• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who on the boards owns a Batman #1?

54 posts in this topic

So you started this thread to hype a book that you're actively looking for? Interesting strategy hm

What would be interesting is for you to convert your Batman #1 funds into cash and take a nice scan of that wad.....maybe entice a seller or two while you're at it :D

So you started this thread to hype a book that you're actively looking for? Interesting strategy hm

What would be interesting is for you to convert your Batman #1 funds into cash and take a nice scan of that wad.....maybe entice a seller or two while you're at it :D

A picture with the 100's fanned out, on his knees, begging for a batman 1. Classic..

Money doesn't seem to help as much as you might think. :frustrated:

Look on the bright side. Batman 1 is a fairly common book and your money should be earning interest. So by the time another copy comes up that's right for you, you can use that interest to purchase a copy that's a half-grade higher than you were previously looking at.

Unless the wife gets the money and buys furniture...

As long as the Batman 1 isn't rising more than 2.5% per year, I am good....oh .

Batman #1 doesn't need any hype. The market for this book has been nutty for a few months now.

Will it get less nutty once Dark Knight has be relegated to DVD and the summer movie season is over?

Batman #1 doesn't need any hype. The market for this book has been nutty for a few months now.

Will it get less nutty once Dark Knight has be relegated to DVD and the summer movie season is over?

I think the economy is just as, if not more, responsible for the hike in prices than the success of "The Dark Knight". In a down market, tangible investments become more attractive. Batman #1 is a hot book for the same reason Amazing Fantasy #15 has jumped dramatically in the last few months. They're 2 examples of blue-chip stocks in the comics market.

Plus, they're cool.

I think the economy is just as, if not more, responsible for the hike in prices than the success of "The Dark Knight". In a down market, tangible investments become more attractive. Batman #1 is a hot book for the same reason Amazing Fantasy #15 has jumped dramatically in the last few months. They're 2 examples of blue-chip stocks in the comics market.

Plus, they're cool.

Hot and Cool...a nice combination!

Plus, they're cool.

my feeling is when the stock market and the financial markets , in general, rebound and offer a more "appealing ROI", we will see MANY copies of key books (AF15, Bat 1, etc) hit the market, and with increased supply, in theory, the prices should subside back down...

just my opinion

rick

Sorry Jeff, I have two. :devil: Got the PGX one from an ebay store almost two years ago. Got the second one on ebay also. Its one of the 'no dot' versions. Its extensively restored. Not sure if it would get a 'P' or an 'A',. but the job isnt that great. Hopefully its not trimmed, but I'm not 100% sure either way.

Batman1.jpg

Batman1nodot-1.jpg