• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

So, like I said before, I stopped reading somewhere in the early 30's. So the other night I decided to pick it back up again and give it another go.

I started with issue 28 (as I didn't remember where I left off and I wanted to remember what was going on and get a little momentum). Anyways, I'm now at 39 and can't wait to keep going!

It's a fun series. Some of Kirkmans dialogue is a a little wordy and strange at times but it's a cool breath of fresh air from a lot of the other stuff I'm reading.

I'll keep going...hopefully the rest of the series is great and I can add another title to the monthly pull list (thumbs u

I started on issue #1 around mid December and finished #108 yesterday. #109 can't come quick enough.

Hoping Angstrom is still alive. For me he is that arch nemesis that should battle Mark till the end of the series.

What's a #1 CGC 9.8 going for nowadays?

Also, are there any variants or anything for #1?

They seem to be going in the $300 to $350 range.

The book was originally published without any variants. Just the regular cover. (thumbs u

However, Larry's Comics put out a variant later. It was originally intended to be a giveaway at a con with Kirkman as the guest. However, a snow storm made the con a bust, and they ended up being sold threw his website. Since they came later, most people think of them as reprints.

Not what people usually mean by variant cover, but there is also a version from the country of Serbia (from 2004). It's a flip book with The Walking Dead. I love the cover of that book (source of my avatar). It's Cory Walker's original idea for the cover to Invincible #1.

SerbianInvincible_zpsa9445d0b.jpg

I read this book from the beginning but even though it's still on my pull list I stoped in the 70's somewhere. So instead of trying to dig up all of the issues from my organizational hell, I grabbed the first 6 trades to start all over again. That was Friday ..... I could not stop, went thru all six and I am wishing I had got the first 8. Invincible is just a great great comic book.

What's a #1 CGC 9.8 going for nowadays?

Also, are there any variants or anything for #1?

They don't come up a lot. I was watching for a copy a few months back and the few on eBay are a bit pricey. Last year I think only 2 or 3 sold on the boards in 9.8.

Larry's Comic Warehouse or whatever it is called has a variant that sells for A LOT less.

Just started reading this series last week and am about 20 issues in. Really love the artwork! Great series overall. Ryan Ottley's art is really bold which is right up my alley. I had to get this piece of OA which just came in :whee:

Invinciblex_zps5c1fb477.jpg