• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: 200+ raw golden: Batman, Supes, horror, sci-fi - NOW 10% OFF

145 posts in this topic

This is a remarkable thread. :)

This is a sad thread IMO. And a response like this is rarely seen on the boards, at least not from this many people..

We as a community have a strong bond. We may not always agree all of the time but that's just part of what makes this a great place!

Quote from Dekeuk: "The truth is I would just rather sell them on ebay where people are less critical of grading than liquidate them on the boards."

Guess my offer for 2.0 books graded 4.0 wasn't up to "Ebay standards". lol!

Liquidate on the boards would suggest that Dekeuk can sell for more on Ebay. Glad I'm buying most of my stuff here.

I bought from you on ebay once. It was overgraded. You're a piece of mess for doing that intentionally.

Yes, this is obviously why I have a 6700+ feedback rating on ebay, based on over 30,000 sales transactions since 1997, and not one single negative comment ever posted about me that was in regard to grading issues.

Yeah, obviously I'm the worst ebay has ever seen :screwy:

that doesnt matter at all. What does matter is that you admitted to systematically over grading for profit. Over grading is one thing, it happens. Doing it for profit is disgusting, immoral and speaks volume as to your character imo.

No, I said this was "EBAY GRADING" on this list. We all know EBAY GRADING is less strict than CGC BOARD grading. It is a relative thing. That is why I stated it was "ebay grading", so there would be no confusion.

But that does not mean CGC and/or CGC BOARD grading is the only "correct" grading in this world. There is no such thing as "correct grading", even CGC is inconsistent with their grading at times.

I don't know how much more straight forward it can be. I said up front from the beginning the books on list list were graded according to ebay standards and I provided a photo of every book. If someone does not want to buy from a list that is using "ebay grading" and states up front that it is "ebay grading" then that is their choice. It's as free country.

But based on the tens of thousands of books I have sold on ebay without one single negative comment about my grading, it seems obvious there are plenty of people in this world that are perfectly happy buying from a list that has used ebay grading.

Why not just grade fairly regardless of the selling venue? Is that such a difficult concept for you to embrace?

Why not just grade fairly regardless of the selling venue? Is that such a difficult concept for you to embrace?

You really want to know why?

Because every time in the past I graded "fairly" on ebay (i.e. 100% accurate very strict grading according to CGC standards) all the bidders still assume you are overgrading, just like all the ebay sellers. And I end up getting half what the book is really worth. And that is a money losing proposition when I do both my buying (in bulk) and selling on ebay.

The only way a seller gets "fair selling prices" on ebay is to slightly overgrade just like all the other ebay sellers. Do anything else and you end up selling books for less than your cost of buying them, unless you bought them off the rack or paid some poor local shmuck in your hometown 10% of what they were worth.

People on these boards might not like that harsh reality, but those are the facts.

Because every time in the past I graded "fairly" on ebay (i.e. 100% accurate very strict grading according to CGC standards) all the bidders still assume you are overgrading, just like all the ebay sellers. And I end up getting half what the book is really worth. And that is a money losing proposition when I do both my buying (in bulk) and selling on ebay.

The only way a seller gets "fair selling prices" on ebay is to slightly overgrade just like all the other ebay sellers. Do anything else and you end up selling books for less than your cost of buying them, unless you bought them off the rack or paid some poor local shmuck in your hometown 10% of what they were worth.

People on these boards might not like that harsh reality, but those are the facts.

Huh? I still don't follow the logic - assuming there is any to follow.

Most of us understood this "reality" a long time ago. Yes, it pays to lie on ebay. However, many of us value our integrity more than the extra $ lying will get you on ebay.

However, I should note that sometimes the "undergrading" strategy has been shown to actually benefit the seller's pocketbook more than overgrading.

I can see the logic in that. I can also see the logic in the fact that sellers may price something new at cost and make up the difference in the shipping costs.

Everyone has made their point, and thats a good thing maybe now we should let it go. All this is doing is hurting the sellers below as these posts are continually pushing their threads off the front page. I aint sellin but I know what its like to sell and this really becomes an annoyance and hurts reputable sellers. Any-hoo sorry if I sound like a dork but thats my opinion!

set a reserve or start the bidding at the price you want.

There are other ways to make money on ebay selling comics. Just ask Robojo33 and Comic-keys. You might consider doing a little undisclosed trimming, color touch or photo shopping too. Those might help your bottom line as well.

There are other ways to make money on ebay selling comics. Just ask Robojo33 and Comic-keys. You might consider doing a little undisclosed trimming, color touch or photo shopping too. Those might help your bottom line as well.

:signfunny:

Your logic, is the same logic used when a kid wants to rationalize a misdeed, because EVERYONE is doing it...

I'm sorry, your facts are false, there are LOTS of Ebay sellers who are board members, or who are not, who are fair.

Take a step up, be the person who does the right thing, CHANGE the world...and if you can't be happy with what you get being honest, perhaps you should find a hobby that doesn't involve trading and selling. I understand you mentioned the grading here, so you are obviously not some terrible person, but it MUST (or should) bother you to use those other grades when you know you are wrong...

I know this is hard to realize, but money really is NOT everything. :makepoint:

Hobbies should make you feel happy, not have to explain away why you misrepresent something, when you obviously KNOW it's wrong.

That is an extremely short-sighted philosophy. I have sold 50,000 raw books on eBay in the past eleven years, and I try to, if anything, undergrade, plus I show giant scans. If you grade accurately, you will eventually get repeat buyers who love you, and who will buy all of your stuff. Go ahead and look at my feedback, and you'll see the same people buying my books all the time - that's because I have buyers who are comfortable with my books and my grading.

You'll sell all your books, yes, if you overgrade, but you'll never get repeat buyers, and that's the name of the game, as those repeat buyers drive up your price.

And if you're selling books for more than you bought them for, you're an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, and you shouldn't be doing this. If you can't find books, you're not working hard enough. Books are everywhere.