KOR rule, and silly idealistic fools like me sit on the side of the road left in the dust... serving only to pad KOR's bank account so he can buy the books he wants.

Or this?

f I want life lessons from a 20 year old internet trolling comic book "dealer," I'll call you.

Seriously, you're attacking KOR on a very personal level and for what, really? Because he flipped a book?

Before you go around crying about being "mis-characterized", why don't you consider the fact that you may be grossly mis-characterizing KOR, just because you don't share the exact same ideals for how the hobby should be?

Good luck with that, as I doubt you'll find much of an audience within these money-hungry walls. :insane:

What's astrounding is that some here fail to understand -- or intentionally mischaracterize -- the crystal clear point I made about the unsavory nature of buying books to flip from the marketplace.

While, one may or may not agree that that is an appropriate forum to hunt for flip bait, it is a fair point to debate.

But no... some buttocks would rather completely mischaracterize what I plainly stated and paint me as some lunatic would doesn't think anyone should ever buy low and sell for a profit.

No, you have done a fine job painting yourself as a lunatic. You are just back peddling now after your earlier posts were not recieved with much if any enthusiasm.

All this out of you is just ridiculous.

The biggest problem on these boards are not the "sharks", "pressers", and "flippers". Most of us on here still use courtesy, respect, and a little class around here. Even us propressing flippers. A bigger problem on here are a few people that apparently still need someone to hold thier hands when buying comic books. Someone to ask the big bad dealer if a book has been pressed. Someone tell the ever lurking flipper that you wanted that book. Grow up already. Maybe you should take advice from a 20 year old, internet trolling blah, blah, blah, He sure does seeem to cope in the this O so scary hobbie much better than you do.

The biggest problem here are a few who think they need to get on their soap box and spout their opinion. There is nothing wrong with that. The problem is the lack of respect they show for others that don't share the same opinion by resorting to trying to portray them as unethical, greedy, slimy or with out morals. That is where the real lack of courtesy, respect and class is.

You know, when Fay posted that Hulk for sale, If you (Zipper) had posted right behind him that you needed it or would have liked to gotten that for your run, I guarantee he would have passed it along to you.

The CFP at its best.

No, you have done a fine job painting yourself as a lunatic. You are just back peddling now after your earlier posts were not recieved with much if any enthusiasm.

The biggest problem on these boards are not the "sharks", "pressers", and "flippers". Most of us on here still use courtesy, respect, and a little class around here. Even us propressing flippers. A bigger problem on here are a few people that apparently still need someone to hold thier hands when buying comic books. Someone to ask the big bad dealer if a book has been pressed. Someone tell the ever lurking flipper that you wanted that book. Grow up already. Maybe you should take advice from a 20 year old, internet trolling blah, blah, blah, He sure does seeem to cope in the this O so scary hobbie much better than you do.

The biggest problem here are a few who think they need to get on their soap box and spout their opinion. There is nothing wrong with that. The problem is the lack of respect they show for others that don't share the same opinion by resorting to trying to portray them as unethical, greedy, slimy or with out morals. That is where the real lack of courtesy, respect and class is.

You know, when Fay posted that Hulk for sale, If you (Zipper) had posted right behind him that you needed it or would have liked to gotten that for your run, I guarantee he would have passed it along to you.

The CFP at its best.

I couldn't have said it any better even if I hadn't let this fun little guy :mad: out to play.

Is this how you debate a "fair point"?

Gordon Gekko wannabes like KOR rule, and silly idealistic fools like me sit on the side of the road left in the dust... serving only to pad KOR's bank account so he can buy the books he wants.

Or this?

f I want life lessons from a 20 year old internet trolling comic book "dealer," I'll call you.

Seriously, you're attacking KOR on a very personal level and for what, really? Because he flipped a book?

Before you go around crying about being "mis-characterized", why don't you consider the fact that you may be grossly mis-characterizing KOR, just because you don't share the exact same ideals for how the hobby should be?

Interesting Moralist this Zipper68, isn't he?

:roflmao: I guess I could have made that point another way

I wasn't even aware of these posts until a friend told me. I barely read the forums anymore, simply because I don't care. However, I'll respond to Fays piece of lovely handywork.

First, I don't know what her deal is, but she needs a major reality check. I paid the asking price. It doesn't matter what I choose to do with the book. I could toss it in a meat grinder if I wanted. You got your money, I got my book. If you didn't want to take the risk of the book selling to certain people, then DON'T LIST THE BOOK IN A PUBLIC SETTING. It seems moronic to even have to say this, but apparently not everyone is aware. If you are so unwilling to accept the the things that come with selling in a public forum, don't sell here.

And, another thing--is this industry a commune or something? :whatev: When I was in the market to buy Fay's Our Army at War #57, I even told her I'd pay more than she paid after she said she'd offer it at her cost. I don't mind giving people some profit. I flip books so that I can buy better books and art later on. I worked my way up to a mid grade Captain America #1 by flipping books.

If anyone here is against those "flipping" books, than you may as well never buy from any dealer again. You think Harley, or Dale or any dealer walk around the convention floor looking for books to hoard in long boxes at home? There is a major dealer who I sell to almost every single show, with the knowledge that he is going to resell. Do I care? Not at all. I give him the best price I can either way. How or why someone would have an anal evacuation over this concept, I don't know. If you don't like it, well that's just too bad. If you have a problem with it, I'll give you the Hulk #102 for DOUBLE STICKER PRICE. No offers accepted. Double sticker price. Inside joke :whistle:

(thumbs u

It's just seems to me that some arenas should be somewhat sheltered from flipping.
Why don't you set up one.

(worship)

No, you have done a fine job painting yourself as a lunatic. You are just back peddling now after your earlier posts were not recieved with much if any enthusiasm....

I don't know you any more than you know me.

All I know about you is you were a persistent dart thrower and needler whenever there was NOD or pressing disclosure thread.

I have never entered a negative post against you... yet you have done so against me numerous times simply because I support things like disclosure and promote the notion of collector to collectors sales in the marketplace.

I haven't back peddled on anything. From post one I criticized the practice of flipping books from the marketplace. Yes, I criticized KOR based on his actions which were not in dispute.

For the record, to contend that this hobby scares me is patently absurb.

So continue to mischaracterize my motives and carry on with the character assassination. The pom pom wavers must make you feel like a very big man.

Central Florida beat down my azz.