• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #1 Club
3 3

453 posts in this topic

I sent a big colored picture of Spawn into Wizard hoping to get it published... I'm definitely not an artist tho. This was the best thing I'd ever drawn (especially with color!) I spent weeks and weeks on it and finally got up enough nerve to send it in. It was a tough decision b/c I knew I wouldn't get my drawing back, but I really thought it was going to get printed, so I decided that would be ok.

Of course, I did not get published... and did not get my picture back.

boo. I stopped drawing Spawn after that and started trying Battle Angel Alita. :)

Ok Schmakt, how does this sound, draw a nice picture of Spawn for the Spawn club that we can all put it in our sig. line?

AND you get the picture back. :applause:

Edited by thehumantorch

This thread is so much cooler than the AF #15 one. No one is offering to draw pictures over there. Maybe I will revoke my membership in that club to focus my efforts here.

Hey, how was the read along? I missed it, I was changing out the Mylars on all 134, 587 copies of Spawn #1 and couldn't make it.

Edited by Spider-Variant

Proof positive that Spawn #1 is almost as rare as AF15.

Yes, I realize that the board members will want to fit me for a straight-jacket.gif, but consider the true statistics.

The AF #15 thread has scans of 43 AF #15, and our own Spawn Club thread has only 6 scans of Spawn #1. The CGC population report has 1088 copies of AF #15 graded and 2227 copies of Spawn #1 graded. Judging by these statistics Spawn #1 is almost as rare as AF15. Numbers don't lie.

:makepoint:

I feel sorry for the smuck that got a lone 5.0 copy graded. What is that copy worth? Not that he wouldn't be welcome in this uba exclusive Spawn Club!

Proof positive that Spawn #1 is almost as rare as AF15.

Yes, I realize that the board members will want to fit me for a straight-jacket.gif, but consider the true statistics.

The AF #15 thread has scans of 43 AF #15, and our own Spawn Club thread has only 6 scans of Spawn #1. The CGC population report has 1088 copies of AF #15 graded and 2227 copies of Spawn #1 graded. Judging by these statistics Spawn #1 is almost as rare as AF15. Numbers don't lie.

:makepoint:

I feel sorry for the smuck that got a lone 5.0 copy graded. What is that copy worth? Not that he wouldn't be welcome in this uba exclusive Spawn Club!

I counted 23 copies showing of Spawn #1 in this thread.

1 - thehumantorch

1 - topofthetotem

1 - Whisp

16 - Pitboss

1 - Green

1 - Schmakt

1 - towards2112

1 - THE_BEYONDER

Edited by Whisp

Sorry Whisppie, went through all of Pitboss's posts, all I could find was 3 blank rectangles of his 'perhaps imaginary' copies of Spawn. Perhaps the old 'lots of Spawn copies' rant is some kind of urban myth.

lol

Even without Pitboss's imaginary books it would be 7.

:P

I would accertain that the miscount is due to looking at the cover of Spawn #1 to many times in one thread.

:)lol

Sorry Whisppie, went through all of Pitboss's posts, all I could find was 3 blank rectangles of his 'perhaps imaginary' copies of Spawn. Perhaps the old 'lots of Spawn copies' rant is some kind of urban myth.

lol

I would accertain that the miscount is due to looking at the cover of Spawn #1 to many times in one thread.

Regardless of the exact count, the number of AF15 in the AF club threat greatly out number the number of Spawn1 in this thread. Apparantly AF15 is very common and Spawn1 is much rarer than suspected. Man I love statistics.

lol

Regardless of the exact count, the number of AF15 in the AF club threat greatly out number the number of Spawn1 in this thread. Apparantly AF15 is very common and Spawn1 is much rarer than suspected. Man I love statistics.

doh!