• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

I did a research you guys are spot on, Zartan was unamed at #24. Then I really do need that #25 since I'm starting a portfolio for the Dreadnoks. But the original Dreadnoks, Buzzer, Ripper, and Torch, were unamed at the that issue, is there an issue were they got introduced? :grin:

Pretty sweet videos. Nostalgic as ever. :cloud9:

Zartan appears in the last panel of #24. Right next to the panel it says: NEXT ISSUE: The strangest deadliest foe the Joes have ever faced... the incredible... ZARTAN. So he is named in the comic, but not in the story by another character.

so it's a sort of a introduction already, really similar to the hulk wolvie scenario. very interesting...

on other news, the G.I. Joe title will be rebooting again, I think it is going to be released next year.

And introducing the first Indian-American Joe named Hashtag.

Whoa... there was Spirit (Charlie Iron-Knife), Airborne (Franklin E. Talltree), Altitude (John Edward O. Jones), Dart (Jimmy Tall Elk), and Redmack (Reginald Cobb).

Dang FNG Hashtag thinks he can come in and take claim of being the first native American in GI Joe!!!! (jk)

Spirit was the first Native American where they are claiming that Hashtag is Indian American so I'm assuming from India??

I did a research you guys are spot on, Zartan was unamed at #24. Then I really do need that #25 since I'm starting a portfolio for the Dreadnoks. But the original Dreadnoks, Buzzer, Ripper, and Torch, were unamed at the that issue, is there an issue were they got introduced? :grin:

Zartan appears in the last panel of #24. Right next to the panel it says: NEXT ISSUE: The strangest deadliest foe the Joes have ever faced... the incredible... ZARTAN. So he is named in the comic, but not in the story by another character.

so it's a sort of a introduction already, really similar to the hulk wolvie scenario. very interesting...

on other news, the G.I. Joe title will be rebooting again, I think it is going to be released next year.

Whoa... there was Spirit (Charlie Iron-Knife), Airborne (Franklin E. Talltree), Altitude (John Edward O. Jones), Dart (Jimmy Tall Elk), and Redmack (Reginald Cobb).

Dang FNG Hashtag thinks he can come in and take claim of being the first native American in GI Joe!!!! (jk)

Spirit was the first Native American where they are claiming that Hashtag is Indian American so I'm assuming from India??

:facepalm: - READING IS IMPORTANT!!!!

Sometimes you just totally screw-up... sorry everyone, please continue and ignore my comments. Thanks zekebarrett.

:facepalm: - READING IS IMPORTANT!!!!

Sometimes you just totally screw-up... sorry everyone, please continue and ignore my comments. Thanks zekebarrett.

It's all good...knowing is half the battle (sorry, I had a G.I.Joe Public Announcement moment).

Some of you have probably seen this already... I have seen this collection up on ebay in the past before...This does seem like a very, very nice collection (complete 1-155 newsstand and UPC), with so much fun...

I'm trying to figure out if the price seems at all reasonable though (not that I would come close to spending that amount)- it seems high to me, despite the high priced books included...

Full Marvel set on Ebay

Some of you have probably seen this already... I have seen this collection up on ebay in the past before...This does seem like a very, very nice collection (complete 1-155 newsstand and UPC), with so much fun...

I'm trying to figure out if the price seems at all reasonable though (not that I would come close to spending that amount)- it seems high to me, despite the high priced books included...

Full Marvel set on Ebay

I saw this, I believe I recall seeing this on E-Bay several months ago (although I could be wrong); probably didn't meet his reserve last time... ???

It's hard to put a price on a full collection like this... probably really depends on the overall condition of the keys. I bought a collection much like this, although not quite as big, about 8 years ago but I can't recall what I paid for it.

Good luck!

I'm looking for information on the old "three packs" of second prints from the Marvel Run- The ones that were prepackaged for resale, and look to have a $1.69 price tag...

These are the sets I know of:

- #2, 26, 27,

- #36, etc..

-#51 and two others in the 50s...

-#7, 25, 29

Does anyone know if these were a particular number of sets? Were there only x number of a predetermined three comics created and sold, or was it more of a random selection put together for resale?

I am trying to ultimately determine what sets exist and I need to be looking for-

Thanks-

I am

I'm looking for information on the old "three packs" of second prints from the Marvel Run- The ones that were prepackaged for resale, and look to have a $1.69 price tag...

These are the sets I know of:

- #2, 26, 27,

- #36, etc..

-#51 and two others in the 50s...

-#7, 25, 29

Does anyone know if these were a particular number of sets? Were there only x number of a predetermined three comics created and sold, or was it more of a random selection put together for resale?

I am trying to ultimately determine what sets exist and I need to be looking for-

Thanks-

I am

These are the one's I am aware of:

2-26-27 (2nd prints) Marvel

3-4-5 (2nd prints - however not marked 2nd prints) Marvel

34-35-36 (2nd prints) Marvel

46-47-48 (1st prints) Marvel

10-21-30 (2nd prints – 21^3rd print) Marvel

104-105-106 (1st prints) Marvel

113-114 (1st prints) 2-pack Marvel

128-139 (1st prints) 2-pack Marvel

2-6-8-11-12 (2nd prints) 5-pack Marvel

118 (single) (1st print) no idea what this is? Pedigree Gold

140-141-142-Transformers II 1 (1st prints) Marvel Adventures Collector’s Pack

There may be more but these are the one's I have in hand and am sure exist. I hope that helps.

Plucked a G. I. Joe Special #1 from a large collection I have been going through. The book has a serious shot at 9.9 and I am sending it express tomorrow. It's a 9.8 all day long, but I need to roll the dice. I can't wait 5 months on this. :wishluck:

Anyone dare to throw out a figure on what a 9.9 could be worth today, considering that there aren't any yet to exist?

$1500-2000? (shrug) Depends on the collector. What did the 9.9 copy of 21 sell for?

was looking for another gijoe #63 3rd print and had a look on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Rare-Much-Fun-Variant/dp/B006DI6CTQ

last place I thought to look. I ended up getting a really nice copy but there is another one (albeit a bit more expensive) on the link above...

Seems like a decent price. Am I off base?