• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

will CA ever trump GA?

236 posts in this topic

This "argument" about GA vs CA, etc, reminds me of when I purchased my 56' Dodge Coronet (Mopar baby and original throughout with 41,000 miles), and my oldest teenaged son said "Dad, why didn't you buy something cool, like a Grand Am".

More like "Corvette". :banana:

But don't worry, it's just demographics at work.

This "argument" about GA vs CA, etc, reminds me of when I purchased my 56' Dodge Coronet (Mopar baby and original throughout with 41,000 miles), and my oldest teenaged son said "Dad, why didn't you buy something cool, like a Grand Am".

Funny you should mention Corvettes. A friend of mine is bringing one to my house tonight (if he shows) that I am contemplating buying. Red soft top. He buys and sells cars (speculating) and I know what he paid for it, so I am working on the right price. I have to give him a profit of course, but not too much.

Yea. No pizzing contest in sports from me. Played Baseball for 9 years, never cared much for other sports.

Baseball was my favorite too, and I was born in the wrong freaking country. It was all hockey, hockey, hockey (a sport I am very proficient in, but don't like due to the cold, ice and monster equipment) up here 24/7. :mad:

I hate the winter, and I often thought that my parent's adopted me on a trip to California. lol

I agree that you were born in the wrong fricken country. For you to fit in, you would have had to been born in Lilliput Land where you and your fellow Munchkins could play with your Byrne books all day long.

Funny you should mention Corvettes. A friend of mine is bringing one to my house tonight (if he shows) that I am contemplating buying. Red soft top. He buys and sells cars (speculating) and I know what he paid for it, so I am working on the right price. I have to give him a profit of course, but not too much.

Sweet, what year?

I agree that you were born in the wrong fricken country. For you to fit in, you would have had to been born in Lilliput Land where you and your fellow Munchkins could play with your Byrne books all day long.

You've been drinking on the short-bus again, haven't you? doh!

I just bought a 2001 Pontiac Firebird, 105k miles though so it was pretty cheap. If I could have afforded it though, I would have bought a 1956 Corvett.

My first car was a '93 Vette with 19K miles. I had it for part of high school and all of college. And yes, it did exactly what it was supposed to do, especially in college. I sold it last year and need to upgrade. My old man just bought an '08 so I'm pretty jealous at the moment.

I have had a blast (and still enjoy it, unlike apparently you with all of your bitterness and frustrations).

lol, you'd be so lucky to have my life, and contrary to popular belief, I only find myself being irritated on these boards.

Don't get me wrong, I like collecting comics and talking about them, but I absolutely detest brainless, herd-like behavior and it's quite common on sheep-heavy boards like this. I'm a wolf and don't associate with sheep in real-life, but there's no way around it on a public board.

I was almost on your side and then you spelled behaviour, incorrectly again. Wanna be a wolf, than let everyone know you are Canadian, and that is the way every other English speaking country in the world spells it...be a wolf dammit :sumo:

Jim

Sweet, what year?

It's a 2001 red with black interior. It has a C5 chassis if you know what that means. It is an LS1 350 aluminium engine.

He is asking 22,900 for it, but I am working on him to drop to about 21,500.

I offered him 21,000 and told him I would throw in a filled long box of comic books (my choice) and he just laughed and said "I don't read comic books, but I used to".

Of course my wife doesn't want me to buy it, as she thinks it is a chick magnet.

It is :devil:

I need a new hot rod. Maybe I will move the pics of my nova to photo bucket. Personally right now, it is either going to be a small 2 door that weighs nothing, or maybe a very very early chevy pick up. I like the old skool rods with the sheet of plywood for a bed. 450 horses in that is reasonable.

jeez louis, can we stop it with the "chicken arms" stuff. assuming the pictures are real, the typical poster here surely ingests/has ingested more creatine, andro and or whatever the heck else you can buy over the counter than the average schlub. comics, guns, swords and performance enhancing drugs all go hand in hand. i only have 3 out of 4 and two of them are locked away so that the 3 year old can't get at them.

and can we just stipulate that JC is Fabio's younger, better looking, smarter and more muscular second cousin? it makes the amount of time spent here all the more perplexing. shouldn't he be banging his hot wife or something? i know that's what i would be doing if i wasn't so old, tired and out of shape.

pass me the platter of bacon cheeseburgers please. i need to protein load for my upcoming workout.

love and kisses,

the blob

I was almost on your side and then you spelled behaviour, incorrectly again. Wanna be a wolf, than let everyone know you are Canadian

I do, and I've covered this many times before.

This is a US site, so I show CGC respect for providing this free service by typing in US format. When I'm in Quebec I speak French. (shrug)

When in Rome...

and can we just stipulate that JC is Fabio's younger, better looking, smarter and more muscular second cousin?

No way sucka! Whatever I *had* in my younger days, I lost most of it with age, and like they say in the "big books", "you can't go home again".

If we are going to compare GA cars vs. newer ones, then I would have to choose this GA beauty.

I grew up with old muscles cars, worked on them when I was in my teens, but the first time I saw one of these walk into my shop, it was instant love at first sight

Mercedes-Benz-300-SL-Coupe-RS-Studio-DO-1280x960.jpg

WOW! Nik, some people never ever get a chance to see one in real life.

We had one in our shop last year. Mercedes Benz Canada owns it for promotional exhibit like the Toronto Auto Show. I'll see if I can dig up the pics when I get home.

R.

oh, so you're nothing more than a middle aged washed up former jock like me?

after two knee surgeries and a torn pec I no longer reminisce about yesteryear oh so long ago when I could almost bench twice my weight (185 pounds - 315 bench -- ok, not exactly twice), could dunk (well, a volleyball, but not bad for a white guy who is a shade under 6 feet -- i got up high enough for a basketball but would always lose my grip -- not high enough to dunk 2 handed), and was the second best track & field guy (emphasis on field -- i was a sprinter too but never won any medals in that I am not Jamaican or Trinidadian, which is a requirement for such) in the New York City Public School system (#1 was an absolute freak of nature -- 6' 6", 270 of muscle at 18 and actually had decent technique...I couldn't compete with that -- not with friggin '72 time olympic gold medalist Al Oerter giving him tutoring sessions at some of the meets). i also averaged a double double playing power forward on my JV team --- not much of an accomplishment other than most of the other guys were 4-8 inches taller than me. and we only won 3 games. maybe i shouldn't have mentioned that one. but nobody ever dunked on me! ok, fine, i was a big hacker, nobody ever got close enough to the basket. i also hit a mammoth homerun in stickball off the ace of our high school baseball team (who had a very brief college career and now earns as much as a back-up second basemen as a partner in a major law firm)

If we are going to compare GA cars vs. newer ones, then I would have to choose this GA beauty.

I grew up with old muscles cars, worked on them when I was in my teens, but the first time I saw one of these walk into my shop, it was instant love at first sight

Mercedes-Benz-300-SL-Coupe-RS-Studio-DO-1280x960.jpg

One of my local buddies dad owns one, along with a jaguar type X class from the 60's.