• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Season 3 Discussion Thread

61 posts in this topic

lol

Dancing Defeats Heroes

Today 1:55 PM PDT by Joal Ryan

Those poor superheroes. They never had a chance against Cloris Leachman.

On the first night of the fall TV season, Dancing With the Stars' two-hour season opener ruled with 21.1 million viewers, per Nielsen Media Research estimates.

Dancing's success helped defeat Heroes, which recorded its least-watched season premiere ever.

The NBC show, now three seasons old, averaged 9.9 million for back-to-back new episodes. Last year, the show started off with 17 million viewers, thanks in part to NBC's plumping up of the numbers with a special Saturday-night repeat.

Even if NBC hadn't cooked last year's numbers, last night's numbers wouldn't have looked great in comparison. Heroes' unaltered second-season premiere scored about 14 million viewers—about 30 percent more people than tuned in last night.

lol

Dancing Defeats Heroes

Today 1:55 PM PDT by Joal Ryan

Those poor superheroes. They never had a chance against Cloris Leachman.

On the first night of the fall TV season, Dancing With the Stars' two-hour season opener ruled with 21.1 million viewers, per Nielsen Media Research estimates.

Dancing's success helped defeat Heroes, which recorded its least-watched season premiere ever.

The NBC show, now three seasons old, averaged 9.9 million for back-to-back new episodes. Last year, the show started off with 17 million viewers, thanks in part to NBC's plumping up of the numbers with a special Saturday-night repeat.

Even if NBC hadn't cooked last year's numbers, last night's numbers wouldn't have looked great in comparison. Heroes' unaltered second-season premiere scored about 14 million viewers—about 30 percent more people than tuned in last night.

They need to get a better newer villian than Sylar, he is becoming boring.same with Peter Petrelli he should have died and not come back. They should also have much more of HRG, easily the most interesting character on Heroes.

The opening episodes were obviously amped. I liked the increased story telling pace, although in some spots they were sparse on the details. The "new" heroes look somewhat interesting although the escaped villians all look like the same coat of paint--hopefully character development will be in the works.

There were several things that I have concerns about. I don't want to keep track of different characters from different times. Because future Peter can hide his scar, it was almost futile to determine which Peter was which. Secondly, I'm tired of the whole future/past Hiro thing and Peter bringing back characters from the dead. It all adds to minimize the events that we are seeing, because they are always changing (and in some cases, reversing)...which in my mind decreases the overall enjoyment b/c they can do anything they want and then "fix" it (similar to a comic series reboot). I am not clear on some of the recycled character re-appearances...Niki and Mr. Lenderman.

So far, I'm excited for the new season despite my complaints and hope that they have a methodical forward-moving story line that doesn't feel like that they are just chaining random events only to change them again down the road.

:busy: Hiyo!

I have completely seen season one for Heroes and thought it was stupendous, but missed out on season two, because some reason, I do not know! I hoped that the Sci-Fi Channel would re-show the episodes for season two in a special like they did for season one, but did not or I missed the show-time schedule for season two of Heroes.

(tsk) ... Even though I doubt that!

I am so angry, that I did not see season two (... and I do not have money to buy DVD set) for Heroes, but I saw season one (I should be happy and count myself lucky!) and I am watching season three (Glad I got an extra VCR to tape TNT's Raising the Bar and Sci-Fi's Eureka)... but I have one question!

Season One: Save the cheerleader, save the world!

Season Two: ...?

Season Three: Save yourselves, save the world?

Anyone know what was the theme for Season Two?

Season Two was Generations, in that the sins of the parents were visited on the children.

All in all, I greatly enjoyed the season premiere of Heroes. I don't really watch too much tv, and it was great to see all those characters again.

Personal Notes (sorry if any of this has been previously discussed):

Where did Maya get all that money to buy those skimpy clothes?! She looked pretty good from what I saw. And her "english" is much improved.

Alot of the scenes with Suresh reminded me of the movie "The Fly", especially with him peeling what looked like a scale from his back. It'll be interesting to see where that goes. I am thinking that ultimately he in helping himself he will also help Maya with what she wants and maybe/maybe not have something to do with the "formula".

It looks pretty clear that Sylar will end up working for the company and will most likely be partnered with Noah to go on the hunt for the escaped villains. It should be a pretty interesting good cop - bad cop comraderie going on.

Hiro's destiny for the formula? It somehow seems to me that Claire will be the "light" for the darkness that arises somehow. Just with the reference to her being "special" and "different". It also looks like the 2 halves of the formula will are what will enable any individual to have an ability. Since, when in the wrong hands, would be quite destructive, and who's to say it isn't possible to give people multiple abilities that way. I hope we eventually get another confrontation with Future Peter and Hiro again. It'd be great to see how the "future" scar is made.

In regards to Nathan, I think that maybe Peter Petrelli has Linderman's powers somehow and inadvertantly used them on his brother. I couldn't explain Ali Larter's appearance or Lindermans though.

:sorry: Hiyo!

I get what your saying about the .... Heroes; Season Two: Generations, but what I mean was...

Season Three: Save yourselves, save the world!

What was the phase in season two.... since Hiro said in the premiere for season three of Heroes... he saved the world twice!

Season Two: (...?), save the world!

:sorry: Hiyo!

I get what your saying about the .... Heroes; Season Two: Generations, but what I mean was...

Season Three: Save yourselves, save the world!

