• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to Theo Holstein?
1 1

173 posts in this topic

Oh boy, I'm going to go out on a limb here. I was always the guy in high school who stood up against the bullies who picked on the snoids...

Yeah, Theo is alive and well. I see him from time to time at toy shows and flea markets. He is definately a unique guy. But this hobby has always been full of weird people and big egos. He has always been a little different. He has bought things from me and tried to sell them for an outrageous profit. (After grinding me down on price). I laugh at him and tell him he is crazy. He always wears a crazy sailor hat and I razz him for that. I say nothing here that I wouldn't say to his face. He is always very friendly and one of the most passionate collectors I know. We have both talked about coming over to see each other's collections but have had a hard time getting it together. (I hear that in addition to coin op machines, he has a knee dropping art collection)

I have heard a few stories about his dealings maybe true, maybe not. Coming on a public forum smearing somebody's reprutation without substantial facts to back it up is pretty cowardly and totaly with out merit in my opinion.

Is he crazy or eccentric? Sure, but aren't we all to the general public? No crime in that. How many of you have actually met or talked to him? I'm sure a few of you have and I know have their own opinions, many rightly so. He's not my best friend and I don't defend his actions either way. But I don't like the lynching mob mentality. You all have a right to your opinion and so do I. He has never burned me or misled me.

I have asked him why he doesn't come on the boards? This is a perfect example why. Can't say I blame him. Too bad, because he is a very passionate collector and been doing it a long time. I'm sure some of his experiences and stories would be wonderful to hear,,,

I hesitated coming on here myself for a long time. But I have found this community to be very warm, friendly and welcoming for the most part. As long as it stays this way, I will be here. When it gets ugly, I'm gone...

:applause:

Great post robot bob... I think the poster has run away

He's a , don't mess with the Robot Man, I've got a legion of tin friends that do my bidding!

:o(worship) (thumbs u Edited by woowoo

25033418-5adf-4cd0-8205-d4adfc9e5917_zpsa1e755c9.jpg

I love this. You have great taste in art.

:acclaim:

What did he paint on? Some kind of art board? Or is it canvas? The surface looks very smooth?

I hope you didn't buy it from Theo...

He didn't! lol

Canvas backed by board. The apparent smoothness is probably result of heavy gesso used to prep the canvas before oils were applied. In places the oil paint is actually quite thick (white streak on window).

Great post robot bob... I think the poster has run away

He's a , don't mess with the Robot Man, I've got a legion of tin friends that do my bidding!

:o(worship) (thumbs u

Mess with me and you get this guy's big brother...

robotbiggear_zpsfa59a716.jpg

<a  href=DANGERWILLROBINSONDANGER_zpsec4354c2.jpg

What did he paint on? Some kind of art board? Or is it canvas? The surface looks very smooth?

He didn't! lol

Canvas backed by board. The apparent smoothness is probably result of heavy gesso used to prep the canvas before oils were applied. In places the oil paint is actually quite thick (white streak on window).

Both sooo nice Cat! If they were both priced a dime and I only had one dime I think I've give a slight edge to the Schomburg.

He didn't! lol

Both sooo nice Cat! If they were both priced a dime and I only had one dime I think I've give a slight edge to the Schomburg.

Id say that for subject matter the Schomburg wins, for image quality it's a pick em but the Schomburg is not a published comic cover so the Rozen is worth more.

Great pieces Cat. Would I be correct in assuming the dozen cost a little more than the schommy?

I'll tell youse what happened to Theo..... he stole my wife.... the dirty nekkid bastiche :sumo: ...... best thing that ever happened to me. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I hesitated coming on here myself for a long time. But I have found this community to be very warm, friendly and welcoming for the most part. As long as it stays this way, I will be here. When it gets ugly, I'm gone...

You're rusty and your joints squeak! :baiting:

You're rusty and your joints squeak! :baiting:

And yo mamma has rusty staples...