• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

18 years in the making - ASM collection finished today

91 posts in this topic

Congratulations on the completion of the ASM run! You're now exactly in the same position I am: I have every ASM issue except for Amazing Fantasy #15 and am hoping to obtain one in the next year or two. Good luck in obtaining yours. (thumbs u

Shark

Congratulations on the completion of the ASM run! You're now exactly in the same position I am: I have every ASM issue except for Amazing Fantasy #15 and am hoping to obtain one in the next year or two. Good luck in obtaining yours. (thumbs u

Shark

This is a sucky club to be in. :(

Do you have a complete collection of the german 'Die Spinne' comics as well?

no, and i will never go for it. i read them as a child, but i have no interest in collecting german comics. i like the originals much better. the german comics are reprints after all, and i hate reprints.

one funny note to my collecting story: i really have to thank a guy from school for bringing me back to comics. there were 5 years where i wasn't interested in comics anymore. then in 1990, when i was 15 years old, some guy from school had a copy from an ASM comic with him. to be honest, i actually didn' like this guy at all, he was an assh... but i asked him if i could have a look at it. he was very much into collection comics and told me much about their value and so on. he asked me if i would like to come to a comic shop with him after school. i said yes and we went to the shop and i fell in love with comics again. we have never really gotten friends but we spoke about comics from time to time. a few months later school was over and we went seperate ways. i met this guy 10 years later at a festival and asked him, if he still collects comics. he said no, he didn't even have any comics anymore. i was very suprised but that's life, some people lose their interest in some things when they grow up.

so, a big thanks to alex for reintroducing me to comics in 1990. i wouldn't have this great collection today without you. all the best to you, wherever you are. (worship)

one funny note to my collecting story: i really have to thank a guy from school for bringing me back to comics. there were 5 years where i wasn't interested in comics anymore. then in 1990, when i was 15 years old, some guy from school had a copy from an ASM comic with him. to be honest, i actually didn' like this guy at all, he was an assh... but i asked him if i could have a look at it. he was very much into collection comics and told me much about their value and so on. he asked me if i would like to come to a comic shop with him after school. i said yes and we went to the shop and i fell in love with comics again. we have never really gotten friends but we spoke about comics from time to time. a few months later school was over and we went seperate ways. i met this guy 10 years later at a festival and asked him, if he still collects comics. he said no, he didn't even have any comics anymore. i was very suprised but that's life, some people lose their interest in some things when they grow up.

so, a big thanks to alex for reintroducing me to comics in 1990. i wouldn't have this great collection today without you. all the best to you, wherever you are. (worship)

Can you post a group shot?

a group shot with more than 500 comics? i really would love to see this myself but i think i couldn't even get all the books on one picture. and to be honest it would be to much work to get them all out of the long boxes. but i can try to make a pic next week of the boxes with some books showing out.

a group shot with more than 500 comics? i really would love to see this myself but i think i couldn't even get all the books on one picture. and to be honest it would be to much work to get them all out of the long boxes. but i can try to make a pic next week of the boxes with some books showing out.

I was thinking maybe shots of some of the keys or first ten issues. (shrug)

Nothing beats the feeling of holding that AF #15 for the first time; for any true Spidey fan it is a moment of utter joy. My CGC 2.0 is perhaps the one comic I will never sell or trade. I love it so. You MUST go get one, damn the cost, it is the best investment you can make anyway.

Will everyone be this happy when I complete my 1930's run of Weird Tales? I figure I can pull it off in 3 to 5 years...they are so freaking hard to find!

I tried to set it up when I completed the run...but never got round to it.

So I would be very happy if you gave it a go :devil:

to make you interested here are previous group shots of

All Avengers

and here's a group shot of

All FFs

Go for it ! :baiting:

All Avengers

All FFs

That FF group shot would make a great desktop for my computer!!

All Avengers

All FFs

That FF group shot would make a great desktop for my computer!!

just tried it but the pixels are all wrong!

All Avengers

All FFs

what about your DD run :whistle:

All Avengers

All FFs

what about your DD run :whistle:

Tell you what..when I complete my DD run I'll make a picture out of it just like the FF and Avengers one...just don't feel like doing it with my ASM run...way too much work :whistle:

today is a good day.... no, it's a fantastic day. today i have finished my ASM collection which i started in the year 1990 with issue number 344. it was always a dream to have the complete series one day. but i thought it would always stay a dream. 18 years later, the dream has become reality. i received a DHL package today which contained issues 1-9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 20 & 32 to complete my run. i thoght the last issues would take forever to collect because they are the most expensive ones. but then i was offered a great deal and i couldn't refuse to let it pass.

so that's it, every issue beginning from number 1 until today is in my hands. i still think i'm dreaming...

of course, there still lurks a AF 15 somewhere for me.... hm

:applause::applause::applause:

i like hearing stuff like this :)

Ok, you inspired me, shall I start a run of ASM too!?? Help me out guys, should I start ASM, or X-Men or Hulk or FF?? I like all of them. Currently reading Punisher, Y the Last Man, and Fables.... so help me out!!! I own more spideys then anything.... but not a huge amount of keys, only the 129, 50, 300, 298, 121 and 122 that I can think of... let me know! PM me!!

he inspired me also to get going again. congratulations. what was your first ASM you can remember reading? mine was ASM 41 "The Horns Of The Rhino"