• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Help is overwhelming guys, thank you, I know now what to look for, guessing my best bet is to pen the book itself, and some of the price variations. :)

You can also check sites like mycomicshop.com for picture references of the outside cover. In the example above the price is the same; however the Spiderman is different. 1st print is regular and 2nd print is black Spidey. This will help when buying online when you can't open the book. (thumbs u

so in like issue #24, all I can see on ebay that it has a black spidey and a newsstand cover, but on some sites it is said that it doesn't have any 2nd printings? is that correct?

Yes, that's true. The Black Spidey isn't always a 2nd print.

I said before to check mycomicshop.com for picture references. Here is the link to the 2nd printings GI Joe 2nd printings

Hope this helps. (thumbs u

What issue did the dreadknocks first appear? i'm a bit confused since some of them appeared before they have said to be introduced. it's like Zartan's case. and which do you guys consider as a first appearance? the literal one or the one that has an introduction?

Edited by ygerg

I've always called 25 zartan's first appearance, ala Hulk 181 vs 180. #24 was my favorite issue of the entire series. Made my childhood a much better place, these comics did.

Edited by Paper Airplane

I've always called 25 zartan's first appearance, ala Hulk 181 vs 180. #24 was my favorite issue of the entire series. Made my childhood a much better place, these comics did.

True, #25 is Zartan's 1st full appearance. #24 is a cameo. I posted both. Just like Bulk #180 is a cameo and #181 is full appearance.

Gonna have to read issue 24 again. I have always been fond of issue 47. It was one that I bought at a flea market when I was a kid and got hooked! I watched the cartoon and had the toys, but did not know much about the comics.

Gonna have to read issue 24 again. I have always been fond of issue 47. It was one that I bought at a flea market when I was a kid and got hooked! I watched the cartoon and had the toys, but did not know much about the comics.

I'm pretty sure I remember a TV commercial for issue #24 too. lol

There was!! I just did a Google search and found a bunch of them. :cloud9:

Here is the #24 commercial:

Here is a bunch more together in one video:

2nd bunch of commercials:

They are pretty neat. I remember a bunch of them, but there were some I never saw.

I did a research you guys are spot on, Zartan was unamed at #24. Then I really do need that #25 since I'm starting a portfolio for the Dreadnoks. But the original Dreadnoks, Buzzer, Ripper, and Torch, were unamed at the that issue, is there an issue were they got introduced? :grin:

Pretty sweet videos. Nostalgic as ever. :cloud9:

I did a research you guys are spot on, Zartan was unamed at #24. Then I really do need that #25 since I'm starting a portfolio for the Dreadnoks. But the original Dreadnoks, Buzzer, Ripper, and Torch, were unamed at the that issue, is there an issue were they got introduced? :grin:

Zartan appears in the last panel of #24. Right next to the panel it says: NEXT ISSUE: The strangest deadliest foe the Joes have ever faced... the incredible... ZARTAN. So he is named in the comic, but not in the story by another character.

I believe the Dreadnoks are not called Buzzer, Ripper, and Torch until #30. (thumbs u

Zartan appears in the last panel of #24. Right next to the panel it says: NEXT ISSUE: The strangest deadliest foe the Joes have ever faced... the incredible... ZARTAN. So he is named in the comic, but not in the story by another character.

so it's a sort of a introduction already, really similar to the hulk wolvie scenario. very interesting...

on other news, the G.I. Joe title will be rebooting again, I think it is going to be released next year.

so it's a sort of a introduction already, really similar to the hulk wolvie scenario. very interesting...

on other news, the G.I. Joe title will be rebooting again, I think it is going to be released next year.

And introducing the first Indian-American Joe named Hashtag.

There was!! I just did a Google search and found a bunch of them. :cloud9:

Here is the #24 commercial:

Here is a bunch more together in one video:

2nd bunch of commercials:

They are pretty neat. I remember a bunch of them, but there were some I never saw.

Nice!

And introducing the first Indian-American Joe named Hashtag.

Whoa... there was Spirit (Charlie Iron-Knife), Airborne (Franklin E. Talltree), Altitude (John Edward O. Jones), Dart (Jimmy Tall Elk), and Redmack (Reginald Cobb).

Dang FNG Hashtag thinks he can come in and take claim of being the first native American in GI Joe!!!! (jk)