• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's time for GPA to start reporting Comiclink Focused Auction results
1 1

217 posts in this topic

Can you pressent the proof That the CL sales prices are any more reliable than any auction site?

A reason ComicLink pending sales -- or any consignment site's sales when discovered via automated screen-scraping techniques -- would be less reliable than E-Bay actually just occurred to me. When you list something on E-Bay, it's for a limited time, and you pay money to do it. When you list something on a consignment site like ComicLink, it's free, and it could stay up there for months or years. If the seller already sold the book by the time it gets flagged as "Sale pending", or the seller just never responds to the buy request, there is no way that GPA would know that unless Josh told him. The odds of these non-sales happening would definitely be greater on ComicLink than on E-Bay due to the free, unlimited-time listings.

I listed a book on Pedigree about 3 years ago that just recently sold...I had forgotten I had even listed it. Heck, I had my old e-mail address registered with Pedigree for over a year of that time it was listed...I just updated it a few weeks ago. For all I know, the book also sold several times before with me failing to respond to it. meh

The question is, would you guys be happy that only some of CL's results are included (auction style) and not others (consignment style).

George.

Yes. The more results and data, the better.

Yes.

Just the auctions would be fine. (thumbs u

I was referring to eBay more so than any other auction house, or thingy etc

I understand (thumbs u

My thought is: If I want you to bid up books I offer in a CL auction, would anyone know that you are the shill? Who has access to the bidding info on CL that we can see on E-Bay?

My other question is:

Are you able to buy books on CL cheaper than on E-Bay (where we both agree shills work their magic)?

Edited by jkrk

To be honest, since GPA doesn't make the effort to monitor ComicLink's sales, they are not doing a full service, and therefore should have a hard time justifying their subscription rate.

I must have missed the part where GPA was holding a gun to peoples' heads to force them to subscribe to GPA.

There's full disclosure as to what GPA covers. They don't need to justify their subscription rate to anyone.

Thank you for response. Their auctions are vary valuable, hence their 200+K Amazing Fantasy #15 sale, twice !!!

Their auctions usually end at night, perfect for you Aussies. All you have to do is record them. They are there for a few days. You don't need their permission. And if you really wanted, you could make them give you results of previous auctions as well. State Law.

What is with the lack of reading comprehension? George said they're able to include CL auctions, and ready to, they just wanted to check whether people wanted that info.

A reason ComicLink pending sales -- or any consignment site's sales when discovered via automated screen-scraping techniques -- would be less reliable than E-Bay actually just occurred to me. When you list something on E-Bay, it's for a limited time, and you pay money to do it. When you list something on a consignment site like ComicLink, it's free, and it could stay up there for months or years. If the seller already sold the book by the time it gets flagged as "Sale pending", or the seller just never responds to the buy request, there is no way that GPA would know that unless Josh told him. The odds of these non-sales happening would definitely be greater on ComicLink than on E-Bay due to the free, unlimited-time listings.

This is what George has been trying to tell you several times in this thread now! :makepoint:

I like GPA too, but when they say they are... and they will.. when they don't.....well that's different.

Please show me where they've ever said that they include CL data, and then show me someone who subscribed on the basis of that false representation. (shrug)

This is what George has been trying to tell you several times in this thread now! :makepoint:

Sounds like C-link data shouldn't be included unless finalized reports are given to GPA..... which looks unlikely.

Edited by 360degrees

Ummm...no. Not once did he give a reason ComicLink pending sales are less reliable than E-Bay completed sales, which is what I was doing in my post.

Are you like a trial lawyer or something ? I guess it was implied , but yes you're right.

If it's OK with you, I'd like to kiss your , and hide my head in the sand.

No, I just wish you'd get off the rag, particularly in dealing with a class act like George.

Ummm...no. Not once did he give a reason ComicLink pending sales are less reliable than E-Bay completed sales, which is what I was doing in my post.

From George's email:

ebay auctions have an ending time - we only look at those that have ended, not all the pages of listings. But it's also to do with not knowing whether a [Comiclink] sale pending means the result is final or fell through.