What was the phase in season two.... since Hiro said in the premiere for season three of Heroes... he saved the world twice!

Season Two: (...?), save the world!

How about:

"Save yourself 13 hours of watching crud that looks to be ignored almost entirely in season 3"

Seriously, I LOVE Heroes, but season 2 was useless. I'm glad it seems to have been bypassed.

The Pre-Show hype celebration is the type of Hollywood stuff that turns me off. I really don't care about the actors themselves and watching them do this type of PR work, turns me off and takes me out of the moment. I just want to watch the shows if they can keep me interested...if not, I've got other things to do.

The Pre-Show hype celebration is the type of Hollywood stuff that turns me off. I really don't care about the actors themselves and watching them do this type of PR work, turns me off and takes me out of the moment. I just want to watch the shows if they can keep me interested...if not, I've got other things to do.

Two hours of Heroes was good enough for me; I skipped it so I could watch Terminator : Sara Conner Chronicles :)

This is kind of like asking how many bad days can Jack Bauer have?

He didn't have any last year... lol

The problem is that whenever someone else is having a bad day, they drag Jack into it. Poor guy :)

They need to get a better newer villian than Sylar, he is becoming boring.same with Peter Petrelli he should have died and not come back. They should also have much more of HRG, easily the most interesting character on Heroes.

I said the same thing about Voldemort after reading the 2nd Harry Potter book, but I thought that turned out great. I don't think Sylar is sinister enough, so I can see him getting a little boring after a while. I do like the other "Heroes" villians running around though. Something to do other than fighting amongst themselves and avoiding the company.

The opening episodes were obviously amped. I liked the increased story telling pace, although in some spots they were sparse on the details. The "new" heroes look somewhat interesting although the escaped villians all look like the same coat of paint--hopefully character development will be in the works.

There were several things that I have concerns about. I don't want to keep track of different characters from different times. Because future Peter can hide his scar, it was almost futile to determine which Peter was which. Secondly, I'm tired of the whole future/past Hiro thing and Peter bringing back characters from the dead. It all adds to minimize the events that we are seeing, because they are always changing (and in some cases, reversing)...which in my mind decreases the overall enjoyment b/c they can do anything they want and then "fix" it (similar to a comic series reboot). I am not clear on some of the recycled character re-appearances...Niki and Mr. Lenderman.

So far, I'm excited for the new season despite my complaints and hope that they have a methodical forward-moving story line that doesn't feel like that they are just chaining random events only to change them again down the road.

I've got to agree with Sterling here. This traveling through time to change things is getting a little old and can always be used over and over until they get it right. What we watch may very well become undone at some point in the future and that possibility does take away from my viewing pleasure. Actually, that's the only thing I don't like that comes to mind right now. Other than this, Season 3 has impressed me so far. I'm quite enjoying it.....I'm scratching my head sometimes, but still quite enjoying it. :applause:

Maya's English improved dramatically. Not sure about the romantic link to her and Mohinder. Perhaps she just gets hot for guys with their shirts off. (shrug) Suresh is just like Goldblum from The Fly. Sylar being Peter and Nathan's brother was a shock, but is probably not true.

I've got to say, though, that I am very interested in what's to come. I do enjoy this show. (thumbs u

Andy

So, how many people are really irritated by the convenience and implausibility of the speedy girl's powers?

OK, so she's fast. Straight away that raises the age old problem for any such character: If she can navigate that fast, then she must be thinking incredibly fast too. She should be capable of mighty feats of mental gymnastics.

How does she survive the acceleration and deceleration? OK, so that must be another of her powers. She must therefore be incredibly tough, not to mention having leg muscles that could launch her into orbit or kick Sylar through a steel door.

The power of her steps would of course be exploding tarmac, floorboards and concrete in her wake, creating multiple sonic booms and something a little more exciting than a few sheets of paper gusting about.

The above is bad enough - although a common problem in comics for any speedy character - but when she suddenly sprouts the ability to 'carry' two grown men with her? Huh? And these guys are similarly protected from the massive G forces involved?? What, is she projecting a protective stasis field around them or something?

It's sloppy that's what it is. Damn sloppy! :sumo:

Oh yeah, and now she runs faster than light and travels back in time. Slight question: How does travel back to the present day? doh!

/nitpick

So, how many people are really irritated by the convenience and implausibility of the speedy girl's powers?

OK, so she's fast. Straight away that raises the age old problem for any such character: If she can navigate that fast, then she must be thinking incredibly fast too. She should be capable of mighty feats of mental gymnastics.

How does she survive the acceleration and deceleration? OK, so that must be another of her powers. She must therefore be incredibly tough, not to mention having leg muscles that could launch her into orbit or kick Sylar through a steel door.

The power of her steps would of course be exploding tarmac, floorboards and concrete in her wake, creating multiple sonic booms and something a little more exciting than a few sheets of paper gusting about.

The above is bad enough - although a common problem in comics for any speedy character - but when she suddenly sprouts the ability to 'carry' two grown men with her? Huh? And these guys are similarly protected from the massive G forces involved?? What, is she projecting a protective stasis field around them or something?

It's sloppy that's what it is. Damn sloppy! :sumo:

Oh yeah, and now she runs faster than light and travels back in time. Slight question: How does travel back to the present day? doh!

/nitpick

hm

good points.

last i checked, however, it was a comic show.

please take 2 suspensions of disbelief and call me next season.